“Hampton always delivers”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Florence, New Jersey
“Hampton always delivers”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love staying at Hampton Inn's. They give great discounts to military and federal employees and always have clean rooms and the best continental breakfast. This Hampton is no different. The staff was helpful and friendly. Are room was clean and very spacious. The breakfast wasnt as good as I've seen at other Hampton's but it still beats any other chain. Overall, good experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hi Matymil!

First and foremost...THANK YOU for your service!

Thanks also for staying with us and posting your review! We appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton brand as well as your comments!

Our staff will be happy to hear about your experience!

I am concerned about your comment about the breakfast and would love to hear any additional comments or suggestions. Please feel free to reach out to me at the property if you would like share any details.

Thanks again and travel safe!

Hampton Inn and Suites Hershey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Hebrew first
Freehold, NJ
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed just one night in mid-week (January, off season) and I was surprised by the high occupancy. This is a good indication that a hotel is a good quality choice. We were not disappointed at all. We stayed in a King Suite and the room offered everything you would expect from a Hilton family property. The king bed was clean and comfortable. A flat screen TV with a good HD picture was a welcome change from what we have seen in hotels lately.A large bathroom with a separate dressing area and vanity was very usefull for 2 people getting ready in the morning. The suite also included a kitchen with apartment size appliances. It included everything needed to qualify as a full kitchen.
Most importantly, everything about this hotel was clean and well maintained.On our per-arrival call, I spoke with Sonia who was very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. I would certainly recommend this property to anyone visiting the Hershey area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SandMike
Hello SandMike,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for posting your review!

I am so glad that our hotel met your needs and expectations! Our team works really hard to keep the hotel clean and well maintained so they will be very happy to hear your kind words! I will be sure to share this with them at our next team meeting!

Also, please know that I will be sure to give a shout-out to Sonia, our General Manager as well for helping you along the way! She's got, "Hamptonality!" :)

Alabama
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We only stayed here one night on a long drive from AL to NH, but found the staff to be very helpful. Though the lobby was undergoing renovation (as were several other Hamptons we visited during this trip), it was orderly and the staff were very helpful in pointing out the temporary breakfast areas. During breakfast, we found a welcoming area to eat our meal in a re-vamped hotel room complete with Christmas tree. Simply a nice respite for a couple of tired travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Dewdropinn!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff! Our team certainly do have, "Hamptonality!" :)

I am glad that our hotel was a good stop for you on your journey and I hope you were able to enjoy some of the area attractions during your visit as well!

I will share your review with our team! Thanks again for staying a for taking the time to post a review!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This property has everything we have come expect in hampton inn. The lobby was welcoming the staff were gracious and the rooms comfortable and clean. it located near the main attractions and easy to find. The property is ell maintained and professionally managed. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Devlin G!

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate it when guests take time to write a review!

I will be sure to share your kind comments with our team! They work hard everyday to provide a home away from home for our guests and love to hear when their efforts pay off!

All my best to you and yours,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I must admit I was a little disappointed in this Hampton Inn. However, I do know that I am a very picky traveller. I only stayed 1 night for business but I found my room to be dark and a little creepy. Also, the room smelled of smoke. I called the front desk and they did offer to move me or to bring over some air freshener. EVen though there was an odor, the room was clean and I was tired so I declined to switch rooms. The service was good no complaints there. The only other issue I had was that their business center is 2 computers in the Lobby and the dial up was so slow that me and my business companion decided to just get our boarding passes at the airport. Overall, I would probably not stay at this location again unless I had no other choices in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. I did not feel safe on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AddictedToTravel35
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Hello AddictedToTravel35!
Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!
I am sorry for the issues you experienced in your room however I am glad that our staff service was up to par. We will be sure to share your experience with our team in an effort to improve.

We wish you safe travels and a Happy 2013!
All My Best,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 24, 2012

With relatively good reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel, I booked it for a 2 night stay while visiting Hershey. Upon arrival at the lobby, I was slightly taken aback by the extent of the renovations, the lobby didn't look too welcoming (could have been better if there were wooden partitions to block off the parts being renovated). The renovations also impacted the breakfast dining area - the selections were good, unfortunately, the dining area was too chilly, there was no sign of any heating available in the lobby (it might be a one-off occurrence though).

Despite a few niggling issues above, the room was clean and comfortable. The beds were soft, towels have a pleasant smell, and who doesn't like the availability of free wifi? The hotel has gym facilities and meeting rooms should you need them.

Overall, this is a good hotel to stay for a night or 2. I would definitely rate it even higher if not for the slight hindrance coming from the renovation works.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear jsjj88,

Thank you so much for staying with us! Thanks also for posting a review on Tripadvisor!

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with the renovations! We try to minimize the impact of the renovations on our guests as much as possible. We will investigate the lobby heating to see if there is a problem…thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities both in the room as well as in the public areas and I hope that you were able to get to see everything you came to see in the Hershey – Harrisburg Area!

Best wishes to you and yours over the holiday season!
Director of Sales – Hampton Inn and Suites Hershey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed at the hotel after a day trip to Hershey Park, followed by a visit to the light show. Rooms were clean and neat. The lobby was under construction so I worried about how the free breakfast would be handled - but they did an excellent job. Kudos to the management. They removed all the furniture from two rooms and put out all the food, along with festive decorations and lights there, then added seating (also decorated) in an additional space. While it might have been a bit spread out, it was clean, organized, and managed in such as a way as to make it seem cozy and warm instead of weird and dusty.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
#3 of 25 in Hershey
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!