“got the entire Milton Hershey suite”
Review of The Hotel Hershey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 7, 2012

arrived with my husband to be and his horrible bratty ill behaved kids , they had us all in one room and I must have looked like I was ready to go greyhound after a few days traveling with these monsters... so they put the kids two floors below us in originl room and gave us the milton hershey suite whole top floor of hotel with a balcony that ean the whole top of hotel it was amazing and I decided to stay and marry my husband , it was room after room Mr Hersheys private apartments! We now have been blessed with a well behaved boy of our own who we hope to return there one day with him.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cljd3
Write a ReviewReviews (2,248)

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We spent a long weekend with our family to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We stayed in a cottage with four bedrooms and a common area. The cottage met our needs perfectly and my grandchildren (ages 3 and 1) loved the porches both in front and in back of the house. The cottage was cozy but elegant and equipped with all the conveniences we needed. The service at the hotel could not be beat and we treated royally by the entire staff. We used the tennis courts, outdoor pool and fitness center and were pleased. We also ate in Trevi 5 and Harvest and enjoyed our dining experiences. It was so nice that Chocolate World and Hershey Park were practically within walking distance. Both venues were sources of delight for all of us, young and old. THe Gardens were beautiful and we liked the butterfly house, as well. We appreciated the family friendly atmosphere in a five star resort and will definitely come back to explore more in the Lancaster area. It was the best anniversary we ever spent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at the Hershey Hotel this past weekend to celebrate my daughters birthday..we visited the Spa for the day, then settled into a room off the indoor pool for the evening. The rooms are immaculate and the Hotel and grounds are beautiful. I live forty-five minutes from the resort, and feel so fortunate to have a world class resort so near.

Room Tip: I enjoy the rooms in the "historic"part of the hotel, but the pools on the ground level of...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I took my 86 year old mother to Hershey to see one of her youngest great grandchildren (and granddaughter!) My niece mentioned if there was anyway we could stay at the Hershey Hotel she was sure we would enjoy it. I had sticker shock at first when I saw the room prices, but after comparing to other hotels, decided to bite the bullet. I was NOT disappointed. The grounds, the gardens, the restaurants, the staff were all exceptional.

Room Tip: We had a 1st level room that opened to the indoor pool. Noise was not a factor as the pool closes at...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tenor4u
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went here for a girls weekend with my daughter. The room was amazing, VERY clean and a good size. The staff ... have not found any better at other resorts! The spa was beyond description! I liked our stay so much, I booked again for next month.

HOWEVER ... there is one complaint ... parents allowing their children to run rampant through the hotel. Kids were running down the hallways at 630-7 am screaming. Kids were running down hallways at 11 pm screaming. While we were in the hotel lobby, kids were running all around it as if it were a playground, bumping in to guests that were registering/checking in. Parents were present in the lobby, just chose not to control their own childre. When kids were running down the halls, parents were right behind, again choosing not to tell their children to use "inside voices". While I realize that the hotel has limited ability to convince parents to take care of their children, something definitely needs to be done about this. That aspect was not enjoyable to other guests trying to enjoy themselves. The only quiet place to go was in the Spa or the dining rooms.

Room Tip: Ask to NOT have a room that opens out on to the inside pool. The pool opens early and you will hear...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank beechluver0830
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel hershey was one of my worst stays in my hotel history. The staff was so under qualified to do there job, not friendly at all, price is so inflated just a horrible stay. Rooms very small and undesirabe. I really can't believe they call that place a hotel, i would have got better service from a roadside motel.

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank raineygirl26
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear raineygirl26,

I was very disheartened to read your comments about your recent stay and experiences at The Hotel Hershey. Please accept my personal apologies for the disappointments you experienced. I certainly would like to learn more about your visit and what areas in particular you found to be lacking. We take pride in our ability to serve our valued guests and also our ability to respond to comments both positive and constructive.

Naturally, we would prefer that guests bring their concerns directly to our attention when they are still at the Hotel and allow us the opportunity to address the concerns in person.
It would be my pleasure to follow up with you & learn more about your experience while a guest of The Hotel Hershey.

Please contact me at: 717-533-2171 and ask to speak with the General Manager.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This Disney-esque hotel is very well done. The staff is well trained, very nice and attentive. The hotel is beautiful, the grounds impeccable and the room were certainly comfy and nicely updated. My only complaint is that the walls appear a bit thin as we could hear the crying child across the hall from us. The food at dinner was fine but wasn't as good as I expected for the price and compared to my high expectations based on the rest of the high quality hotel happenings - which included a s'mores after dinner treat for the kids. The gardens were great - they had a butterfly room with hundreds of butterflies.. All in all a very good experience. Buffet for breakfast was very good but pricey. It was really cool to see how this town developed thanks to the hard work of one Milton Hershey.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family