“Place is Wonderful”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I read a review that someone posted stating flaws of this restaurant in which in my opinion is someone probably trying to get a free meal. My family traveled up from Pittsburgh and had a wonderful dinner and great service. We sat at the bar before we went to our table and as busy as the place was we got drinks right away. The two young ladies behind the bar had wonderful personalities and were very professional. My husband asked the two ladies how long they had worked with the restaurant and to our surprise they were just hired, it was like they worked together for years. We then got seated and had a great waitress she knew that menu like the back of her hand. My husband and father in law had steak and they said it was the best steak they had ever had. I have to say there wedding soup was also so tasty it reminded me of my grandmother's. I was impressed with the involvement with the owners and the guest, they visited our table and asked how everything was . Overall the prices are not bad. If you want a five dollar burger go to McDonalds and get a processed meat sandwich and who knows what's in it. The quality of food was great. The decor looks great I remember it being very dark before and now looks very modern. My family will be making many trips to this establishment for many dinners to come. There is one little thing I will point out the finish on the table does make things stick. I got a cup of coffee when dinner was over and it was like the mug heat sealed to the table. The dinner was wonderful overall.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Just reopened after a "remodel" which was an inadequate attempt. Place still seems old and dingy. Service came with too much attitude, had to ask several times for a booster seat, they were out of chocolate milk, and steak was overcooked. Didn't really care for the place before wanted to see if it improved any but Was not impressed.

1  Thank travellingbubba
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Jess’s Junction. It is hard to sort out where to begin this review. I want it to be accurate, but all the sad details would make it a lengthy tome. I have chosen not to detail all of the negative aspects.

It is a Shenango Valley icon that has been here for decades. We’ve been in several times since returning to our hometown area after over 40 years of living elsewhere. We have not been particularly impressed but we have friends who love the place. “Regulars” at their favorite places are willing to overlook occasional restaurant faults.

Jess’s had been closed several months for remodeling and reopened recently as JESS'S JUNCTION. Although it was a busy Friday night, we thought we’d check it out. Despite the many cars in the parking lot we were seated right away. The cleared table needed to be re-cleaned though. Since I didn’t need a fork until much later, I was surprised to find it stuck to the table….not a good sign.

Since we were in no hurry we ordered beers and some wings and then a pizza to share and said we wanted a few minutes between the wings and pizza. At that stage, we gradually became aware of many patrons looking as though they were waiting, less and less patiently for their server, food, check, etc.

Meanwhile the servers, manager and owner were making rounds “glad handing,” welcoming and hugging whom I assumed to be regulars. Between arriving, ordering and getting drinks, one table of five just got up and left in frustration. There was non-verbal communication between other tables indicating the same regarding wait time. Still we really weren’t annoyed until it became ONE HOUR between the wings and pizza! And, during that time it was hard to even get a second beer……a major money maker!

Pizza arrived. Edible, but horrible. Nice try though. Fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, but a garlic powder drenched crust which was more like a stale cracker than thin pizza crust or flatbread. The server asked how we liked her favorite pizza and my husband told her it was edible, but awful. She said she’d send the manager over to talk to us. Fifteen, twenty, thirty minutes later, no manager. We flagged our server down and asked for the check, NOW. She brought it and said they had removed the cost of the beer and pizza and only the wings were charged. When she returned, the amount charged on the card was double what it should have been. Next there was not an amount on the credit slip. The check was finally all corrected but the bottom line is that the place is badly managed and the food inconsistent. There are too many excellent places to go than to waste our time there again.

1  Thank Vivienned04
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food at Jess's is great. The staff knows the menu and their chefs. Reopening next week after remodeling. Barbequed ribs are the best in town and this town loves ribs. The restaurant has room for private parties or meetings, which is at a premium in this area.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food was horrible, the staff wasn't very friendly, and they atmosphere could use A LOT of work! The worst part about my experience at Jess's is that my waitress sneezed on my credit card as she was handing it to me! SO GROSSSSS!

1  Thank mortimerturtle