“Great value and location”

Royal Motel - Hermitage
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
Arizona
“Great value and location”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The Royal Motel for me is a gem. It is the perfect location for visits to Sharpsville. Literally every restaurant (even a Starbucks now) and retail chain and the Shenango Valley Mall are less than a mile away.
I paid $40 a night. That was fifteen dollars better than the next cheapest and thirty+ less than the ones further away down by I-80.
My interactions with the owners were always pleasant.
My room had a very comfortable king size bed. The room was clean, no bugs, no creepy stains, and the linen was changed daily. The TV, though older, had a 25 inch screen with several cable channels and a well functioning remote. There was a nice sized refrigerator which ran quietly and kept things cold. Also a microwave, though didn't use that. No bathtub, but the shower had good pressure and easy to control the temperature.The wall mounted AC unit worked well and was not overly noisy.
I had one major concern and that was with door knob to enter the room. It is old and screwed in loosely. I told the owner about it and she tightened some of the screws, but it was still not very secure. I felt that one medium kick would easily break in the door, so when I was out of the room I took my most valued things with me. While in the room there is a dead bolt and door chain that may be used. However, I think replacing the door knobs would make future guests feel much more secure.
The toilet also leaked in the bowl very slowly after flushing and it was obvious the rubber stopper was worn and needed to be replaced. However I didn't mention this until check out, so hopefully that easy repair will be taken care of.
The room also lacked hangers, which was disappointing, but something that could also be cheaply and easily rectified.
All in all, I think highly of this motel due to the value of its pricing, outstanding location, cleanliness, and comfort.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank WhereUBeen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Our first trip to the Hermitage was last summer, before the new owners took over. We had a nice time, but this year when we returned we were more than pleasantly surprised by all the wonderful improvements. Price are also compatible and affordable. Our dog also ejoyed eating out there! The room was clean and perfect for the 3 of us. The management and staff made us feel welcome and at home, and that made it very comforting when leaving our dog in the room for activities that he couldn't join us for. The area is great too-so many places to walk to and only a few minutes drive away. We hope to get back for a next year summer , but can't wait to return Thank you for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank LindaHoffman
Reviewed June 8, 2010

It just bad the owner is not nice he has his kids running around and it's bad.

• Stayed August 2011
6 Thank Edict
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Quality Inn Hermitage
#1 of 4 in West Middlesex
Travelodge Hubbard OH
Travelodge Hubbard OH
#1 of 3 in Hubbard

Been to Royal Motel - Hermitage? Share your experiences!