“Low Quality Steaks”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I am surprised to see the high ratings for this restaurant. Evidently my experience was not typical. Nevertheless, in my opinion the steaks served to my family were substandard. They were nowhere near the expected quality. They were not tender and were pretty much devoid of taste; not what would be expected from a reputable establishment. I definitely got the impression they were trying to cut costs by serving inferior cuts of meat. People do notice.

5  Thank TSOhio714

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I enjoyed a business lunch here last week and cannot say enough good things about HIckory Grille... Service - excellent, Cuisine - exceptional, and atmosphere - warm and tasteful. This is a slurge of a business lunch with steaks that melt in your mouth and very generous portions. Plenty options for those on a budget too.
They offer several "half-wich" options. I had the filet on croissant half-wich. Fantastic! Cooked to perfection. They offer you several options for your side - included, added their famous french onion soup with melted cheese and walked away full - for less than $10. The best part, the friendly and efficient waitress had me in and out in less than 45 minutes.
Going back in October... can't wait! Hope they have the fireplace lit.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

The wife and I stopped in for a nice dinner. We were in no way disappointed. Our waitress mindy was outstanding in everyway. They have several specials in which my wife ordered from (southwest queso chicken) and I had the ribs they were both great. Portion size are large (I couldn't finish the half rack. This is a very nice place and gets A's in service food and atmosphere.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

One of our favorite restaurants between Greenville and Hermitage.
The atmosphere is very nice and the food is excellent.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Good food...bit noisy...crowded parking lot with locals attending which is always a good sign and our server was quick and attentive.

1  Thank Ken H