“Wow, what a great place, helpful staff, one of the best places I've stayed”
Review of Days Inn Hershey

Days Inn Hershey
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Wow, what a great place, helpful staff, one of the best places I've stayed”
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I travel quite often for business and this trip was with my family, I have to say the place was really clean and the staff was so helpful and seemed they couldn't do enough to make our stay a nice one. I would recommend this place to anyone. The pool was great for the kids and the the rooms were spotless, and the beds were like I was in my own at home. It is in a great location close to the Hershey park and they even supply free shuttle service to and from the park. Don't miss the chance to stay at a nice place.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
daysinnhershey, General Manager at Days Inn Hershey, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Thank you for your review, We appreciate your review of our property and look forward to serving you next time your in Hershey.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
North Carolina
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I bid this hotel on priceline for $50 and then found out on tripadvisor.com and bedbugregistry.com that there were many issues with bed bugs within the last couple of weeks. I called priceline customer service and they called the hotel and the Days Inn denied they ever had any bed bug problems. Needless to say, I did not get my money back, but it was only $50. That is the gamble that you take with priceline. I ended up booking a nicer hotel a little further out with out reports of bed bugs. Do you really want to take the chance for $50?!?

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IronmanNC
daysinnhershey, General Manager at Days Inn Hershey, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
IronmanNC : I would like to thank you for considering booking a reservation with us. However, your concerns were unwarranted as the hotel has been certified by two pest control vendors to confirm these issues do not exist here. If you would call me directly the next time you are visiting the area, I would be happy to give you a tour of the property.

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Sydney
Reviewed December 26, 2010

We were originally booked at the White Rose Motel but found out upon arrival that it was quite far out from the main Hershey area and there is no public transport in Hershey (we did not have a car) so the lovely people from the White Rose organised accommodation for us at the Days Inn and drove us there themselves. (No charge at all).

We checked in quickly and got our room (even though it was quite early in the day still). The motel has a little games room with video games and a few washing machines and dryers (which were very helpful as we were around half way through our trip by this point!)

They also have a tiny business centre behind there with a printer and computer with internet.

Days Inn offers free wireless and a hot breakfast with DIY waffles, which was great.

The rooms were large enough and clean. We did read some reviews of bed bugs but were pleased and relieved to report that we did not experience anything of the sort.

The Days Inn also has a free shuttle that will take you to Chocolate World/restaurants etc as well as the airport and pick you up again. It runs until 9:30pm

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 9, 2010

The manager Bob and his ASSistant (deb? she has been there 6 years and hasnt learned how to treat people) were rude and ignorant. we as a family stayed there a few times and this time was the worst of all. he is lucky he has a great location or else this hotel would not survive. you all need customer service classes when dealing with GUESTS, since they r ur livelyhood. check www.bedbugregisty.com and you will see 5 complaints at this time about bed bugs and nothing was ever done!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
10 Thank rujiules
NY
Reviewed December 2, 2010

The GM here (Robert) was rude during check-in, and tried to blame me, the guest, for a mistake that was later proven to have been made by the hotel staff. Mistakes happen, but rudeness towards a guest is never acceptable. A simple apology might have gone a long way.

Unfortunately, this set the tone for what was not a happy stay at this hotel.

During my stay, another guest in another room was bitten several times on the face by bedbugs. I personally witnessed the large red welts on his face. After becoming aware of this incident, I did some subsequent research online and found reports of at least three other bedbug incidents at this hotel in the past several months.

I will not be returning to this hotel, and would highly recommend that any visitors to Hershey look elsewhere. I wish I had.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rcrcr
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Bitten by bed bugs in room 405. From the number of bed bug reports at this hotel at bedbugregistry.com and here, it's clear this hotel has an ongoing bug problem in 2010. Front desk girl was apologetic but when pressed said that 'people bring them in'....which may be true, but they clearly think it's not their hotel, but it is. Will not ever stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank TourSoundGuy
daysinnhershey, General Manager at Days Inn Hershey, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Here at the Days Inn Hershey we take all claims of bed bugs seriously. We have a very aggressive plan to resolve this issue that is becoming an industry epidemic. We have an outside contractor treat our rooms on a regular basis and have found no evidence this problem exists at our hotel.
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I stayed here in November, just for an overnight while visiting family. It is very convenient to Hershey Park, Hershey Museum and all of the Hershey related attractions. Very convenient to Hershey theatre, only 2 or three blocks away - could have walked if it wasn't so cold. I could see some of the coasters from Hershey park from my room.

The pool and game room are tiny, but I did not use either, just observing from the outside. The beds were very comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The pillows were a little small, but I had at least five on my bed and was content. There was a mini fridge and microwave in my room along with a coffeemaker and iron/ironing board. It definately is a no thrills place. I would probably only stay here if I just needed a place to sleep. And I definately would not have paid the posted room rate of just over $200.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo