“Gets Better Every Year”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Gets Better Every Year”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We come here at least once a year for a marriage conference. Even though the property is sold out, the staff makes you feel like you are the only one there. The rooms are great, the bed very comfortable and the meeting rooms are well lit and the right temperature. The restaurants get backed up some, but nor badly considering there are 2000+ people just for the conference. The only complaint is that the room numbers and layout can make it difficult as 2000 series rooms are on the same floor as some 1000 series rooms and some 1000 series rooms are in different buildings.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are closer to the lobby but rooms in other units may have parking at the door.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BES09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had a great experience with this hotel no problems very clean wonderful room. I had the opportunity to have a room with a door inside and out it was a nice feature to be able to go straight into the hotel room or out into the parking lot from my room. The room itself was pretty quiet you were able to hear people in the hallway but only if they were walking right up near your door my only complaint would have been the pillows they were too fluffy. That however is just my personal preference. Overall I was very pleased with my stay. The concierge service was outstanding. I ate at the restaurant on site the food was excellent. There was a pool and exercise room on site however I was there for a conference and didn't have time to use it. They give you a Hershey's candy bar at check in which I thought was a nice added touch. Every morning after the maid leaves they also leave Hershey kisses on your nightstand.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Clean and beautiful rooms friendly staff see to all your needs lots to do even in the winter. Food is great a little pricey but what you would expect for a resort this is a great vacation for any family any ages

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Everyone is professional, warm, courteous, and friendly. I have stayed at the lodge each year for 6 years and have never had a bad experience.Make sure to venture into the neighboring towns as well to discover some of the hidden gems that are nearby. Great shopping and food! Pay a visit to the Hotel as well!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Lodge again. The stay was comfortable and convenient. Everything you need is all located in the lodge. The Bears Den Sports Bar, the Coffee Beanery were all so good. The rooms are comfortable and the staff are more than willing to help you. The only problem is that the places at the Lodge are pricey. Guess you pay for convenience. Enjoy!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were so excited to go stay at the Hershey Lodge when we found out that the trade show we were attending was going to be held there. Wow what an utter disappointment from the time we pulled up had to check in and then get back in our car drive around the entire property to find our room that looked like it was built in the 70s or 80s. The room was old, smelly and rundown. There was mildew all in between the grout lines in the tub and shower. The room did not feel clean at all. I was very surprised to see a property like this owned by Hersheys that had not been Kept up better. They were trying to pump the chocolate smell into the ventilation system to make the place smell better. It did not work very well. I took pictures of the dirt around the tub and the mildew in the tub and presented them to the clerk upon checkout. He said all he could do was offer me a 15% discount on $150 a night room. He did apologize but I feel that I could've stayed at a chain or something else close by and gotten a nicer room and a much better rate. It was also a very loud stay, we were woken up several times in the night hearing people in the hallways. It does not seem like there was much soundproofing of the room. I will never stay there again! I had expected and anticipated so much more.

• Stayed February 2013
HersheyResorts, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Christopher2998,

Thank you for your comments and concerns for the Hershey Lodge. Please accept my personal apologies for the disappointments you experienced during your visit. We take all comments, positive and constructive, very seriously. It is a disappointing to learn we did not meet your expectations.

We do our best to remedy our guest concerns during their stay. However, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to follow up and learn more about your experience at the Hershey Lodge. Please feel free to call: 717-533-3311 and ask for to speak with the General Manager.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at the Hershey Lodge Feb 1-3 for the PIAA Competitive Spirit Cheerleading Competition at the Hershey Arena. The Staff at The Lodge are extremely professional and courteous. Reminded me of Disney-level training. The place was spotless from the lobby to the hallways to the public areas & restrooms and our hotel room. The valet and bell staff were quick to respond and very professional. Check in was easy & we received lots of info from the front desk staff. Concierge could not have been more helpful with local restaurant info, shuttle to the Arena, info about events at the Conference Center. We ate at both restaurants and the coffee shop and enjoyed all three. The Hershey Grill was under renovation, so we were not able to see/use it. Our group rate was $149 per night, which I thought was extremely good for the value of service we received. Beds comfy, rooms were generously sized for two adults and two teens. Bathroom was VERY clean. Location is good and travel to the park is very easy. I would highly recommend the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center, as well as return there in the future.

Room Tip: Reeses Wing is quite a walk, if you have limits try to get a room closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family