“Great Hotel for Families”
Review of The Hotel Hershey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
Olathe, Kansas
“Great Hotel for Families”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Hotel Hershey is probably the nicest hotel that the Hershey Chocolate Company can own. Right as you walk through the doors it seems like you're walking into a high class hotel. The staff is extremely friendly. It's a pretty good sized hotel with villas that are just a few hundred yards away from the hotel to the north. There's a chocolate spa, two pools, and quite a few other things for everyone in the whole family. The rooms are nice no matter what you choose to stay in. The hotel was recently renovated in the past five or so years. The hotel is only a short drive down the hill to Downtown Hershey and HersheyPark.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Chocolate everywhere: 2 bars at check-in, bowls of snack size bars throughout the hotel, 4 Hershey kisses left with the turn-down service -- who doesn't love that?

Candidly, the upstairs lobby area is strange. Blue sky motif painted on the ceiling with lots of white puffy clouds (and plaster repairs) and a tile floor resembling a cobble stone courtyard. But the area was large and bright.

The bar had a great fireplace on the back wall. When I was there, it only had 2 wingback chairs in front of it. Definitely could have been a place to score some quiet time with someone special.

I saw the main restaurant at about 8pm. I did not have dinner there, but the food looked good -- my friend's steak made my stomach growl -- and the place had a swanky ambiance.

My room was on the 2nd floor at the end of the hall. I love quiet rooms far away from the elevator! It was small -- as in NYC small -- but comfortable and clean. The bathroom was very tight. I could have used the toilet and brushed my teeth at the same time. Because the sink had little counter space, I kept my open shaving kit on the bed as I got dressed in the morning. I was glad I was traveling alone.

(Full disclosure: someone else booked my room for me. I have no idea what the room options were, the types, the rates, etc. I may have been in the smallest and least expensive room in the hotel.)

Service was great, from porters/valets to the front desk crew to the housekeeping folks I saw throughout the hotel. Everyone smiled and asked if I needed anything.

It was a nice hotel, but not amazing, which is what I had expected simply by the way people talk about it. (And for comparison, I would say the same thing about Nemacolin Woodlands and Bedford Springs, which also get 5-star reviews.) I liked the Hershey Lodge better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank David D
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The moment you walk through the door (as it's held open for you), you will be blown away by the beauty of your surroundings and the high level of customer service. I can't even really find a name for it because they treat everyone like royalty. All the little touches in the room are amazing and the many activities they have for families and couples. You must eat at the circular for breakfast....yum. The Iberian Lounge is a lovely, relaxing place to share a glass of wine in front of the fireplace. Make an appointment at the spa....it's like no other. Once you stay here, nothing else will even come close.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

First stay...phenomenal, special, sweet, beautiful, gorgeous, awesome staff and services, large rooms, huge property. You need to not think twice - call and book a room stay today! It is so extra special. I went for a girls getaway weekend! We did spa scrub treatments and the Oasis Lunch! We DID NOT want to leave. Every guest service associate loves what they do and they treat you very, very kindly. Felt so special and incredibly pampered. The property is huge and despite it being snow covered - it still portrayed itself elegantly!

Room Tip: BOOK early for both rooms and spa services...they book up fast for weekends. Do their "I Live...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear TravelPhanatic,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit to The Hotel Hershey. I am glad that you enjoyed your girls getaway weekend at the Spa. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We hope to have the opportuntiy to welcome you back on your next visit to Hershey.
Bethany Beach, Delaware
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had another great stay at the Hotel Hershey. As usual the staff was very helpful. The valet service is definitely the best from any hotel that I ever stayed. Being the off season, the crowds were down. My only disappointment was that the pool was closed for renovations. Although they allowed guests to use the pool at the Hershey Lodge, the hours allowed were not great.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Ed D,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Hotel Hershey. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I do apologize for the inconvenience of the indoor pool closure.

The renovations to the pool are scheduled to be completed by Memorial Day, along with the opening of our new fitness center. I hope that you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to show you all that we have to offer.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My first stay at the Hotel hershey was absolutely amazing. I have never in my life stayed at a hotel of this class and caliber. I will settle for nothing less now. The staff are amazing and they all made me feel as if I was the

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel is amazing.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Deirdre M
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Deirdre M,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel Hershey and that you were pleased with the service that ouf staff provided.

I look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.
Corning, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Hershey is a fun place to visit. If one wants to stay at an exceptional hotel during a visit, the Hershey Hotel can fill this requirement.

Nice but not exceptional rooms are combined with excellent hotel favorites, frequent and more than interesting events often on the grounds. and very close proximity to Hershey Park. For younger families, the Hershey Lodge is a great choice. For couples, the Hershey Hotel might well be your place of choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bills2018
Dear GoBills2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Hotel Hershey.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.