“Value for money”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I got a package that includes hershey park, hershey story and hershey garden tickets for my entire family and overnight stay at hershey lodge. We arrived at the hotel around 9am and was able to check in right away! We were given hershey chocolate bars upon check in. Room size is enough to move around. I got a room with 2 queen beds. Didn't really stayed much in the hotel coz we were out during the day, but we had a good night sleep. Shuttle is free from the hotel to all hershey attractions and they run every 20 min. Evrything went smoothly, i have no complaints.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The fact that the lodge gives the shuttle is so convenient. The pool being open at 6 am is a lifesaver, as my oldest daughter is an early riser,so I can take her down and let the rest of the family sleep a bit.

Room Tip: go closer to the pool, but not right on top of it recommend the kiss rooms
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our second time staying here. Rooms are clean and staff is friendly. The indoor pool is nice and there are many dining choices to choose from. Some perks of staying here: free and timely shuttle service to the park, hershey's chocolate upon check in, free wifi, AAA discount, outdoor mini golf and outdoor pool.

Sign up for the email list- there are good deals emailed every couple of weeks, or so.

We will definately return!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I spent one night at the Hershey Lodge and had a really nice time. The room was comfortable and large enough to accommodate a family of three. We used the indoor pool (too chilly to use the outdoor) and had fun. There are also tennis courts, mini golf courts, and beautifully landscaped grounds for walking.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was our first trip to Hershey and our expectations of a "Hershey" property were much pretty elevated as we purposely avoided the numerous franchise alternatives in favor of "being on the property". After driving with our two grandkids for four hours, four and two, we arrived to find a 25 minute wait to check in which was created by one of the front desk representatives just picking up and leaving with a big line in front of him. Then off to the room which was much too far from the main Lodge making life difficult with little children every time that you went to eat or do small things like shop in the gift shop. The decor of the building was fancy "Best Western" although the rooms were nicely decorated and very clean. The bathrooms were small and the walls paper thin so you could hear everything. To compound the problem, the doors are the old metal doors which echo the sound so at 1:00 AM , our two year grandson was awoken by a family who decided to have a conversation in the hallway.

The Lodge itself is probably the furthest away from Hershey Park than any of the local hotels so the free shuttle to the park was more trouble than it was worth so we ended driving to the park and pying the $12.00.

The dining arrangements in the hotel for families with very young children are inadequate as the Bear Lodge was a glorified fast food restaurant with very mediocre food and the waiter forgot one meal which we skipped because we just couldn't wait any longer. The breakfast at "Leberfelders" on Sunday morning was a joke as they didn't have enough staff to open up all of the tables and guests were waiting all over the lobby and getting irritated. The buffet itself was undistinguished and we didn't dare order from the menu for fear that it would take too long. In fairness, the waitress was terrific as she was moving as fast as she could and all the while smiling. Too bad, we couldn't say the same for the head hostess who clearly let the cahos get under her skin.

In fairness, the housekeeping staff was great including a late night response to our grandaughter getting sick and needing a change of bed linens.

All of this didn't dampen the fun the grandkids had at Hershey Park so when we go again, we will just stay at one of the chain hotels and save alot of money. The Lodge does not offer value for the money and it is terribly inconvenient.

Room Tip: Insist on aroom close to the main Lodge building
3  Thank alsal
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I like to book things online so I have a printable verification of the specifics to refer to...I was
unable to book a stay for tonight online at The Hershey.com site because my arrival date was too close and the site prompted me to call 800 Hershey. I should have known immediately that there was a dark cloud over my well intended weekend trip for my kids. At 9:30 in the morning, the reservation lady was already in a bad mood. She was rude and made it clear that I was annoying her with my basic questions. I asked to speak to a manager who was able to help, without snarky attitude. As I booked my room, she gave me a totally different, much higher rate than the first agent.

Long story short, we were given 3 conflicting rates, incorrect park hours (which completely screwed up our entire trip and had our kids upset) and the girl who set our reservation at the hershey Lodge gave us the address to the Herehey Hotel, which made us even later.

We plugged in the street address she provided into our Navi and pulled up unknowingly, at the wrong Hershey property, gave our car to the valet, had our luggage brought in only to find out that we were at the wrong Hershey park property. We retrieved our luggage and got the car back from the valet. We then googled the correct address on my iphone, for the Hershey lodge----huge mistake as they have recently changed "official addresses" and not made note of this on their website. seriously, update yor website, folks! We spent 50 minutes driving around in circles, roller coasters in sight, because of stupid errors on the part of Hershey staff. It was like the twilight zone because the lodge was not where it was supposed to be.

Oh, did I mention that the we Specifically asked the reservation agent if guests of Hershey properties could gain early entrance, as noted on the website? Well, I did and she said that this perk was no longer valid. no huge surprise that she was wrong and we missed the early entry.

Upon check in, we were advised of the "correct" park hours for today, so we thought. The check in lady was incorrect about today's park hours, too. She did, however inform us that had we shown up earlier, we could have gained early access to the park, as a guest of a Hershey property!

3 phone agents and one front desk clerk were incorrect about the park hours. how is it possible to have 4 versions of park hours?

The hotel itself was fair for the price. Unfortunately, it did smell like a retirement home.

There is a no pet policy but our room was adjoining a room with a crying cat. I called the concierge but the cat remained.

Our rate Included 4tickets to the park. By now, I had a headache, so my kids and husband went without me. I called the manager to report our issues. The manager was nice enough but the day was ruined by then.

Our kids did not get to the park until 3:20pm. We were repeatedly told the park hours for the day were 2-10pm. The ACTUAL park hours were 10-10pm with a 9am entry for Hershey property guests. Our kids were so disappointed. We spent all morning "killing time" waiting for the park to open at 2, meanwhile the park opened at 9am.

Apparently, starting next week, the park will start new seasonal hours, opening at 2pm.

My

Room Tip: Do not book thru 1 800 Hershey! They have no idea what they are doing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank K T
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our family has been going to the Hershey Lodge for 12 years now. We have our routine. We get there very early, leave our things in the car, and hop on the the next bus to the park. We LOVE the free shuttle service and how frequently it runs. We've seen the quality of the rooms evolve over the years. Definitely more luxurious than in the past years. But you pay for that. The cost to stay at the Lodge has been slowly increasing. The kids love the outdoor pool and the mini golf. We grab coffee and breakfast from the Beanery in the lobby. They have a decent selection, but again, the prices have gone up and some of the serving sizes have shrunk. There are multiple places to eat on site. Over the years, we've tried just about all of them. The Lodge offers a s'mores cookout at the firepit in front of the hotel. You have to purchase the kit from the gift shop. I think it should be complimentary or just bring your fixings from home. The characters come to visit the children which is a nice treat for them. Overall, the Hershey Lodge has a lot to offer for a family of five.

Room Tip: The Lodge is VERY big. We usually stay off the outdoor pool and golf area in the back of the buildi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family