“Nice Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went up to the town the end of last month, We had a double room with a full kitchen, it worked out very well. We all had our space, the staff was great also. The girls had a great time in the pool and hot tub. We even got down there when they went to their concert. If we got back up there once the park is open, I'll happily stay again

Room Tip: Ask for the king suites
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Kally S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for taking time to comment on our property! We look forward to seeing you when the park opens.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Bid trip to medical center. Nice and comfortable rooms, clean, indoor pool seemed great if you have kids.
Breakfast fine, lobby nice to hang out and work. Elevator is the one draw back. It is be of the slowest I've ever encountered and this place is only 4 floors in total. All who waited and rode on it had the same thoughts and comments, what the heck is with this elevator. Weird.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kally S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking time to the review! We take all feedback into serious consideration. Thank you for the nice words about our facility and also for the feedback about the elevator.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Super family oriented hotel. Spacious room - was sufficient for a family of five. Clean and comfortable. Complementary hot breakfast is a plus. Staff amazingly friendly and helpful. We stayed over Easter and the hotel staff organized an easter egg hunt for the kids...how wonderful and fun it was! We will certainly choose this hotel again for our next visit to Hershey Park!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to write about our property! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and the Easter Egg Hunt!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

On our trip to Hershey Park we stayed in this hotel. It was my wife and three small children as well as myself. The room was clean and the staff were helpful. The pool was your average hotel pool, however it was a bit deep for the little ones. The shallow end was still 4'. The breakfast buffet was good not great and we stayed two nights and each morning they did have different food. So for what we needed a place to lay our heads and a short trip to Hershey Park (5 minutes), and for the price it was a great place to stay.

1  Thank Dan B
Kally S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel! We really appreciate the feedback. We take all comments into consideration and discuss them with our staff. We strive to provide the best customer service and we are able to do that by the feedback you provide.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I looked at the reviews for this hotel before booking it. It got very high ratings. Unfortunately, I cannot give it a good one. When booking the hotel, I told them I would like adjoining rooms and was told they did not have any. Therefore, I said I needed to be very close to the other party we were traveling with because our children would be going back and forth between rooms. When we checked in, they were going to put us on different floors. Mind you, I had made the reservation 3 months ago and called back 3 times to be sure there was a note on my account about needing the rooms very close to each other. I was clearly upset so they put us on the same floor at least. When we got into our room, there was an adjoining door in our room. I went back down to the front desk to ask why they continuously told me they did not have those types of rooms and the front desk clerk informed me that they do not tell guests they have adjoining rooms because they cannot always get them right next to each other. Really? I made this reservation in January -- long before you were sold out. Anyway, we wound up on the same floor but not very close to each other. The sheets on my daughter's bed had some stains on them which disgusted me. The breakfast was decent but they kept running out of food and didn't seem like they were in a very big rush to refill it. We came down to the lobby to eat some pizza late Saturday night, and the crumbs from someone's breakfast was still under the table we were sitting at. All in all, I was not impressed. Next time, we will go back to the Days Inn up the road who provides a free shuttle to Hershey Park and Chocolate World which the Hampton Inn did not. Plus we paid over $40 per night more to stay at the Hampton Inn over the Days Inn. It will be an easy choice the next time we visit.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the court on the inside of the hotel. It is very dark and dreary.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I would like to apologize on behalf of Hampton Inn & Suites - Hershey for the mix up about your rooms. Unfortunately, we do not have many connectings rooms and the rooms that do connect are ADA rooms to a standard room.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is where Trip Advisor can lead you astray. Ratings for this are nearly as high as Hershey Hotel or Lodge, but it's not even close to similar. The quality is much less here. Don't get me wrong, I love Hilton Hotels (Hampton is one), and they are my premier hotel chain choice for business travel, but this was a well worn, crazy house. Our room felt like a cave. it was dark, looking onto a very small courtyard. no Verizon signal to be found. The Hershey Hotel and Lodge are like the Ritz when compared to here. The coffee tasted like instant, and the eggs seemed imitation. If you are a frequent traveler, like nicer hotels, and can afford the Hotel or Lodge, plan your stay around their availability. It will be worth the planning. Staff were wonderful, but this hotel--not so much.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2015

We appreciate you Hampton patronage. Our new management team has renovated all guest rooms, lobby and breakfast presentation. Hampton has improved its food menu which we follow as a standard. No, our breakfast is not a cooked to order farm to table meal, but the items we use are genuine egg products and everything we use is first quality appropriate for buffet service.

We hope to see you back!

Best regards ,

Reviewed March 31, 2013

If we come back to Hershey, PA ... this is where we're staying. The facilities were all in great condition. Price was affordable. They are pet friendly. They provide wonderful service.

The Room: the room was pristine when we entered. The kitchen was complete with microwave, full size frig, dishwasher, sink with disposal, cabinets with dishes for 4. There was a very small stool and bar area for 2 people to sit at in the kitchen area. We were 3 ppl so we just dragged the desk chair out of the living-room and made due just fine. There was a pull out full bed in the couch along with flat screen TV (36", maybe a tad bigger), dresser, desk, end tables and lounge chair/ottoman in the living room area. Bedroom we had a full king, 2 dressers, another 36" flat screen (maybe a tad bigger) and open closet nook (with ironing board, iron, baggage stand). Bathroom vanity and sink (with hair dryer) are outside the commode/shower room. We 3 had plenty of room. WiFi is free with stay.

The Hotel: the pool was cool but not unreasonably so. The jacuzzi was hot but not overly so. Exercise room was a bit small but sufficient and the equipment was new and in excellent condition. There is a courtyard in the center of the hotel with some tables/chairs and some flora/fauna. Quaint. The dining area is open to the lobby/front desk area. It wasn't in issue for me but I might see it getting a bit busy during weekend checkout time overlapping late buffet time. The breakfast buffet was EXCELLENT. 2 waffle machines, fresh muffins and danish, fresh fruit and fruit salad, cereals, oatmeal, meats (2 of the 3 days we were there), eggs, toast/bagels/etc, fruit juice machine, coffee/tea bar. It was a great spread and you can tell it's a factor that draws families to this hotel as the morning buffet (6am-10am) was well attended.

The Pets: we chose this hotel because they are pet friendly. This was the first time on the road with our little dog and we couldn't have asked for more. I saw at least 8 different dogs during our 3 day stay and yet only heard any barking maybe 2 or 3 times. Not persistent, just a little yip or yap. No disturbance of any kind. There is absolutely no hint of pet odor in the building. The carpets are clean, the rooms clean, the outdoor area clean. There is a grassy area out back behind the parking lot, complete with a doggy bag dispenser (with free bags) and trash can. The area was well maintained and reasonably clean. Responsibility for picking up after one's pet falls to the owners and while clearly not every owner respected this, it wasn't difficult to walk our dog back there.

The People: over the course of 3 days I had to approach the front desk twice. Both times they were simple needs or observations. The hotel staff was outstanding. They were attentive, receptive, responsive and assisted me immediately in each occasion. They asked if I needed anything else and offered to exceed my requests. Today, Easter Sunday was our departure day and they had a little egg hunt set up for the kids. As we had been entering/exiting the hotel from the back where we were parking, we missed the posted notice. The front desk (Kelly) whipped up a little bag of eggs/treats as my daughter had missed the event. THIS IS THE KIND OF THOUGHTFULNESS we look for while on vacation. This team of professionals are really happy to help.

2 minor critiques. No safes in the rooms. No vent fans in the bathrooms. Now let me be more specific. The front desk offered to lock up anything we required; though I prefer a safe in the room. The bathrooms do have a vent, but with a family of 3 sharing our very comfortable room with only ONE bathroom, the ability to have turned on a fan would have been appreciated.

That's it. If I had tried to edit down this review to 2 lines they would have read. "Take your family, take your pet ... You all will have a really comfortable and enjoyable stay here."

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!