Hershey's Chocolate World
Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fun Place to shop

Aside from the attractions, you can find any Hershey candy you could ever want at Chocolate world... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
884michellel
Oakton, Virginia
via mobile
So much fun!

I throughly enjoyed visiting this place and so did my kid which is the reason for the visit. His... read more

Reviewed today
DeAndra T
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Hershey
from $12.50
More Info
7,233 results
All reviews candy bar free tour make your own chocolate world singing cows create your own food court the trolley tour gift shop real factory d movie hershey bar hershey products cookies cupcakes hershey's chocolate for sale
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in while on our trip to Hershey Park and I've never seen so many people in one area! We did the free tour of how the chocolate is made and had to wait in line approx 40 minutes just to get on the "ride", which consists of a small cart that is on a rail that runs through the "exibit". It's interesting to see and it's definitely made for kids. It's not a long ride, I think we stood in line longer than the ride took. Afterwards we decided to look in the store area, but there were so many people we just left. We did, however, stop back after a trip in the park (I wanted chocolate! ), and surprisingly it was just as busy as earlier in the day! We made our way to the back where the store is located and I picked up some chocolate. The checkout lines went very quick, I must say.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed August 6, 2017

If you have young kids or a wife with a sweet tooth it's worth suffering through in order to go to Troegs without their tears.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

We opted for Chocolate world instead of Hershey Park because we wanted to do something a bit more "low key". I ordered one of the bundle packages, which gives you a bit of a discount, versus paying for them individually. Here is a break down for the things we did:
4D experience - Very cool! Our little guy really liked it. It did scare him a bit, since this was his first experience with a 3D film, and the 4D experience (blowing air, some water spritzes) were new to him. All in all, very good...he talked about it the entire way home.
Make your Own Candy Bar - Awesome! Much better than I anticipated. Use a computer screen to enter the desired info, such as milk, dark, or white chocolate bar (although, they pour milk chocolate over the entire thing anyway) and select your ingrediants, such as chocolate chips, butterscotch, pretzels, etc. Then, you watch it go through, and as your bar goes through the machine, your name will appear, indicating that the bar currently being created is yours. You also get to design your wrapper, which is pretty cool. Finally, your bar is finished and packed in the wrapper and placed in a nice keepsake metal tin. The candy bar was fresh and delicious!
Chocolate Tasting - OK, but maybe a bit advanced for a small one. Our little guy was interested in the tasting part, but the information presented was over his head.
The Trolley - Very nice time. We went early August and whoever was working did a fantastic job. He kept running off the trolley and coming back on with different costumes. Our little guy just giggled and giggled.
That sums up the paid things we did. We also did the free tour, which was nice to sit and ride.
The negative - Food Court PRICES.....OMG, ridiculous. A small pizza, the size of a slice was $10!!!

Overall, we had a very nice time and the staff we interacted with was very nice.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

1. The Adventure Bundle is a good value and covers parking fee (need to stop by guest services to get parking validated).

2. Seasonal trolley is shorter but is more interactive (actors playing different roles) and historical trolley gives you a more in-depth history of Milton Hershey. We took Historical Trolley and enjoyed it very much.

3. The food we had in food court was actually pretty good (and over priced as expected).

Great way to spend the day in Hershey.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

I've came here four years ago and all the presentations were the same. Except if I wanted to make my own candy bar within a reasonable timeframe of my other activities it costs $5 more. Other than that I would have to wait until 7. Instead of 2:30. But that makes sense they probably want you to stay that long so you can spend $40 in parking.