“Great Getaway!”
Review of The Hotel Hershey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington, New Jersey
“Great Getaway!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay for one night as part of the overnight SPA package that included $200 credit towards SPA. I stayed in the SPA Wing of the Hotel and room very nicely appointed, but bathroom small (and I traveled solo), and not much drawer space. I would say the room was average for the room rate. I did order Room Service for dinner and while the Service was excellent, my meal was just average...I got the Salmon dish and started with "Jumbo" Shrimp Cocktail, but these were not Jumbo, more small-medium sized and had very little flavor. I was a little disappointed. I had breakfast the next morning in the Circular Restaurant and again Service excellent, food average to good. The highlight of my trip was my all day visit to the SPA!! The SPA brings up my above rating to "Very Good", as without it, I would have only rated the Hotel as "Average" overall. SPA staff and Therapists excellent, Services themselves excellent, ambiance and layout/size of SPA absolutely amazing, and the SPA Lunch was delicious!! Plus, there is complimentary chocolate treats, hot cocoa, tea, muffins, etc. everywhere around the SPA.

Room Tip: Obviously SPA Wing convenient for SPAgoers...I was able to wear my SPA Robe comfortably between my r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephanie I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I spent 24 hours of bliss for a girls weekend getaway. We spent the afternoon in the spa with various treatments that all 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed. Staff was very nice and accommodating. There are quiet areas to retreat to between your treatments. Very relaxing. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the hotel and each meal was divine. Rooms are elegant and room temps were perfect. Though we were there as a getaway, we also saw couples and families. I would like to come back in the summer when I can see more of the grounds.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Absolutely the best money I have ever spent on a hotel stay of any kind. It may be a pit pricier than some other options but it absolutely money well spent! The breakfast buffet was divine, the staff were so incredible it was almost inhuman! The staff even remembered our names! Though if you're diabetic it may be worth avoiding Hershey altogether :P absolutely worth every penny spent!

Room Tip: Our 4th floor King Suite was massive, quiet, the precise temperature we wanted it (it cooled/warmed...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alex S
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Alex S,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at The Hotel Hershey. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Hershey.
NJ
Reviewed February 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Beautiful hotel, we stayed in the Catherine Hershey Suite. It was large enough for two families with two smallish kids each. Food and service was very good. Elegant without being portentous. Get to breakfast early or you could be waiting awhile!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ince
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was very nice and has an elegant feel to it. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very accommodating. However, the bed sheets had holes and the coffee maker had mold, definitely not something I expected here. The concierge did not seem to be around whenever I needed them and request that I made were not fulfilled as promised. Worth the money? No, not exactly. Not a hotel I would bring my whole family too. I will definitely be back to Hershey but probably not at this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tjrj33
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Tjrj33,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay at The Hotel Hershey. We appreciate all feedback that we receive from our guests.

Please accept my personal apologies for the disappointments you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that we take great pride in providing our guests with an exceptional experience. In this case, however, we regret that we did not meet your or our expectations.

We hope that when your travels bring you back to Hershey, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We spent one night at the Hotel Hershey and it was beautiful!!!! The rooms were beautiful the staff was excellent!!!! The Iberian lounge was perfect to sit by the fire and have a glass of champagne and dinner in trevi5 was perfect. We loved our cocktail waitress Jessica in the lounge. She was very informative about the history of the beautiful fresco on the wall and all about Milton Hershey. Brett the manager if Trevi 5 was also wonderful and made us feel so welcome with 5 star service! The beds were like giant clouds and the bathrooms were beautiful ! We stayed in the main hotel and will try the cottages in warmer weather. The breakfast was beautiful in the Circular dining room and again Brett greeted us along with other fabulous staff members.
We went to chocolate world and made our own candy bars and took the tour. Don't do the 4dmovie it was not entertaining. We can't wait to come back with family and friends!! Thank you Hershey it was the best Valentines Day !!!!

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank traveledout444
Dear traveledout444,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit to The Hotel Hershey. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Jessica, Brett, and all of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Every single employee treats you like royalty from the moment they assist you from your car to the moment they aid you in loading your vehicle. Everything from the chocolate bar upon arrival and Kisses left on your bed - to the chocolate treatments at the Spa! It is totally worth every penny!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Marisa G
Dear Marisa G,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Hotel Hershey. I will pass on your kind words to our employees.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.