“Worst Italian food I have ever eaten!”
Review of Touch of Italy

Touch of Italy
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Hellam
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Took my family on my son's birthday - he likes fettuccini alfredo. My other son had the calamri and linguini. Both dishes were watery and very bland. The chicken on the fetuccini was tough and dry. My wife had soup (pasta figouli) which the noodles were over done and the soup was just bland with a wierd taste. NOTHING tasted fresh! It was extremely, poorly done! Service was very slow, too. I can't imagine giving this place a good review, we were very disgusted with it.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I decided to head out east to check out "Touch of Italy" one Friday evening. Her parents had recently dined here and warned us that it wasn't a fancy italian place like we might have thought. Based on their story, I was glad two years prior my wife and I didn't use this place for our rehearsal dinner...nonetheless, the review.

The customer service was very friendly and relatively quick. It was somewhat busy, though the waitress did make you feel like it was a madhouse as she zipped by our table asking how everything was. That wasn't too big of a deal though.

We first ordered mozzarella sticks, which were good, but quite frankly, I could have gotten the same at Rutter's for a little cheaper. Next came out pizza. Half bacon and half pepperoni. My wife likes the pepperoni, in which I cannot delight in or else it keeps me up all night.

I found the bacon was good, and not imitation pieces, so that was nice. My biggest concern is that the crust itself was like chewing on a tire. It was just really tough. Not bad, just tough.

After further review, luckily, we had a coupon which saved us a couple of bucks because I don't think we got the best value for our money. If we head out that way again...or if you do, I would first suggest Jim and Nena's down the street. "Touch of Italy" has a touch of something...just not really Italy.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Really a shame... On a Saturday night, they were overwhelmed by 8 simultaneous tables. Any restaurant should be able to prepare to a moderately busy Saturday night. It took 20 minutes for a waitress to acknowledge us. It took an additional 20 minutes for the garlic bread to arrive. It took an hour and 15 minutes for a sub-par and undersized calamari appetizer to be delivered. At this time, the waitress said our strombolis where in the oven and that it would be 5 minutes for the entrees to come out. 20 minutes later, after the calamari was LONG gone, the waitress said that the food was JUST being put in the oven. I am ok with waiting for food, but the waitress just lied to us and wasted our time. We left before the entrees were served because we could not spend an additional hour and a half waiting for food and to finish our entrees. Dominos delivered in under 20 minutes on a Saturday night, which is a shame because we would love to support a small business. It is just poorly run. Also, the chef kept touching his sweat towel and then touching the food he was preparing without washing his hands. Take that as you may.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This place could have a lot going for it if only they would season their food. Marinara sauce that is nothing more than tomato puree. Chicken breast that was simply heated plain. No garlic, no sear no flavor. For nearly $20 an entrée there are far better choices. The service and garlic bread was very good though.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've eaten here about a half a dozen times, the service was decent at best 2 of the times....the rest the service was awful. Just a few days ago, we ordered a couple of subs and a Sicilian pizza. We walked in to order carryout, and were the only ones aside from another couple and an older gentlemen. The older guy who owns the restaurant, and makes the pizza's, just sat there and chit chatted with the gentlemen for 10 minutes while we stood there waiting. Meanwhile, someone else already finished our subs.
So our subs are sitting there, and the owner is still chatting away, not making our pizza. He finally gets up, makes the pizza but by the time we got home the subs were cold/soggy.

He saw us standing there, we just kind of looked at him like hey we are waiting for you....you don't want to be too ignorant to the guy that's about to go make your food but we won't come back. The place has been around so long he's got his "regulars", and if your not a regular your service will be hit or miss.