“Hermitage INN /Red roof in now”

Red Roof Inn Hermitage
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Recently I had to make a last minute reservation at the Red Roof in in Hermitage PA - formerly known as the Hermitage inn. My mouth is still agape at how aboutsultely, filthy and broken down this hotel is. The room I was given had cigarette holes in varous places on the compforter which was folded at the foot of the bed in a way so that you could not miss these. There was a large circurlar stain on one of the pillows on the bed - again this was not even hidden. it's the first thing that hits you when you come in the room. Which made it seem like a slap in the face. cobwebs everywhere. This room had not been checked in a long time, nor was it checked before we got there.

The desk attendant agreed w/us, apologized & changed us to a larger, less filthy room and did give us 10% off, but still it was not worth it.

To boot, there were roudies staying in the rooms surrounding us who yelled in the hall & slammed doors till after1am. This was all on the first floor well within earshot of the front desk who did nothing about it.

This place is completely unsanitary and they have no respect for their customers. it should be condemned. I wouldn't stay there again if 'they' paid 'me'.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 16, 2009

was in town seeing family & stayed here because it was close & had a pool, the front desk woman has NOT very friendly when we got there but when your mean back to them if changes everything..HAHA, the woman there at night was WONDERFUL!!! she helped up with extra pillows & things we needed & the kids loved the pool..only thing i didnt like was the shower ran SLOW, for people with long hair (like me) takes forever...the room was clean & nothing really bad to say, we will stay here again :)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2008

The front desk clerk must of been stoned, he gave me a smoking room after I specifically asked for a non. I have kids!!! He completely wrote my name down wrong on the bill even though he had my license in his hand. He then asked me for my license. duh

He told me I would be in room 132 when it was actually 232 but of course I had already walked my sleeping daughter up the stairs.
Now lets talk about the room, paint and wall paper off the walls. bed spread was disgusting. my daughter and I both woke up sick, hacking from the very strong odor of a 1950's bar room. Come on people!!
The owner offered a $20 off gesture. the room set me back 139.00. "I told him to shove it up his[--]" I am fighting every red cent ot my credit card:}

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 3, 2008

If I had known there was a Holiday Inn Express next door .....

This motel is right out of the 1970's with big brass handrails on a curvey staircase overlooking the lobby.

When I arrived they were folding sheets in a corner of the lobby... must have been short of help.

It took a few minutes for the desk clerk to find out reservation and was confused by whatever PriceLine sent to them. But he found it and off we were into one of the four wings of the hotel. From the air it must hae looked like an "X" wing fighter from Star Wars.

This place hasn't been renovated in years. It was clean, but sure needs the rugs cleaned. The beds were comfy with great pillows. Our 6am wakeup call never came.

The free breakfast was simple with make your own waffles and cereal.

The a/c unit was very noisy (been around for years) and I mentioned this to the desk clerk as a courtesy so that it might be repaired. I did recived a discount as compensation for the noise.

It's ok, not attractive, but it was quiet enough. With a Holiday Inn Express next door they really need to spruce it up.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2007

I was disappointed in our room after reading the on-line reviews. Maintenance was poor: missing baseboard strip, debris in drawers, missing drain plug for sink, sofa bed in terrible condition (ripped & stained upholstery, sagging cushion), desk lamp on/off button kept getting stuck -- difficult to use. The staff responded to our complaint about the sofa bed by replacing it; we didn't want to complain about everything else, too. Biggest plus was friendly staff, helpful suggestions.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2007

We had an excellent experience at this hotel. My husband and I enjoyed the pool the most (very relaxing)! We paid a very reasonable rate too, for everything we got.........they had a BIG breakfast, a microwave in the room (cut down on our eating out costs), and I loved the exercise room. It looked like they had brand new equipment, which was nice. I would recommend anyone who is visiting the Western PA area to stay at this hotel.....We had a great time!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel while I was in town for a wedding. I enjoyed the warm atmosphere of both the staff and the hotel amenities. The rooms had new bedding and great thick towels. I enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast that was offered. I was able to do a little sightseeing and the front desk staff were ready with info and directions. I would definitely stay again. A very positive experience.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Quality Inn Hermitage
Hampton Inn & Suites Sharon
Hampton Inn & Suites Sharon
#1 of 4 in West Middlesex
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage

Been to Red Roof Inn Hermitage? Share your experiences!