“Pleasant stay at Quality Inn”

Quality Inn Hermitage
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We were in Pennsylvania for a reunion and stayed one night at this Quality Inn. The staff was helpful and friendly, the room clean and each bed had a very nice down comforter on it. We visited the bar which was a dark, classy place with a good band. The restaurant (Sghettis) served an outstanding dinner for a very reasonable price. The only downside of our stay was the free breakfast, which consisted of cold, dry eggs, sausage, hash browns and toast. Well, the toast was good. It isn't hard to keep the other foods warm, so I'm not sure why they weren't served at an edible temperature. We would return to this hotel, but would not take advantage of that breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 28, 2009

We occasionally stay in Hermitage visiting friends so end up staying at one of the motels in the area when staying overnight. This was our first stay at this location. This location used to be a Holiday Inn. A Holiday Inn Express was built just down the road leaving this properties best days behind it. The Holiday Inn express had no vacancies when trying to book there so I decided we give this place a shot.
Upon arrival the staff at the motel were very nice and helpful. Check In was a breeze and was in the room in no time. The room was very clean as was the rest of the property. This place is just old with need of updating. I was surprised there was no pool. I wasn't that upset by this but some people would kind of expect that.
One thing did rather annoy me however. In the hotel description they say they offer a "free hot breakfast" What they don't tell you is that it is not exactly free. The breakfast vouchers they give you are good for the independently owned restaurant they have onsite. They then tax you .25 for each meal and make you purchase your beverages. This does not "add up" to "free." When we went to go and take advantage of this not so free offer in the restaurant there was no service in sight. We sat down for at least 5 minutes with no staff working and plenty of un-bussed tables full of half eaten breakfasts. There were a handful of others eating but no sign of service. Also, you do not have a choice of breakfast, they give you a "Chefs Choice". Well, realizing what a joke this "free" breakfast was we got up and left, checked out, went to to Perkins.
To sum it all up, great front desk service, clean room but outdated worn hotel with no pool. A total sham of a breakfast that most travellers nowadays come to expect. A bit of false advertising when they say "FREE."

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Well I had a great stay at the Hotel. The linen was clean and the staff was very friendley. The areas best rate and can't beat the breakfast. The Wife and kids really enjoyed the restaraunt and Game room I really recommend the hotel to anyone

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Upon arrival, I was impressed with the Quality Inn. It has a restaurant and lounge which is a nice touch. Initially the room was fine, but at around 10 pm I realized the music in the lounge below was reverberating into the walls of our room. I was unable to sleep until 2 am when the band stopped. I did call the front desk and they were willing to move us, but my mother was already asleep and I didn't want to wake her. So if you choose this hotel, do not get a room near the lounge (I was in room 200). I did not eat the breakfast, but my mother said it was a one plate of food chosen for you, with few healthy choices. She said they only had one server so she waited a long time to get served. Upon arrival home, i noticed I had bites all over my body. I am not positive that I got bed bugs from this hotel, but it seems like an odd coincidence that it started after my night at this hotel. I would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank socgrad
debbiedc24, Front Desk Manager at Quality Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2009

After seeing this review I was sick. Many Guests have stayed in room 200 (many by request) and I have never had a complaint, let alone heard about bedbugs. When I got to the hotel today I went with our head housekeeper and inspected the room and both beds. There were no and I repeat NO signs of bed bugs and believe me they leave signs. So rest assured we do not have bedbugs in our hotel. I would have liked to have recieved a phone call, or direct e-mail from this guest, I know I would have called if I had bites all over me, I would have asked for a full refund too. I am sorry this person did not enjoy her stay here, I am glad the music didn't keep her mother awake. We are doing things everyday to make improvements to a hotel built in 1968, changes do not happen over night but they are happening.

Reviewed December 21, 2008

I have no clue what the people above are talking about...maybe they were staying at some other hotel. But anyways, when my family and I stayed there we didn't notice any of these problems!! We had hot water in the morning, the staff treated us well during check in and check out.....and the bedding is FANTASTIC!

I would surely stay here again with my family :-)

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 5, 2008

The photos of the hotel rooms at this property are deceiving. They look very nice, and it's true that they have newer bedding. However, this hotel is VERY old. The doors to the hallways are rusty old metal. The bathrooms are bright yellow old tile with low ceilings, tiny sinks, and a musty smell. The lobby area has carpet showing traffic patterns so worn they are black. The woodwork and doors in this hotel look very dark and old. It must have been originally built in the 1970s. I would never stay here again, it's pretty gross.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dmljkaster
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I stayed here with my 2 kids on my way from Chicago to see my husband at an Army base in the Northeast. I wanted somewhere cheap and certainly learned my lesson here! This was probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I am not a picky traveler. In an online travel booking site, it stated there was a pool and a workout room. They removed the pool in 2001 - we found the big patch of grass where the pool used to be. I could not find the "fitness center" - they told me it was on the second floor somewhere. When I checked in, I had to yell "hellooooo" as no one was at the desk for 15 minutes and then some maintenance guy showed up and said he would get someone... meanwhile, we sat. I noticed blood on my sheets; the room reeked of smoke and I asked for a non-smoking room; the bed gave me a backache; the carpet had a greasy feeling; hairs all over the bathroom floor; mold in the shower; cob webs on the ceiling. I took my coworkers to dinner at the onsite Italian restaurant, if you can call it that. I was amazed at the lack of professionalism of the restaurant staff. I ordered some items off the appetizer menu and was told, "We aint got that" from the waitress. The gameroom had a few games, but they were all broken and hotel staff did not refund my kids' money. The breakfast scared us - my kids refused to eat it (and they eat anything). It was free but only if you had a breakfast ticket - who would have paid for it? You get 3 choices on the menu - a hot pocket, a breakfast sandwich, and some other item on a bagel. It came with mushy, canned fruit that must have been 5 years old; the hash browns were cooked halfway and in old oil that tasted like a leftover fish fry. The coffee was obviously instant. We should have gone somewhere else when 4 other people got up and left after getting their breakfast. One guy laughed all the way out the door! The waitress was the same one I had at the dinner the night before. She was rude; we walked out too. When I checked out, I asked for a discount and they gave me 10% off (wow - a whole $7!) This place was absolutely horrendous. Stay across the street at the Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ArmyNurse2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA
#4 of 4 in Hermitage
Travelodge Hubbard OH
Travelodge Hubbard OH
#1 of 3 in Hubbard

Been to Quality Inn Hermitage? Share your experiences!