“Typical Amusement Park” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Hershey
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hersheypark is closed until Spring 2017 and will re-open APRIL 8-9 & 14-16, 2017. Please check our website for most up to date information. Hersheypark(R) is THE premier historic family amusement and water park with something for everyone. Genuine hospitality, thrilling rides and attractions, water fun and live entertainment are all part of the authentic Hershey experience. Generations share memorable times in Hersheypark, the centerpiece attraction in one of the world's unique resort destinations. Located in a town founded by an American icon who created a brand that is synonymous with trust and quality, Hersheypark upholds the standard of excellence and advances the legacy of Milton S. Hershey.
NJ
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Typical Amusement Park”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Haven't been to Hershey in years, so decided to spend a weekend in August. The tickets are about average for an Amusement Park, and the night-before preview is a nice bonus. Rides are what you expect, from kiddie rides to extreme coasters. Otherwise, here are some thoughts:

- Entry: very disorganized mess. They really need to fix this. Entered at several different times (7pm, 11am, 4pm) and it was always crowded and always disorganized. They should have a sperate area for buying tickets, not have the entry/buying area the same.
- we were there on Friday night/Saturday: it was VERY crowded on Saturday. Lines for everything - including the kiddie rides. Minimum wait was 20 minutes.
- food: Food is about what you would expect at an amusement park. Not great and expensive. my big gripe is lack of places to actually sit to eat. So, after you wait 30-40 minutes for your food, you search 20-30 minutes for somewhere to sit. They really need to improve this.
- Chocolate world: We did the factory tour, which again was extremely crowded. Cute ride, but barely worth it. Kids did the little Hershey Kiss assembly line experience which was very cute.

After having recently visited Knoebels, Hershey was a big disappointment. 6yr old had very limited rides she could go on. Most were real small "baby" rides. She could go on everything, including roller coaster, at Knoebels.

In summary, unless I get a super deal this will probably be our last visit to Hershey Park. Knoebels will be on our list instead!

• Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bucks County, PA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Boardwalk Cabana Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

As a family of four, we splurged and rented a cabana for the day at the Boardwalk. It was money well spent. We were at park during Sweet Start (since we had stayed at Hershey Campground) and at 10am, checked into our cabana. Staff were very friendly and gave us tour of cabana area. Included with the cabana is a souvenir bag, 4 towels, sunscreen and 4 souvenir cups. That was a really nice touch. The cabana offers 12 water bottles, unlimited soft drinks/ iced tea. Also an all-day locker rental. Private changing house and walk up to Cabana Grill. And a private entrance to the lazy river. Well worth it on a crowded day.

So we dropped off our stuff and headed out to the park. First stop: zoo america (we had already ridden rides during Sweet Start so we were taking it easy). Then some rides and then back to the Boardwalk for lunch and water attractions.

The Cabana was so nice that we ended up staying until the Boardwalk closed! So my only suggestion for next time is to spend one cabana day and one park day - we did do preview the night before but would have liked to see more of the park. After the Boardwalk closed, we locked our stuff and went out into the park. What a relief not to lug stuff around.

Security is really good at Cabanas - no worries there. I would recommend cabanas but book early - they were sold out day we were there.

TIP: Make sure you ride Farenheit as soon as possible. My husband and daughter rode it Saturday night and waited in line over an hour and half. But I was glad because it wasn't running on Sunday for awhile - I can't imagine how long the line was after it finally opened.

Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

It really is a great place to visit and if you are gluten free it's that much sweeter. ..
Great rides food and entertainment.

1 Thank Tom T
New York City, New York
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“You only need one day here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

As far as theme parks go, this place makes a half-hearted effort to make it an experience rather than just a bunch of rides. For my money, I'd rather they can all that nonsense and just focus on the rides. The food is not worth it: you can leave the park and come back. The rides are about a 6 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best. If you can make it to Busch Gardens in VA., go there instead. If you must go here or are in the area, go for one day and get the "fast" pass option and hit the 4 or 5 coasters, then you're done. The water park is ok, 2 or 3 good slides, but that's it.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

May I start by saying if your giving a negative review because you decided to go on a Saturday during the end of Summer give me a break. You know it will be busy so try a weekday instead you'll have a much better experience and if you don't like waiting then buy a fast pass you can't beat that for sure.
I hadn't been to Hershey since I was little and wanted to go somewhere that had the most to offer kids 5 and under. I was not disappointed let me tell you. We did the preview night which is a MUST as it will give you the better bang for your buck. Overall we spend 150 dollars for a day and a half really which is AWESOME compared to other parks like Kings Dominion which have hardly any kids rides and do not offer a FREE preview night. There were almost no lines for the kiddie rides and the ones that did have lines were very quick. I don't think my little ones have had more fun in their lives. Also, I found that the games were very moderately priced compared to other parks ive been too.
Going back in October for Customer Appreciation CAN NOT WAIT! :)

Visited August 2013

Been to Hersheypark? Share your experiences!