“If You Never Shot A Gun This Place is For You”

Sunset Hill Shooting Range
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunset Hill Shooting Range has been serving the shooting community of Pennsylvania and surrounding areas for more than 70 years. Whether you're a novice or experienced shooter, our instructors and staff are ready to assist you. At Sunset Hill Shooting Range we gladly welcome first-time shooters, casual shooters, hunters, law enforcement and military personnel, and anyone else who has any interest in shooting. We put safety first and our friendly and knowledgeable instructors are eager to provide assistance and instruction for all of our customers, no matter their skill level. With more than 100 different guns that are available for use every day we are sure to have the novelty weapons that you have been wanting to shoot such as a Desert Eagle, many different caliber Glocks, AR-15 and an AK-47. Stop by the Sunset Hill Shooting Range and enjoying your shooting outing at our pistol, rifle, or trap range.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I go to the shooting range at least once a month and fire 250 rounds of ammo. That 250 rounds of ammo cost me around $75.00. My targets cost me 25 cents each. The reason I bring this up is Sunset Hill charges $12.00 for six rounds (bullets) That's $2.00 a round.When I shoot it costs me 30 cents a round. Why so much more at Sunset Hill? Sunset Hill is a place where almost anyone can shoot guns,rifles and shotguns. A range instructor is with you the whole time and he/she guides you through the shooting. They have a menu and you choose which gun you want to shoot. I took my 16 and 21 year old nephews here. They have never fired a gun and they enjoyed it immensely. Our instructor Chris was knowledgeable and helped the kids to have a good time.
They both fired a Glock 45, Sig Sauer 9mm, AK47 and shot skeet using a 24 gauge shot gun. This place is for people like my nephews who have never fired a gun before. It isn't for people like myself who go to the range on a regular basis. I would have given this place a higher rating if they had only increased the amount of rounds fired from six to 12. Six rounds for $12.00 is expensive even for this novelty. Like I said if you never fired a gun this place is for you.

1  Thank ABronxTale
Anton B, Owner at Sunset Hill Shooting Range, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2014

I'm really flattered and honored by your recommendation! We pride ourselves on being a great first experience and place to learn how to handle a firearm. Ammo rates range a good deal depending on the firearm, but when you combine that with the gun usage and instruction, we think it works out to be a fair value. That said, I will definitely keep your comments in mind for the future. Hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Anton - Owner

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I went on a Friday morning a little after they opened, around 10:15am. It was a good time to go, we didn't have to wait at all for our instructor. By the time it was 11am, the bench was completely full of people waiting for their turn. Our instructor Miriam was awesome! I recommend requesting her if you can, she made the experience even better. She was really friendly and helpful accommodating for both me as someone on their first time, and my boyfriend as someone already with a little experience. We saw some of the other instructors with other customers and their approach seemed different, one instructor seemed a little mechanical and strict. But Miriam was committed to helping us enjoy our time there and have fun.

We spent about 1.5 hours at the range and were mentally prepared for the cost of trying out a variety of guns. It is pretty expensive, but I think it was worth it. I highly recommend trap shooting with the shotgun. Being able to shoot a moving target flying through the air is so much fun, especially for a first timer! I loved that the range was outdoors too, it added to the environment and it felt right for the Poconos. We'll be back!

Anton B, Owner at Sunset Hill Shooting Range, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2014

Thrilled that you had such a good time, and that Miriam was able to make the instruction so fun for both you and your boyfriend. Moving targets are definitely the way to go, and I hope that we see you again soon for some more practice. - Anton, Owner

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our visit here was awesome! As a first timer, I was very nervous but the staff were very helpful and kind. Safety is definitely a priority in this place. They are strict about wearing the protective gear when you get out to the shooting area and an instructor greets you as you go out to explain the rules. The prices were good and not very expensive at all. My instructor was very informative and made suggestions of which guns to try since I am a first timer. We will definitely visit again!

2  Thank Lianne G
Anton B, Owner at Sunset Hill Shooting Range, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2014

Glad we could make your first time such a good one, Lianne! Safety is very important to us, especially since we do so much training of new shooters here. Of course, we still want to keep everything fun. Hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Anton - Owner

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Our family (2 adults, 2 kids 15 and 13 years old) went here last weekend. We got there about 10AM and had no wait. My husband and son are familiar with shooting but this was only the second time my daughter and I had went. This place was very nice, very clean and professional. Instructor was very knowledgble and nice. They have so many different types of guns to choose from. Kids are limited to rifles and machine guns. Adults can also choose handguns. It can get a bit pricey since they charge a set price per every six shots (depending on what kind of gun you choose. I had a 9mm Glock and it was $12 for 6 shots) We rang up a $160.00 bill in no time but that was for 4 of us. Reguardless of the price, we were on vacation and it was alot of fun. We tipped our instructor $20. would definately recommend Sunset Hill!

3  Thank Gina S
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We traveled two hours on a rainy Friday morning to get here. I shot five or six guns, including AK47 and spent $81. I had no previous experience except for skeet shooting last year. We had a great time and the instructor was friendly and knowledgeable (we gave him a $10 tip). From this experience, I learned which type of gun i prefer ( 9mm) and which i do not like at all (shot guns). We will definitely be back!

4  Thank hmhmec