“If we weren't with family celebrating Mother's Day, we would have walked out”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #11 of 64 Restaurants in Hermitage
Cuisines: American
Pittsburgh
“If we weren't with family celebrating Mother's Day, we would have walked out”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I just spent 3.5 hours of my life in an Applebee's. We had a party of 7, were told (at 12:45p) we would have a 20-25 minute wait. We were seated at 2:00p. The food, that is usually average at best, was poor. My husband's food had been under a lamp for so long he had to chisel it (chicken and rice) from off the edges of the plate. While the staff were all kind and sweet, they were slow to do much of anything. The manager gave us a free chips/salsa which was appreciated and he was apologetic. I understand a packed Mother's Day restaurant is going to be a bit slower than typical, but this was a sad experience. Will not be back.

• Visited May 2013

Western PA
“Not to bad”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We ate there and it was ok. The sirloin I had there compared to the one at chili's in butler was terrible!!!! They other food items weren't to bad but will just get soup and salad next time. Prices to high.

Visited April 2013
Millington, New Jersey
“A Typical Applebees”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Ate here a lot when I lived in the area and I sometimes I return with my family when I visit. The food is "OK" at best and the service depends on who your server is. The take-out is a way to go to avoid any crowds.

• Visited October 2012
Pittsburgh PA
“Average lunch”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My friend and I ordered a chicken based salad. The lettuce was very pale, with no taste, and not much else. The chicken was fine, but not worth the price. Not even a cracker was served with the meal. Good thing we are small people.

Visited December 2012
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, United States
“It's Applebees.”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Applebees is always hit or miss. Sometimes it's good, other times not so. The restaurant itself is nice, alot of cool things to look at. The service is usually good, friendly staff. It's just the food, like I said not always bad, but I don't go there often because of the gamble.

Visited February 2012

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!