“Newly Renovated”

Red Roof Inn Hermitage
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting family and they are still undergoing some renovations, but what they do have done so far is very nice. The front desk staff was so nice and helpful with restaurant suggestions. It is hard to renovate a hotel that is next to a major highway and not have any issues, you can't expect the hotel to close down. I do have to say, that I will stay here again, the continental breakfast has lots of different items to choose from.

I can't wait to see the finished product when I make my next weekend visit to Hermitage, because I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
dipnijan, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and was happy with the breakfast. We look forward to seeing you here again.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Overall, comparing with my other red roof experience this is not the greatest. When I make the reservations, I asked in particular for a 1st floor room and when I check in at 7pm, I was told nothing is available. I am pretty upset as this hotel does not have elevator and carrying your luggage up to 2nd floor is a pain. You will see renovation supplies all over through out the hallway, sometime even a desk and chairs on the hallway, this can be dangerous for fire escape. Now back to the room, I would say the night table, mirrors, flat screen TV, TV table, and the bed frame is new. Carpet is green but you will see stain spots through out. The restroom needs major update as it has stains throughout and mold on the caulking. Other renovated redroof inn is far better. I guess this was a comfort inn before and this is what redroof re-branded to.

Room Tip: Please asked for a remodel first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
dipnijan, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Markham,
thank you for your response. We are a work in progress. We are sorry that you didn't get first floor as requested. We try to honor all requests but sometimes circumstances prohibit us from fullfilling them such as inhouse guests staying another day. We tried to complete our renovations in our off season time but was delayed. When this is our high season for occupancy we can't get to some rooms. We are trying our best to finish and hope that you reconsider coming back and trying us again when we are finished.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Problems with room remained even though was there 5 days. Read other reviews that manager replied and asked them to give them a second chance. We had no phone and not one kitchen utensils for five days. Each day we were told it would be taken care, even by the manager. Never happened. The room was musty also. They would not honor there hassle free guarantee. Corporate won't help you either. Dead bugs in room also, has anybody had problems with bed bus there.

Room Tip: don't stay
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank trustmeeeee
dipnijan, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Trust me,
I am a little confused because our only suite with kitchen has not been in service for a few months. It is stocked with utensils. We are renovating and have used that room for storage during renovations. I am sorry that you had a bad experience however, I think you have the wrong hotel.
sincerely,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Well I was about 6 hrs away from home with my son so just mother and son and we pulled up at about 9:30 at night to 6 cops at the front door....not too reassuring! I asked what was going on and told just a juvenile issue which I found out the next day was only kind of true.Anyway we checked in and as soon as we walked in I was horrified at the smell. We went up to the room which was old not renovated like we were told and dirty. I told my son we were getting out first thing in the morning!! Then to make matters worse I went out to the car to get our stuff I then used the back door bc our room was right there that's when I found out that the door didn't lock like it was supposed to the lock was broken off. Needless to say I locked all available door locks. When we finally laid down my son and I literally scratched ourselves to sleep for what felt like an hour. I felt so disgusting and dirty. We were supposed to stay another night but I immediately checked out in the morning and went over to the Hampton Inn which was twice the price and worth every penny I would have remortgaged my house in order to get out of there. Never again!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank rooster0000

Dear Rooster,
Thank you for your response. We are sorry for any inconvinence that you experienced during your stay. We have remodeled and have put new furniture and bedding in all of the rooms. We have our hotel serviced by exterminators on a regular monthly basis and have had no complaints. We wish you had brought your concerns to us and we could have resolved any issues at that time.
We pride ourselves on our hotel and our service.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

They were still in the process of renovation while I was there. The room I had was 90 precent finished. They now have the simulated hardwood floors. I like that very much. Much cleaner over time. The bed was very comfortable. Fresh paint. Micro fridge and microwave. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
dipnijan, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear John L,
thank you so much for your review. Yes, our new look is wonderful and the hotel is about 90% completed. We will have either the new wood floor downstairs or carpet upstairs ( to lessen the noise for the downstairs). As you saw we have new furniture and it looks so nice and fresh. We plan to change the location of the breakfast counter and create less traffic in the lobby too. Please come and check us out in our new look. It will be wonderful.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel is remodleing. We were the first to stay in one of the newly remodled rooms. The new look is modern and the room was clean. The front desk service was excellent and everyone was accomodating and friendly. We did not hear any noise from the construction. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
dipnijan, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you Kelly for your review. We are really proud of our renovations and hope that you come back and see the finished product. We really appreciate it when guests take the time to compliment us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn while in the Hermitage area on business and was very satisfied. Clean place and I felt safe. They were doing renovations and the concierge called my room to apologize for the noise, but I didn't hear any anyway. Besides, if it's not at night, who cares? If renovations need to get done, they need to happen some time. I'd stay here again if I'm ever back in the area. Good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
dipnijan, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Laura,
thank you so much for your review. Yes we are renovating and our new look will be worth the rate! We have taken the wallpaper off and textured and painted the walls, We have new bedding and furniture and flat screen TVs! We have retextured the pool and painted it . We are almost done and hope that you come check out our new look!!
sincerely,
N. Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Quality Inn Hermitage
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage
Econo Lodge Hermitage
Econo Lodge Hermitage
#4 of 4 in Hermitage

Been to Red Roof Inn Hermitage? Share your experiences!