“It's like a chocolate covered Ritz”
Review of The Hotel Hershey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 23, 2012

What an amazing hotel. I was fortunate enough to stay here on business for a few nights. I stayed in a cottage room which is the way to go. Private entry, fireplace, parking, quiet and the rooms are immaculate. The maid even folded my dirty laundry, which is awesome and gross all wrapped up together.

The grounds are spectacular - ice skating rink, bball courts, tennis courts, volleyball, bikes and the list goes on. I wish I was there for a week with my wife on vacation. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Stay in a cottage if you can. If you have a large group you can rent out a bunch of the cottage roo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank underwaterman
There are newer reviews for The Hotel Hershey

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel is by far the nicest hotel in the area. We have stayed at the Hershey Lodge, other suite accomodations, the Hilton in Harrisburg, etc. and nothing compares in any way. The other local ~$200/night accomodations were attrocious. The Hilton is okay, but it's a drive. If you do stay at the Hotel Hershey, plan a day to enjoy the property and restaurants.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the old rooms in the hotel - some are tiny and some are more comfortable. The cot...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent four days at the Hotel Hershey for a conference. The hotel is gorgeous, service is outstanding the the Spa is a must.

You will feel pampered by a friendly and service committed staff. The grounds a beautiful with breathtaking views.

We didn't get a lot of time to enjoy Hershey Park or Gardens but Troegs Brewery in Hershey is also a must see.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back of the hotel for a beatiful view of the ponds, scrubs and gardens.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I took my mom to The Hershey Hotel as part of a trip in August. We stayed for three nights and had a fantastic time. The staff was always helpful and polite and went out of their way to make sure we had a fantastic time. There was always chocolate available as well.

Our room was clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was stocked with excellent products. The hotel has several restaurants and we tried all of them except the Circular Dining Room for dinner. If you want to go to that one, make sure you bring fancy clothes (we didn't). The Harvest restaurant was probably our favorite. They had great food and lots of fun choices for dessert as well. The hotel is very large and there are a lot of things outside to walk to. My mom has trouble getting around and it was difficult for her to get to some of them.

Overall, we had a great time and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had never really visited Hershey PA and only live 90 min away. Heard about the Hershey Hotle so booked a room for three nights.....wish we could have stayed 3 more. The grounds are spectacular, the staff courteous, friendly and cheerful, and the hotel absolutely beautiful!! Perfect location for access to the Hershey Park and all other Hershey attractions or for just staying at the hotel and relaxing at one of the many outside veranda's surrounded by flowers and great views. This is a place where there are business conferences so probably not a perfect place for families with young children but not necessarily a turn off for families (suggest the Hershey lodge which may be a bit more family oriented). For couples...a paradise in central PA. Restaurants superb and varied cuisine....we never went out to eat just stayed there.

Room Tip: Our room view was not very good so be sure to ask for resort view. Turned out we did not really car...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at The Hotel Hershey for 5 nights this past summer when visiting Hershey Park. I found many positive things during our stay. The location to the park could not have been better, it is directly across the street. The restaurants (although overpriced) were good. The pools both outdoor and indoor as well as the water slide are fantastic my children 10,8,6 loved them! It is nice to have a coffee shop for early AM coffee or a quick breakfast (although it closes fairly early).
The fake ice rink was fun and the kids loved it. The rooms, although not large were nice and I did always feel that they were clean.

A few negatives: The hotel is extremely loud!! With running and yelling in the hallways until very late at night....well past 11PM. I have never stayed at such a loud 4 star property (including disney). Although there seemed to be many activities going on for the children from different reviews and things that I had seen on the website prior to our trip, we were never actually informed by a member of staff about any (we have stayed in other 4-5 star properties all over the world and if their are any children's activities I have typically been at the very least made aware of them). The staff was all perfectly nice, although I never saw anyone go out of their way in the service department. Because of all of this I think that it is very much over priced for what it is. I am defiantly someone who is willing to pay extra for great service and a beautiful place....this just wasn't it.

I very stupidly made my daughter wear a helmet (that was available at the 'skating rink') although I definitely should have known better as a mother of 3 as well as a health care provider. And she did contract lice, which I take partial responsibility for because I should have known better then to have her wear a helmet that may or may not be cleaned (really likely not). Although I am not blaming the hotel for the lice....as I should have known better.....It's still pretty disgusting.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators or the central area where weddings are held....very loud!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear leapinluluHartfordCT,

Thank you for your candid comments & concern about The Hotel Hershey. I am always pleased when guests comment about their experiences as it presents us the opportunity to make adjustments to internal systems if a procedures is not up to standard.

Indeed we do offer a number of family & children's activities on a daily basis including our Nightly S'Mores Roast at The Harvest Fire Pit , our ever popular Chocolate Bingo & our special Child's/Youth Check in area to name just a few. These events & all others are highlighted each evening in our Guest Letter that is delivered to every Guest Room with our nightly Turn Down Service & room refresh. I regret if you never received the information.

Naturally, I am quite concerned relative to your comment about the helmets we provide for our skaters. We take great efforts and care to ensure that each helmet is completely cleaned and sanitized after each use. However, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns to learn more about the circumstances and also learn more about your summer time visit to The Hotel Hershey and how we might enhance our services and offerings. Please feel free to contact the General Manager at: 717- 533-2171.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Lovely old hotel. Comfortable rooms, plenty of space to sit and read in common areas inside and out. Good restaurants. The Circular room for dinner is lovely. The weekend breakfast there is very good - buffet or a la carte menu. Dinner is the Harvest restaurant out back was also good. The fitness center is lacking for such a upscale hotel. It's in a trailer tucked off the back of the hotel. The hotel is surrounded by lovely gardens and views, but you're staring at a wall in at trailer on the treadmill. And with all the chocolate everywhere, you'll want to hit the fitness center. Indoor pool is 50 ft long, so kind of short for laps. There are also walking/running trails if weather allows for outside activity. Rooms are nice - comfortable beds, nice robes, good hairdryer. The bathroom are typical for an old hotel -by which I mean nicely done but small. Hotel is large and spreadout so the hallways can be confusing to get around.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business