The Hotel Hershey
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hershey
See available hotels
  • Pool
2,270 results
All reviewsthe circular dining roomthe cottagesiberian loungespa experiencebeautiful hotelspa servicesthe main hotelchocolate bingoturn down servicehershey gardensoutdoor poolamusement parkquiet roomluxury hotelwater slideschocolate worldfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel itself and the grounds are really beautiful. We didn't use any of the facilities, and there are a lot, so can't really comment on them. We stayed 2 nights with our 3 year old and 6 month old.

We had this weird experience that made it really hard for me to rate this property. Didn't know if this would be a 3 and 4 and kept changing my mind--I gave it a 4, because I feel that my experience was an anomaly. One of our beds felt like it had sand in it, but by the time we noticed during our first night, the baby was already sleeping so we were reluctant to have housekeeping change it. Instead we opted to have them bring us new sheets, so we put them on top of the bed. The next night, we had the same problem and we realized because of the green initiative, they didn't just change the whole bed on the second night. They really should have had better communication and knew to completely change that bed after they had a problem in the first place. That night, housekeeping came in very quietly, and did a great job changing that bed (wish I knew that woman's name to give her credit). Their response was very quick, and there was ok compensation, but maybe not at the level there should have been. We also found candy under the bed (other bed) that was from a previous person.

Aside from all that fiasco, the hotel, and room were actually very clean! I felt I had to tell the story, but I would stay there again--I feel like I had a weird, probably very rare experience.

Room was adequate, beds were decent (not great), staff was very friendly, the grounds/activities look really amazing and the food was excellent.

At breakfast, the first night, I felt like I was in an IHOP and one of the omelet makers was slow and they weren't good (the other one did a good job), and they were slow to refill the trays.
The second night, we had much better service and a great omelet station girl! So for breakfast, food is really good, but service might be spotty?
This is a review of the hotel, but since these restaurants are part of the hotel, figured it was ok to mention. Harvest was just outstanding. Our server, Brook was exceptional, and the food was just super good.

Because of fast response to our issue, beautiful hotel with lots of activities, great food, convenient shuttle, and good in-room spa products, I give this a 4. My older daughter really like it there.

Cons were beds were decent, but not like a Westin.

I would recommend staying here with a family, large group, or just couples. Check out AAA discount on room rate.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank adambr14
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Everything was wonderful - cottages, staff, food (we ate at the Circular), the spa. We had complementary tickets to the amusement park across the street and had a great time there as well. The service could not have been better. Stay here if you are in the Hershey area - don't bother to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: we had a cottage - just next to the hotel - quiet and private - had a fireplace in the room, large bathroom with a tv and a soaker tub, comfy king bed. One night we had deer outside our back door!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank helen c
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Hotel hershey has been a regular for spring visits over the past 5-10 years...they never fail to satisfy in the service, cleanliness and comfort for an end of winter quick getaway. It also serves as a pretty nice meeting place to take care of matters of my profession, The meeting facilities are adequate and well serviced by the dining and cleaning staffs. I would highly recommend this resort for any group planning annual events as a 'return to place' year after year. It is also perfect for combining business and pleasure because you can bring your family and they can enjoy the meeting as much...or more!...than you do. it was also convenient to reserve a room for August when we will be returning to attend a concert in their summer series.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank drsteve76
Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you are planning a trip to the Hershey area I would recommend staying at The Hotel Hershey. They are a welcoming full service oriented hotel. The service is impeccable and you will not be disappointed. I recommend it for both personal travel and if you have a business function that you would like to hold.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

In desperate need of a getaway weekend, the Hotel Hershey did not disappoint. Checking in on a Friday afternoon, we discovered a large convention was taking place at the Hotel, but other than some exhibits set up around the fountain terrace, we didn't even notice that the hotel was likely filled to capacity. Of course, the chocolate bars at check-in, and Kisses with turn down service are nice Hershey touches, but the hotel didn't let that get in the way of a first class experience. The rooms were well appointed -- a smaller bathroom, but consistent with a historic hotel. A good night's sleep was easy on the comfortable beds.

We ate two meals at Harvest, the restaurant on property that markets itself as 'farm to fork'. I don't know if a hard-core locavore would have been entirely satisfied (they say that at least one ingredient from each dish is local-sourced), but both lunch and dinner were very good. Fresh, seasonal menu choices combined with a very attentive wait staff.

We ordered one meal from room service, which met our expectations. Nothing particular to note, other than the food arrived quickly, still hot, and tasted good.

One drawback was our failed attempt at dining at the newly reopened Circular Dining room for Sunday brunch. Having not made a reservation beforehand, we were told they were all booked. I encourage travelers to make those reservations at check-in (if not sooner) if that's where you'd like to eat.

Overall. this is a great classic hotel property, where attention to detail still matters. It was exactly the restful break we needed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple