“Usual Applebee's, avoid the steak” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 63 Restaurants in Hermitage
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Usual Applebee's, avoid the steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Staying at the new Hampton Inn nearby, the Applebee's offered the usual good combo deals (2 for $20, 2 for $24). Service was decent and attentive. The steak, however, was disappointing. Asked for medium rare and it was cooked the way it was asked however, it was still chewy. Not a good cut of beef at all. Avoid the steak and stick with the other entrees. Fish and chips with cole slaw gives you 3 good sized fish - enough to share between two people.

Visited July 2012

Kamiah, Idaho
“Delicious meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Delicious meal, very filling, did not have dessert. That's how full after app, salad, and meal. :)

Visited June 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania, United States
“I walked out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I was going to eat supper and have a couple of drinks here on a Tuesday night, but I ended up walking out before my food was served because my waitress disappeared and never came to check on me between taking my order and the meal coming out. I sat down at 6:05 PM and I left at 6:30 PM, 5 minutes after my waitress walked past my table and ignored me trying to get her attention. When I left, not one employee noticed me leaving, they were all too busy somewhere else.

I called the manager and told him what had happened and he told me that he was going to mail me a gift card as an apology for the poor service "the first thing in the morning tomorrow." I have not received the gift card as of the following Tuesday, so I doubt that he mailed it.

I've eaten here in the past, and the food is Ok, but the service is so hit or miss that I'm never going to eat at this Applebee's again unless someone else is treating me to a meal.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cooperstown PA
“food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Twice I had a very bad exsperiance and find it hard to enjoy them as I was had. I guess they are ok.

Visited December 2011
West Middlesex, Pennsylvania
“lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

lot of choices and price is reasonalbe. great athmospher and waiting time is not bad at all.

Visited May 2012

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!