“Excellent........again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel. We must like it.....we keep coming back. We always get the king suite with kitchenette. The room itself is very large, plenty to accomodate three adults and two small children/babies, even with losing some space to a pack and play for the baby. The extra space gives them room to run around and play without getting into trouble, and we can bring lots of toys and not feel like we are crammed in.
The kitchenette is perfect for storing milk/juice and have the option of using the microwave if we need it.
The rooms have always been clean and well maintained. The breakfast is very good,and free! Hard to complain about free food, especially when it includes fresh made waffles. As soon as something was running low, it was promptly refilled, and the quality was very good.
However, what got me to write this review was the staff. From check-in to check-out they were superb. Friendly faces, very helpful, very responsive to our every need (I forgot to ask for a pack and play when I reserved, asked at check-in; that guy was knocking on the door with it before we even sat down!) When I walked into the lobby, I was lugging a baby, trying to corrale a three year old and dragging two suitcases and a stroller while the rest of the family parked the car and brought more luggage. I am sure I was a sight to see! I don't suspect that it was a coincidence that he gave me the room right at the lobby! How helpful was that! At first I was concerned that the noise from the lobby breakfast would wake the babes in the morning, but that room is so well insulated, we never heard a sound from outside.
All weekend, every time we arrived or departed, the staff were very friendly to the kids, and made a big fuss over them. Now I am sure that lots of kids stay at the hotel right near the entrance to Hersheypark, and I am also sure that our kids aren't the singularly cutest kids ever to stay there, but the staff acted like they were. It is always nice to be made to feel special. Thanks guys for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank docdebbi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed April 17, 2012

It started off poorly as soon as we walked in as the 2 people at the front desk were engaged in administrative work at the front desk and we had to wait for them to finish before they greeted us. On our way to our room, the carpets badly needed vacuuming, and they remained that way the entire stay. The room had an overpowering smell of mildew, including the towels. It really needs to be updated and the cleaning staff should be fired.

2  Thank BarbaraC47588
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great Hotel in Hershey PA!!! Large King Suite with Kitchinette, living room . Flat screen TVS, great staff. Great Bfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Fresh Coffe all Day!!!
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This Hampton is "ok", it's older and shows the wear. The carpets are worn, the bathrooms are not updated, their was mold around the bathtub fixtures and behind the sink faucets, see photos. It's extremely busy, as it's very near Hershey Park entry. Especially at the free breakfast. At 7:30am the line for breakfast wrapped around the entire lobby. Craziest thing I've ever seen staying at a Hampton. Having stayed at both Hamptons, I would opt for the one just off I-81 in Grantville. It's more modern, provided a table and chairs in the room, refrigerator and microwave, 42" flat screen TV, its less busy, 15 minutes from the park and $100 a night cheaper.

1  Thank Cleanhotels
Reviewed April 11, 2012

You get what you pay for!!! We have stayed at the Hampton Inn previously and thought it was pretty good value; however, this year was NOT good. Our room smelled of vomit, so we had to leave for a few hours (after driving with 3 children 7 and under for 3 hours to get there!) so they could treat the room. The following day we left at 10am to head to Hershey Park and returned at 5pm with 3 exhausted children, and the room had not yet been cleaned. We called Housekeeping who came sometime later replaced towels, soap, and vacuumed at our request. We did mention all of this to the hotel management who simply apologized that they were short staffed, really! Not a great answer. The Hampton Inn moto "If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our commitment & your guarantee." We did not ask for a break on the room, but nothing was even offered to us anyway!
I guess we will be looking for somewhere else to stay next year!

4  Thank evag15
Erin K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

We apologize for falling short on your stay here at the hotel. Our motto is a 100% satisfied and we would like to make this right for you. We appreciate all comments and use those comments to better our guest stay all the time. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have stayed here 5 times over the last 2 1/2 years, most recently on 03/27/12. I have always found it to be comfortable and the staff is always cheerful and helpful. The breakfast is adequate given what most hotel breakfasts offer. One complaint I had this last time was the condition of the floor in my room, which had obviously not been vacuumed in days. Clumps of hair on the carpet and leaves under the sink are just not acceptable. However, all other times I stayed her the rooms were clean.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the road as they are much quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank JPP58
Erin K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

We appreciate your repeat business and I do apologize for the unfortunate mess left behind. That is definately not normal for us and we take it very serious. Thank you again for letting us know about your stay and giving us the opportunity to correct it for future stays.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel must have one of the noisiest fridges ever made. Once I worked out (at 4am) how to turn down the fridge thermostat the comfortable bed soon worked wonders.
All the staff from front desk to cleaners were very friendly and polite. If staying thee for a while try the Hershey Pantry next door. They do great breakfast and evening meals (though no booze is sold)

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank TheBagCarrier

Thank you for letting us know about the refrigerator. Those are the kinds of things that we don't know until our guest tell us. I am glad our staff made you feel welcome. The Hershey Pantry is a great gem.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#2 of 25 in Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!