“Great choice”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Illinois
“Great choice”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. I have stayed at hotel Hershey and Hershey lodge on past visits, but found it to be way overpriced. I really liked this hotel and it will be the one we go back to from now on. Front desk was super friendly, rooms were clean, the beds were very comfy, free shuttle to park, walking distance to some places to eat, and couldn't beat the price!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank chaniqua
daysinnhershey, General Manager at Days Inn Hershey, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thanks for staying with us on your recent visit. we look forward to accomodating you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

I am glad I booked our stay here! Our room was clean, the free Shuttle was a blessing, and the pool kept my son from bouncing off the walls at night. We were all impressed with the complimentary breakfast bar - the fresh Belgium
Waffles stole the show!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank LauraPapp
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay and look forward to seeing you on your next trip thru Hershey.
US
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We wanted to spend one night in Hershey PA on our return trip from Niagara Falls, ON and we chose the Days Inn on Chocolate Ave. We were very pleased with our choice! We found it to be an "older" property, but one that had been taken exceptional care of. The property is attractive, the staff helpful, the rooms small but comfortable and clean. Within walking distance of several downtown restaurants. Unless staying at The Hershey Hotel at $500 a night is a must; you may want to consider this comfortable jewel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank URnotfromhereRU
daysinnhershey, General Manager at Days Inn Hershey, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
We appreciate your comments and hope we can accomodate you on your next trip to Hershey.
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I called about a change in a date I wanted to stay. Needless to say I got my Credit card charged and I didnt stay there. I wanted to change to August contacted the hotel they were very unproffessional. I was willing to pay the difference still got a no refund ah oh well sort of response. I own my own business. I would never treat a customer like this for any reason after all they keep you in business. You show them respect and they come back very simple. They obviously didn't care. Long story short I was charged 75 and they probably rented the room anyway. So they got double the money. i booked with another hotel and gave them my 600 dollars and sorry glad to do it because they were friendly and made sure I was satisfied. Will never book this hotel and after reading about bed bug issues they have had I am glad I didnt go here.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank breen23
Im sorry to hear about your opinion on our property, keep in mind you provided your confirmation which reaffirmed the non cancelable non changeable status of the rate plan you booked thru Booking.com. It is always best to book direct and choose a rate plan that has the appropriate cancelation policy to best fit your needs.

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Great value and clean. Very convenient to the Hershey attractions. The front desk staff were a little...direct I guess. Just not as friendly as I would have liked. This is an older hotel but it has been very well maintained. It worked for our one-night stay.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank 2wendy2fly
daysinnhershey, General Manager at Days Inn Hershey, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs while visting Hershey. Hope to see you on your next trip thru town.
Carbondale, PA
Reviewed May 13, 2012

On April 11, 2012 I called this Hotel becasue my Daughter is having many Doctor appointments at Hershey. From my first contact with this Hotel Staff I knew that it was going to be a great hotel. We checked in the Front Desk staff was fantastic. I ran a Holiday INN for 8 years so I do look at everything from A to Z. I would be proud to have any of the staff members work for me. Our room was so clean it was like the room was just built and we were the first to use the room. The pool is open till 11:00 PM that is fantastic becasue my Daughter loves to swim, this actually made us relax more that she was able to enjoy herself. The morning breakfast is something I have nver seen. Clean and always full. juices,milks, pancakes, eggs, waffles, cereal, muffins, you name it, and I think it was there. In the middle of the night my daughter woke up, and she needed some milk I went down stair and asked if there was a 24 hr store where I could buy milk she said no wait, and she opened the milk machine and filled her cup. That to me is something that is OVER AND BEYOND , would like to personally thank each and every team member of the Days INN at Hershey my sincere and heartful thank you from my Wife, Daughter, and I.
This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in many years the owner, management, and team members know what the meaning of Customer Service, clean, ad friendly actually mean.
My hat off to your Hotel I would reccommend this hotel to ANYONE!!
Mr. & Mrs. John DeAntonio
Carbondale, PA 18407
[--]

Room Tip: At this hotel I cannot believe that any room you have is great. Just ask the Front Desk staff and I...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank johnrosie2006
daysinnhershey, General Manager at Days Inn Hershey, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for your terrific comments, We understand our guests have lots of choices for your lodging while visting Hershey and we are glad you stayed with us. We truly appreciate your business. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Hershey.
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

What more can you ask for other than a neat, clean and comfortable place to sleep? The breakfast was more diverse than expected too. Nice little place in a cute town full of chocolate

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Allytommy
daysinnhershey, General Manager at Days Inn Hershey, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and we appreciate you taking time to rate us.