“Never know what to expect” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Western PA
“Never know what to expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I want to give this place a great rating because I have had great food and service here -- but only sometimes. Sometimes the food is not prepared as well as other times. Sometimes the service is fabulous, other times not so wonderful. It is a small Italian restaurant with a nice family atmosphere and Italian comfort food put together in ways you don't find anywhere else. Give it a try.

Visited September 2012

Richmond, Kentucky
“Terrible service, nasty owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had always loved having a meal at Chiccarino's on trips back to Hermitage, my hometown. On a trip in May I had such a wonderful grilled prime rib that I suggested that we go back a couple of days later. Well, that second time we had to wait almost an hour for our entree and the prime rib was poor quality with lots of tough, sinewy parts. I asked to talk to the owner to (1) let him know how much I had loved the previous day's prime rib and (2) let him know that this meat was nowhere near as good on this second visit and the order inexcusably slow (they weren't terribly busy). After a long wait, instead of apologizing and thanking me for complimenting him on the earlier dinner, the owner had the audacity to argue with me, saying that he always gets his meat from the same place and that he checked the ticket and it only took 20 minutes after he got the ticket in the kitchen. He then walked away, not offering to do anything! I had to call him back and ask him what he was going to do. He rudely asked me what I wanted him to do, so I said at least not charge me for the meal or offer a desert since it was already over 90 minutes that we had been there and I didn't want another entree with everyone in my party already finished. He then pretty much grabbed my plate away and told the server to at least charge me for my salad!!! As if I wanted free food! And after I paid him the compliment of returning twice in one week. Never again! Never in my 60 years of travel have I met an owner as rude as that man.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pennsylvania
“Excellent service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Locally owned, Chiccarino's is consistently a great place to eat. It's bar is comfortable for socializing or dining, and two separate dining rooms are nicely laid out. Staff has a professional appearance and are quite knowledgable about food and spirits. Our meals were very good and a good value. Patrons are varied (golfers, couples, seniors, families) and we felt comfortable among them.

Visited August 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have been going to Jerry's place for years....always a good dinner...Jerry makes the red sauce himself..yum...I get the same dinner every time I go because it's always perfectly tastey...Eggplant Parm..u can't go wrong...all their food is great from appeyizers to salads.steaks.calamari.chicken dishes..I can go on & on...just go & try it out yourself..you will not be disappointed....Thanks Jerry..!!

Visited July 2012
“Nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Had smelts and pizza from here and both items were good. I would recommend going on off hours since it gets pretty busy and comfy seating arrangements is not their strong point. But I would order and bring home from this place again!