“cooks corner restaurant in Henryville pa”
Review of Cook's Corner

Cook's Corner
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Henryville
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was ok, the restaurant is small inside not very much seating. The breakfast was average, don't get the homefries they are bland unless you get onions in it. I had better breakfast at other places, the service was good though.

1  Thank nina626
There are newer reviews for Cook's Corner

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This old fashioned restaurant has better than average menu selections at reasonable prices. The food was delicious, spinach salad with chopped apple and nut crusted brie for me, crab cakes for my husband and sandwiches for the teenagers. Everyone was friendly and service was good. When it came time for dessert, we were invited to come up t the 'fridge and have a look. There was cake with peanut butter frosting, chocolate lasagna and crushed oreo cheescake as well as other homemade cakes and pies. This place was soooo much better than the chain or tourist restaurants.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Excellent homemade food and many dessert choices. We stopped their for lunch and it was very good the soup, chill bean, tasted so delicious. They have a good menu for kids and very reasonable.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The short version: if you like really good food that's not over-priced, you really need to come here. If you are coming to the area to shop, bypass all the "tourist-trap" restaurants and just come here. It's only a 4-5 minute ride from The Crossings outlet stores, and that's where I heard about this place. The service was great and the food was out of this world! I WILL be back...and I can't wait!

The long version: My mom and I were shopping at the Crossings and we happend to mention lunch while in the Bass outlet store. I asked the one sales clerk if Barley Creek was any good, because that's where I planned to take my mom for lunch. The clerk explained that it was "okay" there, but over-priced and kind of tourist-y. She suggested Cooks Country because she just really liked it, the prices were good, and they have pretty much everything on their menu. She said her and her family go there a few times a week. After explaining how to get there (a 4-5 min ride from the Crossings, and extremely easy to find), my mom and I decided that we would go there.

Sure enough, it was very easy to find. Inside, there were several booths and tables and about four seats at the "counter". Not a huge place, but very inviting and clean...sort of a down-home "country"-looking place where the locals come to relax and just enjoy good food.

The menu was varied: cold and hot sandwiches, burgers, pastas, chicken, seafood...pretty much something for everyone. Everything looked good, and a few things caught my eye like the chicken parm, the chicken marsalla, and the chicken cheese steak. After asking the server a few questions about the chicken cheese steak (because I'm really picky!), I decided to try it. My mom ordered the crab cakes (which were homemade). I also ordered a side of fries and some cream of mushroom soup (yes, I was HUNGRY). My mom chose applesauce and broccoli as her included sides.

When the food came out, my chicken cheese steak was looking mighty fine: chopped chicken, chopped onions that were fried buy not wet and greasy, American cheese blend mixed all through the chicken, on a nice lightly toasted bun, with some sauce on the side. (I opted for no peppers). It was a perfect site and I couldn't wait to eat it. The fries were light golden brown and crispy just like they should be. Oh, and the soup....that came out before my sandwich. The soup was amazing: thick slices of mushroom in a thick cream soup base...very good and rich, but not overpowering in any way.

My mom's crabcakes looked very good and the broccoli looked crisp-tender. She said it was delicious and never had such a good crabcake anywhere else.

Since it was Mother's Day weekend, we opted to save a little room for dessert. They had a variety of cakes and some pies, also ice cream and rice pudding. My mom got carrot cake and I got rice pudding (no raisins, although they did have a version with raisins). Both were EXCELLENT!

We left very full, very satisfied, and very happy we tried this restaurant. I'd come back just to try their breakfast (even though it'd be an hour-ride from my house). I will defintely come back here as soon as possible and will never consider going anywhere else when in the area. Oh, and the bill was only $34 (1 soda, 1 coffee, the soup, the fries, the two lunches, and the two desserts). Not bad!

Enjoy!!!!

3  Thank Kim H
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A good affordable restaurant to take the whole family near several tourist spots, Cooks Corner, is open seven days a week serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Known for serving delicious comfort food by the locals, the friendly proprietors, Dave and Cindy Cook, offers several homemade specials daily. The help is very congenial and efficient.

The night I went I ordered a "daily special" which consisted of nine large shrimp over penne pasta in a creamy pesto sauce with garlic bread and a salad, while my husband enjoyed the beef tenderloin with roasted potatoes and pickled beets. Both yummy indeed. Another visit is in order soon.