“We Liked!!!! But No Time To Enjoy”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Woolrich
“We Liked!!!! But No Time To Enjoy”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was one of our crazy weekends as we had a lot on our schedule( Fast Paced )
Well first of all my wife and I had business in the area and we booked a room on line and to our surprise it was a little more than expected "VERY NICE COMPLEX". I asked for a room away from smokers and when the very friendly sweet girl at the front desk put us on" D pod" she did good as we drove around back there was 5 separate buildings and ours was the last building in the complex and the door to the building was in the center of the building and we entered that door and I said to my wife look how narrow the hall way is and down the hall to our room. Well we entered our room and looked around and saw the bathroom and smiled. This was one of the oldest and cleanest hotels, Our head hit the pillow and out we went until the alarm clock went off at 5:30 THE BED WAS SO COMFORTABLE we did not want to get up and start our day. the bathroom is out dated, But it was so darn cute and adorable and spotless.
No fault to the hotel we had no time to enjoy we got to our room around 1:30am and left by 6:15am. We did our errands and drove back the hotel and drove around and have decided to book a room in late October. we are coming back :) to RELAX!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your last stay!! Always a pleasure to be your host!! See you in October!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hopewell, Virginia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here on a trip to visit his father on his 90 birthday, he comes here once in a while to the ballroom for dancing and said it looked like a nice place to stay, well we are so glad he suggested the stay, the place looks like little cottages on the outside, when you walk in you get a nice three room suite at very affordable prices, to good to be true, the staff was very pleasant, especially Autumn, thanks for making us feel like royalty, the breakfast bar was also nice, hot sausage and eggs, fresh fruit and cereal, waffles and all types of bread. The rooms were very clean and oh so comfortable, wish I could bring the bed back with me. I never write reviews but this cozy gem of a place I would highly recommend to anyone staying in the area or going to the casino near by.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 104 did not want to get out of that bed
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your time and for sharing your last stay! Customer service is our #1 priority! Looking forward to being your host in the near future!
Voorhees
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm going to write a second review for Gennetti Hazelton.. we've stayed at this hotel over 12 times now in various rooms and in various buildings.. from the queen bedroom to the king with pool view to the extended stay king suites to the top of the line front room suites... and I haven't once been disappointed by the accomdations nor the service... actually we have to nit pick to find any issues to report at all... the only problems we've encountered over our past few stays has been with some of the other clients.. namely smokers who don't get away from the buildings to smoke their cancer.. and a few very happy and energetic rowdies at the pool which we simply avoided one go...that's not bad at all...I mean if we really complained..I'm sure something would have been done.. but we adjust accordingly and never seem to have any issues.. i will still HIGHLY recommend the top line 'all you care to eat' Sunday breakfast buffet held in the ballroom for a reasonable $10.99 minus your "Genetti bucks" bonus coupons which you can ask for upon check-in any Saturday .. still , even at the full price.. it draws many regardless of where they stay.. even locals come in droves.. no wonder..It's fantastic!! Every breakfast delight one can think of, waffles made to order, flap jacks, eggs, fresh fruits, desserts, breakfast meats.. beverages.. an absolute delight... Of course one can always go for the included free hotel breakfast every day as well ,which is also adequate and stocked with good choices as well...but on Sundays..I HIGHLY recommend heading straight to the ballroom!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments on your previous stays!! Yes, we do offer a complimentary breakfast daily, but the Genetti Family Brweakfast Buffet is a must!! We have received many People Choice awards for the buffet! Looking forward to being your host in the near future!
MA
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel for a one night stay on a 6 day motorcycle trip. We had read the reviews and were skeptical about the place mostly due to the cost (very cheap). We decided to take a chance and regretted the decision.

The hotel is located in Hazelton, PA. It was a little tricky to find. The desk staff that greeted us was friendly. The room we were given had a pool view. Although the hotel now has a no smoking policy. It is quite obvious that is was a smoking room for many years before changing. Our room and the building we were in had a strong smell of stale smoke. It was clean but "felt" dirty. The room was also dark and outdated.

My husband and I were very disappointed and would not stay at this hotel again. The price for one night is budget friendly but not worth it to us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
My apologies we did not exceed your expectations during your last stay. Please remember the Front Desk and a Manager on Call are available 24 hours a day to assure guest comfort! Customer service is our #1 priority!! Hopefully , you will give us a chance to be your host again in the near future.
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel property is a little dated on the outside but the rooms are very nice. The staff was very helpful particularly in suggesting dinner places. This is a nice cross between a "mom & pop" hotel and a chain. We would stay here again if ever in the area. Location is also very convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your previous stay. Customer service is our #1 priority! Looking forward to being your host again in the near future!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here with my 2 children on a road trip, and it was a very nice place to spend the night. The room was a good size and clean, and there was a refrigerator as well. The front desk staff were kind, and the person who checked us in anticipated my needs very well (noting the children), and asked if it would be OK to put us in a second floor room, which was very thoughtful. We turned the a/c on when we arrived, and the room was a very comfortable temperature within a few minutes. (The hallway to get to the room was quite warm and humid, although it was inside, but we didn't spend much time there.)

The pool looked great, but unfortunately we were so tired when we arrived that we didn't have a chance to try it out.

The breakfast in the morning was nice, with fruit, yogurt, and the usual cereal and pastries, as well as eggs and meat and a waffle iron to make fresh waffles. The eggs were, I believe, made from a microwave pouch. They tasted a bit funny. That would be my only complaint.

We had a coupon from one of the hotel coupon books that you can get at the Pennsylvania rest stops, so this hotel was a great deal for us. We would definitely stop again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your previous stay with BW Genetti Inn & Suites! Hopefully, we will be your host again in the near future!
Gaffney, South Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We spent the night here on our way to Canada. Wife, 9 yr. old grandson and myself. It was not the best night we had on the trip. Nothing to do with the hotel. Medical. Which brings me to this point. I went to inquire about the nearest hospital. The young lady at the desk was right on it gave me directions that anyone who was not familiar with the city could have followed. I thank her allot. She did it not as her job but as in careing and it showed.. The hotel was not the easiest place to find after leaving the interstate. If you do not give up. We were close but still did not see the Best Western sign. Stopped at the McDonalds on the same street 3 blocks later there. Getting back to the inerstate a breeze thanks to the lady behind the desk the next morning.The main office sits a little ways from the street. Check in was smooth as was check out. The beds were comfortable for which I was thankful. We did not get to use them until past midnight because of the hospital visit. I only had 2 complaints one was the room needed a little airing out. It had a slight musty odor to it. The other is it was small. All and all it was a good place to stay. If you should need one there is a Wal-mart not far from there. There is also a little diner near the Wal-mart.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your last stay. Customer service is our #1 priority! Please remember the Front Desk and a Manager on Call are available 24 hours a day to assure guest comfort. Looking forward to being your host again in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton? Share your experiences!