“Quite possibly the best service I've ever had in a hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hotel Hershey

and 1 more site!
The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
“Quite possibly the best service I've ever had in a hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was my first visit to the Hotel Hershey and it lived up to its reputation. Though expensive, the service was first rate, the hotel is beautiful and well-kept (especially considering its age), and the food is excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear freakinangels:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Hotel Hershey. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I just returned from a three-day conference at The Hotel Hershey. The conference was great -- but the hotel was even better.
My room was spotless, with comfortable bedding and a fine array of spa-quality soaps/lotions in the bath. (Even the soap smells like chocolate, but if you're not a fan, the herbal-mint shower gel makes a nice change.) Turn-down service was makes guests feel pampered.
I wish I'd had time to spend in the spa -- a friend had high praise for the massage, and those who used the fitness center were well pleased. Although the botanical gardens were closed, a late-night walk was refreshing, and there are three nature trails available to guests. On-site shopping, naturally, has a chocolate theme. The several on-site restaurants offered excellent meals, and desserts to die for.
Be aware that the "Hershey's experience" faux factory tour is not Disney-quality. But if you have kids, the hotel is just down the road from the Hershey amusement park and a minor-league sports complex. If it's an adults-only visit, there's a well-known brew-pub right down the road.
In short, this is a destination hotel, with more than enough to keep anyone happy/busy for a weekend. If you have a chance to attend an event here, do it!

Green Features: Standard practices -- changing sheets and towels only upon request.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Queque:

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Hotel Hershey.

I am glad that you enjoyed the time you spent at the Hotel during your conference. I hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again when future travels bring you to Hershey.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was a last minute decision to stay at the Hershey Hotel. My husband and I wanted to get away overnight and decided on the Hershey Hotel. It's only a little over an hour away from our home, but we wanted to visit the casino and do a little shopping at the Tanger Outlets. The hotel is in a perfect location to do just that. From the moment we entered the front door, our stay was perfect. The rooms are beautiful, clean and well maintained. They give you Hershey bars at check-in, which is a nice touch. The towels are fluffy and they also provide toiletries from the Spa, which smell fantastic. They have a turndown service, where they provide Hershey Kisses and a breakfast menu, as well.

The Hershey area had several events going on, so we decided to stay at the hotel for dinner. They offer three restaurants, and since we didn't want to get dressed up for dinner, we decided to eat at Harvest, which offers a nice variety of food, and has a pub atmosphere. The food was phenomenal, as well as the service, and we were there for happy hour, which was a nice bonus. We were surprised at the price of our meal, it was very reasonable. Actually, most places within the hotel were reasonable, including the Sweet Shop, where we had bagels and coffee the next morning for breakfast. Don't pass up one of their specialty cupcakes, they're worth the extra time on the treadmill.

We are definitely planning on returning this summer, so we can enjoy some of the outdoor activities, as well as the spa, which offers a variety of treatments for both men and women. It is definitely worth a little extra money to stay at this wonderful hotel. You won't be disappointed.

Green Features: The hotel provides a separate bag on the garbage can for aluminum and plastic recycling.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caribbeantraveler91
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear caribbeantraveler91,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Hotel Hershey.

I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our many amenities and that you enjoyed your dinner at Harvest.

We hope to welcome you back this summer so that you can experience our outdoor activities as well.
Macungie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We just returned from a one-night stay at Hotel Hershey to celebrate my husband's birthday. What a wonderful hotel, the staff is awesome and our room was beautiful. We really enjoyed it and we are planning a return trip with our family this summer so we can enjoy the park and see the the beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor which had a beautiful view of Hershey Park.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Want a relaxing, most amazing getaway ever!!! Get yourself/family/husband/friends all of them to The Hotel Hershey. You'll never want to leave. This Hotel is for all SEASONS not just when park is open. Check out Christmas, Chocolate Cover February, Spring Summer Fall. The Place is just amazing. When there, be sure to check out the Woodside Cottages and Spa and be ready to book them for your next visit. The Hotel is so clean, the staff is unreal. If booking an event be sure to reach out to Heather Hoffman, she'll make your event TOP NOTCH. This place runs on the most experienced management there is, Mr. Brian O'Day is on his game.

Room Tip: facing back of Hotel to see Gardens and Woodside Cottages. BUT really anywhere
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay for one night as part of the overnight SPA package that included $200 credit towards SPA. I stayed in the SPA Wing of the Hotel and room very nicely appointed, but bathroom small (and I traveled solo), and not much drawer space. I would say the room was average for the room rate. I did order Room Service for dinner and while the Service was excellent, my meal was just average...I got the Salmon dish and started with "Jumbo" Shrimp Cocktail, but these were not Jumbo, more small-medium sized and had very little flavor. I was a little disappointed. I had breakfast the next morning in the Circular Restaurant and again Service excellent, food average to good. The highlight of my trip was my all day visit to the SPA!! The SPA brings up my above rating to "Very Good", as without it, I would have only rated the Hotel as "Average" overall. SPA staff and Therapists excellent, Services themselves excellent, ambiance and layout/size of SPA absolutely amazing, and the SPA Lunch was delicious!! Plus, there is complimentary chocolate treats, hot cocoa, tea, muffins, etc. everywhere around the SPA.

Room Tip: Obviously SPA Wing convenient for SPAgoers...I was able to wear my SPA Robe comfortably between my r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephanie I
Bangor, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I spent 24 hours of bliss for a girls weekend getaway. We spent the afternoon in the spa with various treatments that all 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed. Staff was very nice and accommodating. There are quiet areas to retreat to between your treatments. Very relaxing. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the hotel and each meal was divine. Rooms are elegant and room temps were perfect. Though we were there as a getaway, we also saw couples and families. I would like to come back in the summer when I can see more of the grounds.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends