“Ok for the price after a discount.”

Red Roof Inn Hermitage
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed August 3, 2008

If I had known there was a Holiday Inn Express next door .....

This motel is right out of the 1970's with big brass handrails on a curvey staircase overlooking the lobby.

When I arrived they were folding sheets in a corner of the lobby... must have been short of help.

It took a few minutes for the desk clerk to find out reservation and was confused by whatever PriceLine sent to them. But he found it and off we were into one of the four wings of the hotel. From the air it must hae looked like an "X" wing fighter from Star Wars.

This place hasn't been renovated in years. It was clean, but sure needs the rugs cleaned. The beds were comfy with great pillows. Our 6am wakeup call never came.

The free breakfast was simple with make your own waffles and cereal.

The a/c unit was very noisy (been around for years) and I mentioned this to the desk clerk as a courtesy so that it might be repaired. I did recived a discount as compensation for the noise.

It's ok, not attractive, but it was quiet enough. With a Holiday Inn Express next door they really need to spruce it up.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed November 30, 2007

I was disappointed in our room after reading the on-line reviews. Maintenance was poor: missing baseboard strip, debris in drawers, missing drain plug for sink, sofa bed in terrible condition (ripped & stained upholstery, sagging cushion), desk lamp on/off button kept getting stuck -- difficult to use. The staff responded to our complaint about the sofa bed by replacing it; we didn't want to complain about everything else, too. Biggest plus was friendly staff, helpful suggestions.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2007

We had an excellent experience at this hotel. My husband and I enjoyed the pool the most (very relaxing)! We paid a very reasonable rate too, for everything we got.........they had a BIG breakfast, a microwave in the room (cut down on our eating out costs), and I loved the exercise room. It looked like they had brand new equipment, which was nice. I would recommend anyone who is visiting the Western PA area to stay at this hotel.....We had a great time!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel while I was in town for a wedding. I enjoyed the warm atmosphere of both the staff and the hotel amenities. The rooms had new bedding and great thick towels. I enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast that was offered. I was able to do a little sightseeing and the front desk staff were ready with info and directions. I would definitely stay again. A very positive experience.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2007

The hotel is OK for a place to sleep. It is a bit older and run down, and a bit of a drab with dim lights, however. The room, while in need of a facelift, was quite large and clean. The baseboard on the wall was torn out which really needs to be fixed (reminds me of the ghetto). The bed was comfortable. Common areas of the hotel were very pleasant and well kept. No nearby restaurants that I noticed, and the delivery I ordered made me sick. Furthermore, there was not much of a breakfast selection. The staff seemed polite, but not overly friendly; however, professional. This is probably the best place to stay in the area (as Hermitage and surrounding area does not appear to offer much). Therefore, I would stay here again if I only needed a place to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Shad0wy
Reviewed July 30, 2006

I stated at this hotel just cause i got traped in a really bad rain storm and couldnt see anything along i 80 i happen to come up to it at the exit and came in and got a room the lobby was very nice. but the brackfast area is kind of weird set up with a row of tables along the wall. This hotel seems to be very budget hotel the front desk was doing brackfast the next moring felt bad for the women working having to do million things at once and she was pregnut witch i felt was kind of wrong. the room wise was very average to poor in many ways the carpet really was dirty and ciggy burns as well the phone was covered in pop and so was the mincrowave as well. there was no remote in the room. for 65.99 as a walk in rate sure is high for that quilty of hotel if i could see were the super 8 was i would have stayed there. but in all i wouldnt make this hotel a weekend out of it it was fine for just over night stop then to get going the bed was very comfortable and the pllows were nice 2 i didnt see the pool cause again this is at 2am! very nice staff though i have to say the women working 1st on 07/31/06 should have arward for working as hard has she does!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
buffalo, new york
Reviewed May 28, 2006

I reserved rooms on internet and requested non-smoking rooms. Checked in half hour after check in started and they put us in smoking rooms. The room originally in vibrated from something underneath and I finally demanded to be put in another room at 11:30pm. The next morning, Sunday, we went swimming with the children and two of my kids eyes and wifes were burning from the chlorine, my sons eyes puffed up and were very red and we had to go to pharmacy to get drops and he had to put them in a whole day for his eyes to feel better. A family vacation ruined because they put too much chlorine in their pools presenting poor professionalism and business. My daughters swimsuit went into the pool pink and turned purple. We came to this hotel because of the pool and we very dissapointed by the results.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Quality Inn Hermitage
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage
Econo Lodge Hermitage
Econo Lodge Hermitage
#4 of 4 in Hermitage

Been to Red Roof Inn Hermitage? Share your experiences!