“Truly authentic”
Review of Arriero - CLOSED

Arriero
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Fast service, friendly wait staff and the food was very good. Relaxed atmosphere with a little patio for summer dining.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

By far the best Mexican food in the area, chain or privately owned. It's my favorite place to eat - I've lost track of how many times I've been there and it's never disappointed. Generous portions, all cooked to order, and attentive staff. Can't wait to try the new lunch buffet!!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our family frequents El Arriero more than just about any other restaurant in the area. The food, service and prices are all good. They recently began a new lunch buffet every day from 11AM-3PM for only $6.99. The buffet has plenty of good food at a great price. Some of our favorites are the California Burrito, tacos carne asada, the Rio Grande, and the new one with a huge baked potato smothered with steak or chicken fajitas, onions, peppers and cheese sauce. It's more than filling. Unlimited nachos and great salsa dip, along with the large portions...you will never leave hungry.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I often go to El Arriero, but sometimes it is just for a margherita and chips, or a light lunch. Last night I ordered a special to see what they did with a full-on dinner meal. I was not disappointed.

I ordered the steak/chicken combination Mojaleta special, which was served on two plates-- one plate with the rice, beans, and lettuce/salad/guac complement, and one wooden tray topped with an enormous tri-legged, cast iron pot 6" tall and 8" in diameter holding the delicious habanero-sauce with grilled onions, green peppers, jalapenos (added by me), steak, chicken, and shrimp (also added by me--extra).

They also brought a few soft tortilla's to use to make little wraps of the delicious contents, but I gave up after having one this way-- the sauce was best enjoyed over the rice with a fork.

i was very impressed with the flavors and the preparation. I shows that the cook/s at El Arriero can be trusted to do far more than throw together a simple burrito or taco. And I may well give some of their other dinner specials a try in the future. Well done!