“Great Breakfast, Issues with the Shower”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Breakfast, Issues with the Shower”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the full breakfast was great with eggs and sausage, etc. I had problems trying to adjust the shower though. It was on one of those pulsating settings and when I tried to change it, I couldn't reach it. I'm 5'7" and have never had this issue before. I eventually gave up because once I used the edge of the tub to reach it, it was so hard to turn that I only got it moved half way. And the water never got hot. It only reached lukewarm and this was around midnight so I don't think it was too busy. So, be prepared before you turn the water on and you should enjoy this stay.

2 Thank CravingBlue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Hebrew first
Erie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed 2 nights during the PIAA Cheerleading competition. The room was average size, the walls are very thin so you can hear your neighbors. The breakfast was okay, scrambled eggs tasted weird & the orange juice also had an odd flavor. The bananas were very over ripe. They did keep the breakfast area well stocked. The coffee, tea, cocoa station was really nice & always accessible! There were stink bugs in the light covers in the hallways which looked bad. The front desk staff was really nice but the lady who brought more towels wasn't very nice at all & seemed to hate her job. The elevator was slow & sounded like it was on its last leg. The beds were comfy & clean! The location was great as it was about 5 minutes to Hershey Park Arena. I'm not sure if we will stay here again, but it's possible.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator is best since it makes weird noises.
1 Thank Katrinka513
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed for one night while my daughter was attending the PIAA Cheerleading competition in Hershey. The hotel was clean, the room was very clean and HUGE. I had a suite, and the room was awsome! The staff were all friendly and polite, and it was very close to all the Hershey attractions. I would definitly stay here again the next time I come to Hershey.

1 Thank cmrt
Beaver, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Came into town to do a speaker's program, and was put up here. Nice stay. The room was standard-issue hotel room, but clean and tidy. Bed was very nice. Very quiet (not sure how many people were there as it was almost too quiet).

No one to meet me at the desk (it was after 9, and the whole town seemed to have rolled up the carpet!). Once someone did arrive, check-in was smooth. There was bagged popcorn waiting on a table near the door to take to the room.

There was a nice breakfast in the morning in the lobby - more than just pastries and coffee, but I don't eat breakfast so I didn't really survey it very well. The morning staff went out of their way to help me check-in for my flight (boarding pass wouldn't print!).

A pleasant small-town feel. No attitude. Very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mockx3
Durham, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We enjoy staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites! We were a family of four and our stay at the Hampton Inn was perfect... as expected. The room was maintained with no concerns. It was clean, odor free, roomy and the beds were extremely comfortable. The service desk staff are nice and helpful. The pool located inside the hotel is very nice. The contine The location of this hotel was close to Hershey attractions and area restaurant. We are looking forward to to our next stay at this hotel once we return back to Hershey, PA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bridgett S
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

My family and I were looking for a quality lower price hotel compared to some other properties in Hershey, Pennsylvania and the Hampton Inn and Suites was a good selection.

Location: Very close to all the attractions and a variety of restaurants in Hershey.

Staff: Very helpful, friendly, and courteous.

Room: Our room was on the first floor and it was a little dark. Could have had better lighting in the room. But, the room comfortably accommodated my family. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the handwritten post notes by the cleaning staff stating who cleaned the room and wishing us a nice stay was a nice touch. Also, the walls were pretty thin. We could hear everything going on in the room next to us.

Price: Good value, especially for the service we received.

Overall: A good stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for a concert at Hershey Theater. I am very picky about hotels, so I am always anxious about a hotel stay.

The hotel is about one mile from the theater and most attractions.

The hotel is basically clean. We had the King sized bedroom suite facing the golf course which was very scenic. I read a review prior that the rooms facing the highway were a bit noisy.

The suite had two Tv's, microwave, refrigerator, stovetop, and dishwasher. Also a pull out bed and lounge chair with hassock and a computer desk with free Internet access.

The furniture was slightly worn, but tolerable. The bed looked fairly new and was very comfortable with a nice bedspread. The sheets and towels all looked clean. The bathroom seemed mostly new, but the sink area could have used updating

The lighting in the rooms was poor. I believe they used the new style light bulbs.

The breakfast could have been a bit nicer, but was included in the price.

The lounge area on the second floor needs to be totally redone as the furniture was quite shabby.

All in all it was a good stay, staff was mostly friendly.

I would stay there again if I visited the Hershey area

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Roadtonowher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
#10 of 24 in Hershey
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!