“Spoiled by the Lodge with warmth, amenities, and what more... CHOCOLATE galore!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hershey Lodge

Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

BROWN, BROWN, BROWN... EVERYWHERE! A chocolate lover's dream! The rooms were very clean, beds like clouds, amenities too many to count, and steak restaurant was to die for. The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating.

1 Thank tanyaRN06

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
Fairless Hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wasn't sure about this as the photos weren't that great but I am glad I didn't go by the photos. I had a king size bed in the "right" side E wing and not the Tower. I LOVED IT.. It had a private outside entrance so you don't have to LUG the suitcases around. There was also another entrance in your room that would allow you to enter the hallway part of your hotel. The rooms were CLEAN and the PILLOWs were HEAVEN! (and towels.... I love big towels). The room was in great proximatey of the restaurants and other things happening and across from the recreation center. I will definitely ask for this room again when my family and I stay this time around. You don't have to leave the place... for food etc. Hershey park very close. There is another restaurant for pizza in walking distance "Your Place".

Room Tip: Love the second entrance but they are only available in few rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank litfemale7453
Delmar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here overnight. The place was extrodinary! Loved the Chocolate themed rooms. Everything was great. The only thing was the indoor pool entrance was in another building where you had to go outside to get to it. And it was cold out!!! The lodge was huge and you could easily get lost. I did!!!!

2 Thank Djb18
Brandywine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed at Hershey Lodge several times and always have a good time. They have the busiest lobby I've ever seen. Familys hanging out all day and night have fun. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Staff is friendly. Lots of activities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CLC151
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went Saturday night for one night with my husband and four kids (ages 9, 6, 4, 2). The lobby and staff were nice. I thought this hotel was too spread out and a lot of walkng to do with little kids. Indoor pool was very small and a hike away from our building (R). And you also had to walk several feet outside to get to the indoor pool which is odd and inconvenient when you are all wet and its cold outside.
The restaurants both had over an hour to two hour wait for dinner. We went at six oclock but that amount of time to wait with kids is ridiculous. This is only spring time which is not that busy...hate to see it in summer time. No decent resturants in the area either. Breakfast was the same...long long line so we got room service which was very good.
Little perks like the shuttle to the park and complimentary hershey bar upon arrival were nice but i guess I expected more for the money. Thought it was too pricey for a family one night getaway. Prob would stay at Days Inn for half the price and have just as much fun.

3 Thank nim101
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I and my 4 children stayed here two nights the final two nights of our 6 night Lancaster/Hershey spring break vacation...I must say that I was a bit underwhelmed. I was expecting more...Cannot quite put my finger on it...perhaps it was the bell man who convenenced me that it would be easier to talk my own luggage to my room...yet forgot to tell me that I would have to take 2 flight of stairs to do so...I ended up returning to the lobby to get assistance from the bellman. The pool was rather small and for a cold spring evening it was PACKED...standing room only...The lobby was fun and engaging...the restaruants on property were all filled, we waited 1.5 hours for seating at Bears Dean and could not get into the Grill at all...Great character ops...Breakfast package was good at Lebbi's however...they could not keep the buffet fully stocked and did little to control all the little fingers handleing the food (yuk). Maybe better in the summer when the full facility is open...there will be less of a crowd in common areas...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank alwaysgreen1
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Hershey Lodge is clean, comfortable and friendly. Outstanding food and gift shop. Fun town, good staff/ services. Character ops, awesome fireplace with seating. Shuttle service to the attractions was helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BEE199329556
HersheyResorts, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear BEE199329556,

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to hear that our service exceeded your expectations. It will be my pleasure to share your positive feedback with our team members.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hershey Lodge in the near future.