“Great atmosphere, great comfort food”

Braveheart Highland Pub
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Hellertown
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Great atmosphere, great comfort food”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had just attended a race at Lehigh University and were looking for a nice dinner. We found it at Braveheart. We had the Salmon special, the shepherds pie, the "fish sandwich" and the chicken quesadilla. Each was delicious in its own way. Each was well prepared and served with care. For example, the fish sandwich was fried cod. I was amazed at how non-oily it was. Perhaps the best I ever had.

The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Our waiter was a local college student who worked hard to ensure that we had a good experience. We did.

• Visited August 2012

“Great burgers”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed our visit. Cool atmosphere. Nice beer selection. Great burgers. A little pricy but service was good.

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Really Nice”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Was looking for a casual place to have a nice dinner - something kind of cozy and upscale. I wasn't disappointed. I had been hearing people mention the place and found a great time to try it. I had the potato and leek soup which was thick and tasty and the pear salad with candied walnuts and blue cheese. A little skimpy on the cranberries, but very good otherwise. The cheesecake did not look to be homemade but was delicious. The toffee pudding was very sweet and desperately needed some vanilla ice cream or something else to make it extra special. The draft Victory recommended was a nice summertime drink. The server forgot my soup, but was very nice and otherwise efficient. The ambient music was perfect. The setting - paneled and Irish themed, was lovely. I will go there again.

• Visited August 2012
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing like it!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at Braveheart two months ago and have been back every week since! The food is consistent, tasty and good portions. The staff is always willing to help and we have seen the same servers every time ( which is rare for a restaurant). It is wise to make reservations and be aware they have trivia night on Tues that starts at 8pm so it gets busy and louder. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good meal and great "pub" atomsphere!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank evan f
Bucks County Pa
“Not What It Was”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I loved going to Braveheart before for the atmoshphere and the kilts but not so much now. This past Sunday I had the choice of where we would have lunch. We hadn't been to Braveheart in a while so that was my pick. I had the crabcake it smelled fishy (Never send food back we all know what could happen) so I only ate around the edges. My husband had the Cod which was nicely breaded and seasoned. Our server was Monika the Bartender She never checked back with us to see how our food was there is no excuse for that because there were only 14 people in the whole dinning area so If I wanted to return the crab I couldn't . When we got the check I told her about the crab and said the Cod was very good she said "Well 1 out of 2 is pretty good. I don't know about you but when your paying for food and service I want 2 out of 2 don't you.

Visited July 2012