“Excellent family restaurant with many choices”
Review of Bella's Ristorante

Bella's Ristorante
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Hellertown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bella's Ristorante is a locally family owned and operated Italian restaurant located in the heart of Hellertown, Pennsylvania. We pride ourselves in serving traditional Italian entrees incorporating many generations of family recipes. Bella's has a cozy, warm and rustic atmosphere where friendly and professional waitstaff eagerly await to serve your next meal. We also offer seasonal outdoor seating creekside. In addition to street parking, Bella's has parking available behind the main building and in the adjacent church lot. Please come join us at Bella's and enjoy the comforts of a home cooked meal away from home.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We highly recommend the veal rollatini. The fresh baked garlic bread and homemade soups were an excellent complement to the meal. The large entree portions make excellent left-overs to take home. We bought a gift certificate for our friends to visit. Park in the back and come in through the back entrance where there is outdoor seating.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We go to Bella every few weeks. It's good food, good portions, sometmes excellent service, but acceptable at the least. The menu has a lot of choices and it's not just pizza parlor Italian. The Veal Florintino is my favorite. The only thing I wish they did different was be more modern upscale in the decor. I saw enough murals of the collesum in NJ when I lived there 30 years ago. More clean lines and upscale would help match the food. Love the byo option. For 2 of us, dinner is usually under $50. You don't need appitizers as the portions are large enough, you won't be hungry. So if you need a good everyday italian place, give this a try. You will be pleased.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

A few things were right and too many wrong. Right off the entrance is confusing. You enter through the coffee shop next door. The decor is great - very upscale. The prices are through the roof. Over 100 for four, without drinks or dessert (one appetizer). I enjoyed my entree of artichokes, sundried tomatoes and mushrooms in white wine sauce. The alfredo sauce was nice, too. However, I'm told there were only three tiny pieces of veal in one of the entrees. The salads were tiny and the parmesan was from a shaker (like at a pizza shop). That said, the services was super. The server overheard me mention I was a vegetarian and warned me of meat in the red sauce - very nice. And he was quite attentive. The price was way too high, though, and for what we got, we won't be back...

1  Thank BBBBTravel
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've eaten at Bell's five times over the past year. It has been consistently excellent. As a Sicilian from Brooklyn, the Southern Italian/Sicilian fare served at Bella's is the food I grew up with. Since moving to the Lehigh Valley 15 years ago, I've found it difficult to find authentic Italian restaurants that satisfy my expectations. I had resigned myself to waiting for trips back home to Brooklyn or to "the City" to get back to my roots.
The appetizers are very good; I've particularly enjoyed the bruschetta in the past. Last night my wife and I shared the bread bowl stuffed with crabmeat and roasted
peppers in a pink sauce, baked with provolone cheese for an appetizer. For an entree, I had the rigatoni arriabatta and my wife had the calamari fra diavolo over linguini. Both were outstanding-the arrabinata was spicy but without overwhelming the flavor of the sausage, with its background of fennel. I've had the puttanesca and the spaghetti with pesto in the past; they've never been less than excellent. The portions are enormous; I think they could be scaled back without leaving anyone hungry. The desserts (from the next door cafe) were also first rate.
I think we're lucky to have this unpretentious jewel in our backyard. I hope they do well. It's nice not to have to drive 90 miles to satisfy my craving for immigrant Italian standards.

2  Thank PeteofBrooklyn
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was torn between the pomodoro sauce and the marinara for my entree. The owner/chef brought a small bowl of each to taste. They were both excellent. Yes it is a bit pricey but the service and food are both excellent.

1  Thank Notchbaby