“STAY AWAY”

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
bedford, pa
“STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2006

I've never taken the time to write a review, but feel so strongly that people stay away from this hotel I went ahead. The walls are paper thin hearing every conversation on either side of our room. Every time a door would close it resounded throughout the entire hall. Like a previous poster wrote we were charged $200 and the room was nothing more than a $50 a night flophouse. The swimming pool is the size of a large hottub, standing room only. Nobody could find room to even take a lap.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
troy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2006

We were driving through Hershey and did not have any reservations. This days inn was the first hotel we saw so we decided to spend the night (it didnt look that bad). The staff rude the hotel was not well kept. We were trying to sleep but we couldnt because we were getting bit by bugs. My point is. . . if you havnt booked and are just playing by ear just KEEP DRIVING!!

• Liked — Checking Out
  • Disliked — Checking In
  • Tips/Secrets — Dont Stay Here
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lifeisart

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Douglassville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2006

What a joke! The hotel room is nothing more than a 69$ a night dump;they charged us $210 and we had a daughter in surgery @ Hershey medical center. Just the biggest rip off ever. Don't even think about it if you are used to cleanliness.(Think pet friendly)

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank BnBStrat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2006

I don't usually write these type of messages, but find all to often only bad messages are shared. While I respect everyone's individual opinions, I have to say this Days Inn far surpassed my expectations. We arrived from a very long flight from California and were greeted by very friendly front desk people and a very updated lobby and breakfast area. After arriving to our room, within a few minutes our phone rang and it was the front desk asking if everything was to our liking. WOW! That is customer service. I'm not sure how many rooms they have, but that still makes a good impression. Since they called, my husband asked for a few more towels and they were brought up with in a few minutes. The staff takes alot of pride in their hotel, it shows in their service. Thank you, we will be back.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2006

We stayed here to go to Hershey Park , The shuttle was nice and the place was clean and well kept. A nice breakfast in the morning and a nice pool. All the staff was very nice.I would recommend this place to anyone.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2006

I got reservations a month in advance and quoted 109 a nite. Then when I got there, they had a car show in town and raised the price double! I complained and showed my conformation # and Bob-MANAGER told me with out a faxed or emailed proof of 109, there was nothing he could. I would never stay here again. Pool was unuauable because of too much chlorine and the elevators smelled bad. Rooms have mold too. Don't go by looks of the outside or promises made on the phone. Run from this place!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2006

We stayed one night at the Days Inn. Looks nice from the outside, but it is dirty on the inside. The room smelled awful. At 10:45pm I called the front desk to ask if they would do something about the kids running up and down the halls and slamming the doors. We had to turn the fan on high to ward off some of the noise. When we left the next morning the elevator was trashed, paper everywhere as were the halls. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone that likes cleaniness and quiet.

5 Thank caps47