The Hotel Hershey
Comfort Inn at the Park(Hershey)(Great Value!)
$219
$209
ComfortInn
Super 8 Hershey(Hershey)(Great Value!)
$127
$109
Days Inn Hershey(Hershey)(Great Value!)
$152
$135
$129
$111
$199
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey(Hershey)(Great Value!)
$189
$229
$65
White Rose Motel(Hershey)(Great Value!)
$125
$121
2,282 results
All reviewsthe circular dining roomthe cottagesiberian loungespa experiencebeautiful hotelspa servicesthe main hotelchocolate bingoturn down servicehershey gardensoutdoor poolamusement parkquiet roomluxury hotelwater slideschocolate worldfitness center
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Had an overall excellent time for an Anniversary.
Overall service was excellent and people friendly and accomidating.
Rooms were a little small and Restuarants a little pricey.
Good location to town and amusements.
Would go back.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

We had seen the Travel Channel's take on the Hotel Hershey, in the real world it is not even close, don't be fooled. It may seem elegant but it is hard to cover up all the mediocrity with trim and marble.

The lobby and grounds are taste fully done though some of it can be pretentious. I am sure that a lot of what I see is how Milton Hershey wanted it back in the 30's, but I am sure that he would had added new current day amenities if he where still running the hotel.

The restaurants are nice and probably the highlight to the trip. There is one draw back,the scheduled hours. Wouldn't it be great to sleep in a little, take a nice leisurely shower and get ready for the day in town, maybe grab a quick bite before leaving? If that is between 10:30 am and 12:00 pm good luck- might as well head to Houlihan's, but they are nice enough to tell you that at the front desk. No really they will! The dinner was well prepared but it is obvious that the concentration is in the chef and not the customer, because if you do not care for one part of the dish any change will cost you extra. Really, even fast food companies get that it is about the customer, you know "Have It Your Way"? Basically it comes down to pompous chef working for a company that has lost sight of what matters: the customer! The staff tried to hard to be formal giving a very stuffy feel. The stuffiness was over come by having a fun and friendly conversation with them by the end of dinner, they were great.

Moving on to the room. It is decorated well- linens are crisp and clean, room is clean but the closet smelled of cigarette smoke. The bath room is made up in in marble with soft clean towels, and the shower has amazing water pressure (I hate having to run around in a hotel shower to get wet). The room amenities stop there. O' did I tell you they give you chocolate soap? If this sounds awesome go to the pantry take a tea spoon of Cocoa and smell it. Does it might remind you of dirt? That is because it smells like dirt. Keep eating the chocolate bar and Hershey kisses they give you upon check in. It apparently clouds some people's perception. On to the bed, it is rather uncomfortable and I assume that is to make the over priced massage that much better. The heating and air conditioning is left over from the roaring 20's and apparently the air conditions roared back then too. To continue on the topic of the roaring 20's the walls, and door are paper thin. Should anyone walk by your door having an interesting conversation, don't worry about missing the conversation because it will seem like they are right there in the room or bed with you.

Over all the staff was very courteous and helpful. They were able to efficiently help with any questions or requests that we had. They were always friendly and happy to serve. Finally something that was done very well at the Hotel Hershey.

For the most part the hotel is beautiful, but is lacking in amenities, luxuries, and comforts that most of your middle of the road hotel chains understand. When I think luxury I think personalized comforts that will not be an up charge every time you blink. I don't think a free chocolate bar as a luxury, most of the hotel chains will bake you cookies daily. If you are going to Hershey for the park or spa treatments or just to get away from the hustle of everyday life, save your money and avoid the Hotel Hershey. Stay at a Hilton or Marriott property, drive over to the spa and dinner. The money that you will save is better spent on some thing that you will enjoy.

Room Tip: Don't waist your money thinking you are getting Luxury.
5  Thank johngates8988
HersheyResorts, Operations at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

I appreciate your comments, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do regret that we did not meet your expectations and therefore did not achieve our service objectives. It is always our hope that guests bring any service lapses, inconsistencies or concerns to our attention while they are still staying with us at the Hotel and allow us the opportunity to respond and hopefully rectify any inconsistencies.

To that end, I would welcome the opportunity to have a dialogue about your visit to learn more about your concerns. I will contact you via direct message with my personal contact information.

I am pleased that you did enjoy your Hersheypark in the Dark experience while you stayed with us, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Brian O'Day

Reviewed October 30, 2011

The hotel is grand in the public spaces and from the outside. The rooms are small and nothing special. At night the noise in the hallways was terrible, we were woken up many times. I would expect this from an inexpensive property but not a hotel that cost as much as this. The weather was not great and the park had a delayed opening and because of a long ride home we decided to leave. Hershey is a great place but save your money on the hotel and spend it elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2011

A beautiful historic,elegant hotel.Every amenity is available.Excellent gardens,restaurants and spa.Rooms are a little small but decorated perfectly and extremely clean.Circular dining room is fabulous.The indoor Spanish courtyard is spectacular Spa is over the top !.Resent additions to the property make it a complete family resort experience.Lovely cottage rooms.new pool complex,skating rink and additional restaurant.We loved it.Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms near elevator are a little noisey
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have stayed at the Hotel Hershey several times over the last 5 years or so, and have enjoyed it each time. We went recently for the Halloween special weekend, staying Friday - Saturday. It was a "girls" weekend, with my 12 year old daughter and her best friend.

The room we had this time was on the first floor, just after the pool. I was a bit concerned it might be a noisy area - and it was, but not due to the pool. We happened to be placed among an extended family there to celebrate a senior birthday. However this could have happened anywhere in the hotel. If we had been staying more than 1 night I may have asked to change rooms.

The room was also a bit small, and didn't have a view (well, of the parking lot and a wall), compared to the room I had this summer which was on the 9th floor. I think the 9th floor room might have been renovated, so ask for a renovated room if you can.

Otherwise as always we appreciated the great valet service, the Hersheypark shuttle, the great breakfast buffet, and the general ambiance of the hotel. We will surely be back, maybe even for the Christmas holiday season (see title of review : ) .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family