“A right royal time - oops, wrong continent” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Royal Motel - Hermitage
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
Wellingborough, England, United Kingdom
“A right royal time - oops, wrong continent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Hermitage Museum in St Petersburg has some right to call itself 'royal' as it was set up by Catherine the great in 1764 - a little before the Royal Motel in Hermitage, PA.

I was so relieved to find this place and got the last room just as someone 'phoned to ask for a reservation.

If it had been $5 cheaper I would have thought that it was excellent value.

No problems - wifi worked, room was fine. Can't quite see why anyone would give it a rave review - it's just another ordinary motel in the USA. It's just what you'd expect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Mark A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bellmawr, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I love this place cause atleast once a year me and my family visit to hermitage PA. and this motel is situated at the perfect place in town surrounded with all big stores and restaurants, in heart of the city as well as nice big parking just in front of the rooms, I love the place most cause its safe for my 18 month old.....

Room Tip: All rooms are nice comfortable beds.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Sandy20122012_13
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I just love it here. It is friendly, fun and in a great neighborhood. I have stayed here 3 times since I moved out and each time it has been great. My husband and I take advantage of the cheap stay and great shopping and restaurants nearby. We just got married and had most of our friends from grad school book here. They all loved it. It was cheaper for our friends to stay here than the other motels off the highway. The manager is great, they have mini refrigerator, microwave inside room so no need to go out in lobby.

Room Tip: I like all Non Smoking rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lucy S
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I travel to Hermitage, PA about once a year. After staying in one of the other choices available in Hermitage last year, I decided to investigate a better option. Our background? We are a 40ish couple that travels quite a bit. I should mention that I'm a bit of a germaphobe (and no, I did not find any bedbugs). We've stayed in everything from a 1 star to a 5+ star resort. Like everyone else, we try to pick the best available option for the money.

The Royal Motel was exactly as described by previous reviewers, very clean! After a long day of work and travel, I was very happy to not be disappointed by the motel in person. The pictures really don't do it justice, it's nicer in person than it appears in reviewers photos. The carpet is new, newer table and chairs, newer wall mounted heat & air conditioning unit. The bathroom has been completely remodeled, nice new fiberglass shower surround, great lighting for getting ready. The unit included free-wifi, a microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, tv and telephone.
The only negative I can think of is that the walls are thin, I could certainly hear my neighbors and the road noise. This was pretty easily fixed by turning on the air conditioner and/or tv. I will certainly be staying here again! It's the cheapest AND best option I found! Thank you for a clean place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rachelle212
Bradenton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband & I needed a place to stay for a night while traveling through Hermitage, PA. Our GPS said that Royal Motel was the closest.

When we pulled up, we kind of looked at each other. This place looks a bit shady from the outside. However, it is not!

The night manager was super nice and told us that two double beds would be $49 including tax. We asked to take a look and were given the keys for 103.

We were so surprised. We walked in and it smelled great. The place is super clean and had no bugs. We were sold!

The room has a fridge, microwave, TV, A/C and heat, and everything you need for a night. It even had new linens and two bars of soap.

My husband & I need a few things in a hotel - a working remote for the TV, no bugs and clean linens. This place had all three.

It isn't a 5-star hotel so I am not basing it on that. The door locks are a bit hard - you need to put your body weight on the door to lock it. It isn't a big deal - I am just replying to the review from missacsmith.

There is coffee in the lobby.

The beds were comfortable. The shower pressure was good and the water was hot!

The road noise is a bit loud if you are a super light sleeper. My husband & I always bring a white noise machine and had no troubles.

I would totally stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank mellissarose
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The room was clean and had cable, a fridge, and a microwave. We had a queen sized bed with 2 people for $49 out the door. Unfortunately, the door did not lock from the outside. No breakfast as it says here, but for the extra $20 you would spend elsewhere, you can get a breakfast in town. Support local business!

• Stayed January 2013
6 Thank missacsmith
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I we would stay here again, room was clean and good location to town, not upscale like some hotels but quiet & clean; no squeaking beds! Microwave & small referigerator in the room, that was convenient.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Road_Warriors_Pilots
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage
#1 of 4 in West Middlesex
Travelodge Hubbard OH
Travelodge Hubbard OH
#1 of 3 in Hubbard

Been to Royal Motel - Hermitage? Share your experiences!