“Nice place bad food”
Review of The Hotel Hershey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We recently spent a weekend in Hershey with family. The hotel is great- well maintained, very attractive and family friendly. The staff is friendly. The food isn't anything special and the food service is pretty bad. Our waitresses were confused with the menus and the orders. I would go back but would eat off property.

1  Thank atravelergal
There are newer reviews for The Hotel Hershey

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a wonderful three night stay at the Hotel Hershey. The rooms are so clean that even I could not find any fault with them. They are actually large rooms, compared to others. The service was quite good. It's hard getting ahold of the concierge, and one woman in the gift shop was not very friendly (not rude, just cold -- but hey, we all have days when we don't want to smile, right?) I didn't use the spa at all. It stresses me out too much to try to relax, so I avoided it. The room service was prompt, but the avocado on their spinach salad literally tasted like plastic. The martinis you get in any of their restaurants are mind-blowingly glorious. The indoor swimming pool left much to be desired. I really think it could use an upgrade considering the prices they charge for rooms. I realize the big draw for the hotel is the outdoor pool with waterslides, but that is closed for much of the year, so I would think that they might make the indoor pool area nicer.

But other than those really nit-picky things, I absolutely loved it and will be back again.

2  Thank Karitraveling
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Yes, I was mostly there for Hersheypark. I can't help it, I'm a rollercoaster junkie (Skyrush, Fahrenheit and Great Bear come highly recommended.... particularly Skyrush).

But I am also picky with hotels. And usually, amusement parks attract hotels principally intended for the family demographic, which means lacklustre accomodation.

The Hotel Hershey proves you CAN have a very good hotel near an amusement park. And thanks for doing it!

Now, the rooms are small and the hotel is very "historic" (i.e. old), so the facilities are not bleeding edge in the least. But where The Hotel Hershey makes up for it is EXTREMELY impressive service which is quite frankly almost at the Four Seasons level. The staff are all friendly, competent and helpful, and this greatly improved my stay. I did not expect the service to be this good - talk about pleasant surprises!

The location is beautiful. I'm from Australia so the sheer amount of lush green-ness you get in Pennsylvania surprised me... you can see why the Dutch and Germans settled in this area because it is storybook-pretty and the countryside reminds me a lot of Bavaria.

The restaurants are all very good. Circular Dining Room has good food and excellent service (again), Trevi 5 is an impressive Italian, the Iberian Lounge has a good selection of snacks and an extremely good cocktail list, and Harvest has plenty of tasty things on the menu. All those calories burned by walking around Hersheypark are easily replaced (often by chocolate martinis, which are of course promoted quite heavily in Hershey's bars!).

I like the spa, too. I only had a manicure but it was very professionally done by a competent and friendly staff member (sure, in hindsight I wish I had the gentleman's whiskey facial but they were booked out).

Honestly, if it weren't for the time where the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night, my trip would've been flawless.

I can only give this place 4/5 because my own taste in hotels is very much in favor of super-modern facilities, but don't let that put you off staying here. There is no contest that it is the best hotel in the area, and the service is really impressive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank studiodekadent
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Hershey for a girls' weekend out. The eight of us came to The Hotel Hershey to celebrate my sister's and our friend's 40th birthday. We spent Saturday morning getting pampered at the Hershey Spa. We had free access to the Spa and took advantage of the steam room and sauna.

We checked into our room afterwards. During check in, we received Special Dark and Hershey milk chocolate bars. I have to say, the chocolate bars tasted more fresh than those you get in the store... hmmm. what a concept?!

The front desk was very helpful in giving us an overview of the hotel and the many activities available. A few of us woke up early on Sunday to do yoga and work out in the fitness center (all free).

The rooms were very spacious, well decorated and clean. The Hotel is close to the Hershey Story, Chocolate World and the outlets. We came here in early March, so, the Hershey Park was closed. But, the park is within walking distance, if you wanted to walk on a nice day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent the weekend here with two children, and we couldn't have been happier with the experience. Our standard (2 queen beds) room was lovely, the chocolate bars-upon-check-in was a big hit, and the kids never wanted to leave the pool -- which even has a lifeguard! The convenient shuttle to the park across the street was clean and quick, and the drivers knowledgeable and friendly. As a matter of fact, the Hotel Hershey has one of the overall NICEST staffs you'll find anywhere. My only regret was we didn't have time to take advantage of the sports complex as well.

Room Tip: I wouldn't book a room right on the pool. Ours overlooked the cottages and ice rink and had a p...
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I attended a conference in Hershey and typically stay in the Hershey Lodge. Because the lodge was full, we were placed at The Hotel Hershey. It was one of the classiest hotels in Pa that I've stayed in. The staff was super friendly, rooms were beautiful, and the turn-down service was lovely (You get a picture of Milton Hershey, 4 kisses, and light music!) I had a huge king sized bed with a ton of pillows - it was perfect. The shops were very cute; I even purchased more of the chocolate soap that is provided in the hotel room. Even though there were bars and places to eat at the Hotel, I ended up spending most nights hanging out at the lodge.

The only downside to this hotel is the cost of the spa and hotel room. I was interested in coming back to the Hotel for a concert this summer, but I was stunned by the cost - it was WAY out of my budget. I understand that to keep a hotel classy, you have to charge for it. I was really lucky with the conference rate!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Me and my mother have been going to the Hotel Hershey every year since my 16th birthday. I am now 25 and still love going there. It is such a delight to be at the Hotel Hershey. Everyone is so nice and if there is ever a problem they fix it right away.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms have own pool door entrance, but are loud during busy vacation or holiday times
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends