“Wonderful stay”
Review of The Hotel Hershey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our three children(5,3 and 1) for Mother's Day weekend. We stayed in a suite ( king sized bed in one room with adjoining room with sleeper sofa) the entire family had a wonderful time. The room was very nicely appointed. The children loved the property...they have a playground, firepit, gardens, arcade games, bingo, lots of chocolate and of course across the street from the park. They even have a crib for the baby which really helped with her naps and overnight sleeping. I thought the property was beautiful and the service was wonderful. We will definitely return, hopefully this summer to enjoy the pool area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,246)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Hotel Hershey is top notch! We were pleasantly greeted as soon as we walked up to the entrance by the doorman. Molly at the registration desk was so sweet and helpful. I told her that we were there for my daughter's 16th birthday celebration and when we went arrived at our room later that evening, Molly had left a Giant Hershey Kiss for my daughter and a handwritten birthday note. Our room was beautiful, and our girl's enjoyed the spa robes in our closets. We loved using the shuttle to get back and forth to Hershey Park, it was so convenient. The only disappointment was the indoor pool was closed for renovations, but it is scheduled to reopen the end of May 2014. Our breakfast buffet was delicious, the fruit was really good and the Belgium waffles were yummy, they even had a Hershey Kiss embossed on the top. My omelet was out of this world, I really enjoyed it. The shops were great, with a nice product variety and goodies to eat as well. The hotel did a good job of planning activities throughout the day! It was definitely a treat, so relaxing and elegant!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Debbie416,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to The Hotel Hershey for your daughter's 16th birthday.

Our indoor pool is scheduled to reopen shortly, as is the outdoor pool complex. I hope that you and your family are able to join us again to experience these amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Booked two rooms for two nights in Over Mothers Day weekend 2014. I booked on line, then closer to the date called to specify one room needed to be ADA compliant. The reservation assistant was very helpful and also said she would try to get both rooms on the same floor. This is a great destination hotel. If you have a needy senior citizen as one of your guests as I did, all the staff made this stay a genuine pleasure for all of us. My senior citizen refuses to take here wheelchair when we travel, so as soon as we got there, this is what we needed & were greeted with a smile with the chair as soon as we got out of our vehicle. Every staff member was kind and genuinely nice, they all seemed happy to help make our stay comfortable. Awesome to have 24/7 technical support for in house internet. When the whole herd of us approached the elevator with our shopping bags, one of the Hotel staff who was walking past, stopped and pushed the elevator button for us! How nice! Really after traveling a lot you can tell when people are nice when they HAVE to be nice or when they are sincere about it. The food in Circular was terrific. The food at Harvest was ok, a bit pricey for us. Went to the Gardens, very large and you can take a wheelchair, but it was a bit much for our senior so we just stayed close to the front of the gardens. The valet parking was great and staff drove us to the Harvest restaurant in the Hotel shuttle because do mobility issues even though you can walk from the main Hotel. This is not a place where I would take kids, not much for them to do, but the main pool is under renovation , so might be ok then, plus expensive food no free continental. We had a 7 in our party, two under 22 years. The " youngsters" loved the place and we all hing out by the fireplace Sunday evening. We did not use the Spa, especially for Mothers Day weekend-you have to book about a year in advance.

Room Tip: This place is in the middle of nowhere no I don't think noise is a problem. They give tours of...
1  Thank 101Maryt101
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel itself and the rooms are lovely. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. However, I am very surprised how mediocre the food is. My breakfast was advertised as tomato and spinach quiche with local ham and Swiss cheese. It ended up being pre-made quiche with chipped ham and a slice of cheese melted on top of the quiche. It was awful! Dinner was our celebration for my mother in laws birthday. Most of us ordered steak and even though it was cooked as ordered (medium, medium rare) the steaks were still very dry. I'm not sure how you can cook a steak the right way but still suck all of the moisture out of it. Anyway, my review of the hotel itself is good. I was just disappointed by the food.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Nkersavage,

Thank you for your recent review of The Hotel Hershey. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and the service of our staff. I am sorry to hear that your meals in our restaurants did not meet your expectations.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I love this place so much, I didn't wait to leave before I wrote my review. I'm sitting in my lovely room, in the comfy wing chair, using the free basic wifi.

My daughter and I are in Hershey, PA for a cheer competition. I had booked a room at a Marriott property that boasted that it was brand new. That was true but what the description failed to mention that it was the middle of the sketchiest neighborhood ever. My daughter and I checked in and as soon as we were done, we were approached by an incoherent man who kept apologizing and asking about a room key. We went up stairs, dropped out stuff off and headed for dinner. The aforementioned gentleman was waiting for us in the lobby and followed us to our car. While waiting in our car for him to buzz off, I called the Hotel Hershey to inquire about availability and was told they did have rooms open. When the weirdo left, I went into the lobby to complain and was told "oh yeah, he's been hanging around for days."Really???? So, I told them we would be checking out and could they refund the cost of the room. They thought I was nuts, BUT... as I was asking, the weirdo came in and started talking to me about going to "the bar" for a drink... The hotel has no bar and I had no idea what he was talking about but he proved my point and the clerk had no choice to refund my money.
My daughter and I head to the Hotel Hersey and as we drive in, it was like going to a whole new world. Old world elegance at it's finest. The girl at the desk gave us a great room, and she couldn't have been any nicer, the bell man took our luggage upstairs and we went and had a wonderful dinner in the elegant circular room. We both had salads, I had crab cakes, my daughter had a cheese burger. All excellent. We had a waitress in training who did a great job and I couldn't tell she was in training at all. We walked around the grounds after dinner which were beautiful. Our room is lovely and comfortable. This place is pricey but worth every cent. We will be back with our family - I am looking forward to it.

Room Tip: The indoor fountain room has music but rooms hear here aren't too noisy.

Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Hotel Hershey. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you after your unpleasant experience at a nearby hotel.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and hope to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My first stay was back in 1969 as a family vacation! We continue to have wonderful stays. Truly a well run Hotel. No reason to look anywhere else when coming to Hershey. Everything is done right. Come once- you"ll be back.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I attended a business conference here. Great setup and EXCELLENT food! The agent who took my room reservation made a mistake but they went above and beyond to make it right. I would highly recommend it as a conference/convention location, and would also go back for a nice vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business