“Elegance at it's BEST”
Review of The Hotel Hershey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Elegance at it's BEST”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hotel Hershey is an Exquisite Sophisticated Historic Hotel. That sums it up in a nutshell!! My fiancé and I enjoy our stay very much. I would highly recommended staying a this wonderful establishment.

Room Tip: Room 410 has a great view of the town of Hersey.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went to the Hotel Hershey for a quick after Christmas 2 day getaway. We got the bed and breakfast package which included a room with 2 queen beds and breakfast buffet each morning. The room was a nice size, bed and linens extremely comfortable, and bathtub/shower combination. You must remember that this is a traditional hotel and has a lot of charm to it. We received one of their larger queen rooms but I know some are much smaller. Decor is done is an old provincial way (so if you are looking for ultra modern, this is not the place for you). Overall, room was very nice, room service excellent. The breakfast buffet was amazing!!!!. My husband said the oatmeal was the best he had ever eaten in his life. I tried everything. Waffles were great, pancakes ehh. They had everything from omelette and crepe stations to bagels, croissants, danishes, cereal, etc. Loved it. This is the most expensive hotel in Hershey but it is so luxurious and romantic we are thinking of going back for our anniversary in March.

denver,pa.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I went to the hotel Hershey on ny eve for dinner; we have been there many times before the changes occurred;needless to say we were very disappointed;having gone to the 7 stars the last 5 years, we thought a change was needed; well the biggest disappointment were no white table cloths; instead plastic bamboo mats; this is FINE DINING; we called twice well in advance to get a table for 3 for my son; we were told no twice about a table for 3; when we arrived and left our table was for 4 and many other tables were unoccupied seating 4 also; the service was not good; we had to ask for water, lemon and no ice served; service not too friendly ; also no more chocolate bread served at Hershey; we asked the maitre de and he finally after 20 minutes got us some; I guess we will be back at 7 stars next year; yes, we were still hungry, but with so- called fine dining you usually are; we certainly do miss the old and original hotel Hershey dining , but even great things come to an end;

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I was at spa for massage with a girlfriend. Spa check in was ok but not very friendly or accommodating. I had asked if while at spa my iphone could be charged and they said no. Yet later inside the locker room an attendant said absolutely and took care of it. The spa is below average. There are two showers per locker rooms and no therapy showers or relaxation whirlpool of wet room. The so called relaxation rooms dont hv enough comfy lounges instead hv couches. Also the sauna vroom is tiny. Not a typical relaxing spa. My massage was average. More rubbing and i had to ask for additional pressure twice. I was not impressed with vocoa massage. Not what I expected. Oh and Also there were only two hair dryers in locker room. Just a small low amenity spa.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Colliguay3
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I booked a weekend getaway with my family. We started out booking one night in one hotel and one night at Hershey Hotel. We had gone down for the holiday lights. We checked in to the first hotel and then drove to the Hershey Hotel for our tickets to the lights. We were a day early. Mike (a manager at Hershey Hotel) asked why we were not staying both nights there. We told him we tried to change our reservations but we were told they were booked solid. With a little shuffling around, Mike was able to get us into one of the cottages (an upgrade) dropped the rate a little bit and then gave us our money back we spent on the first hotel. Which was only $61. Mike was a great saleman for the company. While I spent a little more money, the mini vacation my family had was extremely awesome! One night while enjoying the pool at the hotel, I watched the life guard doing her job. Yes, they have a life guard on duty at this establishment. She was extremely attentive as to watching the little kids. Even with the parents right there. I felt if anything was going to happen she would have jump right in that pool at a moments notice to do her job. When young kids went in the hot tub she was right there showing and informing the guest of the rules. No young children in the hot tub under the age of 14 under 5 feet tall. Everyone on the wait staff was there to help make suggestions at meals and always wanting to make sure everything was up to satisfaction. The cottages are probably the best place I have spent time. My family is looking foward to making Hershey Hotel a yearly vacation. I am a long time visitor to the park and now I am looking to be a long time visitor to the Hotel. We did stay at the Hershey Lodge once about 12 years ago. I remember that as an enjoyable experience. But, nothing will top our stay at the Hotel. Thank you Mike and staff for a memorable ending to 2013. Happy New Year to all of the staff at this wonderful resort! P.S. plenty of Hershey Kisses to go around. Bowls of them everywhere!

Room Tip: First time here. The cottages are awesome!
Green Features: A very friendly enviroment for families with kids. They had plenty of activities for kids in the hotel. One night in a room above the Cirrcular they played Bingo. For what else but....Hershey Bars.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is not a reflection of the property as a whole just our experience at the Circular this afternoon.
Our group of ladies (class of 1965) gathers a few times a year for breakfast or lunch. We all thought this place would be a bit of a treat for the holidays.
So very disappointed. The service was poor..not even sure which waitress or waiter was ours.
Salad bar was not supplied with enough to make a decent salad and the food on the hot buffet was dry and cold. This was so sad for me as a resident of Hershey I promoted this choice for our gathering. It was clearly a lack of trained staff and an attitude of indifference.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank carolyns1180
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We attended the Christmas with DIckens Tea at Hotel Hershey this holiday season and it was a great event. The seating was in the Fountain Room - not crowded - we sat on a settee and were served our tea. At first we wondered if not sitting at a table might be a problem. It was actually an advantage because after tea during the performance we were able to cozy up and enjoy as if we were in our own living room. Highly recommend the Hotel Hershey's Christmas with Dickens.