“Dated but nice...”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Grand Ledge, Michigan
“Dated but nice...”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel property is a little dated on the outside but the rooms are very nice. The staff was very helpful particularly in suggesting dinner places. This is a nice cross between a "mom & pop" hotel and a chain. We would stay here again if ever in the area. Location is also very convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your previous stay. Customer service is our #1 priority! Looking forward to being your host again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here with my 2 children on a road trip, and it was a very nice place to spend the night. The room was a good size and clean, and there was a refrigerator as well. The front desk staff were kind, and the person who checked us in anticipated my needs very well (noting the children), and asked if it would be OK to put us in a second floor room, which was very thoughtful. We turned the a/c on when we arrived, and the room was a very comfortable temperature within a few minutes. (The hallway to get to the room was quite warm and humid, although it was inside, but we didn't spend much time there.)

The pool looked great, but unfortunately we were so tired when we arrived that we didn't have a chance to try it out.

The breakfast in the morning was nice, with fruit, yogurt, and the usual cereal and pastries, as well as eggs and meat and a waffle iron to make fresh waffles. The eggs were, I believe, made from a microwave pouch. They tasted a bit funny. That would be my only complaint.

We had a coupon from one of the hotel coupon books that you can get at the Pennsylvania rest stops, so this hotel was a great deal for us. We would definitely stop again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your previous stay with BW Genetti Inn & Suites! Hopefully, we will be your host again in the near future!
Gaffney, South Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We spent the night here on our way to Canada. Wife, 9 yr. old grandson and myself. It was not the best night we had on the trip. Nothing to do with the hotel. Medical. Which brings me to this point. I went to inquire about the nearest hospital. The young lady at the desk was right on it gave me directions that anyone who was not familiar with the city could have followed. I thank her allot. She did it not as her job but as in careing and it showed.. The hotel was not the easiest place to find after leaving the interstate. If you do not give up. We were close but still did not see the Best Western sign. Stopped at the McDonalds on the same street 3 blocks later there. Getting back to the inerstate a breeze thanks to the lady behind the desk the next morning.The main office sits a little ways from the street. Check in was smooth as was check out. The beds were comfortable for which I was thankful. We did not get to use them until past midnight because of the hospital visit. I only had 2 complaints one was the room needed a little airing out. It had a slight musty odor to it. The other is it was small. All and all it was a good place to stay. If you should need one there is a Wal-mart not far from there. There is also a little diner near the Wal-mart.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your last stay. Customer service is our #1 priority! Please remember the Front Desk and a Manager on Call are available 24 hours a day to assure guest comfort. Looking forward to being your host again in the near future!
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Genetti's even though there are some weaknesses. My room was spacious and comfortable. There was a table, two comfortable chairs, and a very comfortable and clean bed. It was a little musty when I first entered, but after turning on the ventilation the problem was cured. Bathroom was very clean and well maintained though a bit dated. Hallways are in need of refurbishment; the wallpaper was dingy. Internet signal in my room was nonexistent. You have to cross over to the main building in order to get ice. The continental breakfast in the lobby was pretty good and included some hot items like waffles, eggs, and sausages. It's an good motel worth a stop if you are passing though Hazleton.

Room Tip: If you need Internet check the signal before accepting the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments on your previous stay! Please remember the Front Desk and a Manager on Call are available 24 hours a day to assure guest comfort.
Wooster, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

One of the best hotels I have stayed at in a long time. The room was clean and neat. The breakfast was good and the staff was helpful. We arrived late and the night manager greeted us with a smile and was very nice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your last stay!! Customer service is our #1 priority!! Looking forward to being your host in the near future!
Woolrich
Reviewed August 16, 2013

very large complex with 4 separate buildings. We got here late(2:00am) and left by 6:30am.we were in building D all the way around the circle. Bath room was outdated but it was so DAM cute :) but it was very CLEAN!!!!! We will come back for some much needed R/R

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your comments on your short stay. Looking forward to being your host again when you return for R & R!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here as I visiting family recently. The draw was that I attended my proms in the banquet hall years ago. A trip down memory lane! Overall my stay was good for the area. It reminded me more of a motor lodge. The pool reminded me of one at a campground and I never saw anyone using it. We stayed in the back building and had to drive to the front for our breakfast which was decent. My kids always enjoy the waffle irons. They had refurbished my room and put in those motion sensitive air conditioners. If I have one complaint about any hotel in general it is these air conditioners. I know they save hotels money, but I hate waking up hot because the a/c turns off and you have to walk around or show some type of motion in the room to get it to run. We had the a/c set to 60 and it still did not feel cool in our room. I complained when I first got there thinking the a/c did not work and they promptly moved me to another room and put a service call on it, but the other room was the same way! Then I realized the problem was the motion sensors! Whoever engineered these did not sleep test them! Just my pet peeve I guess.
Overall staff was very polite and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your previous stay. I hope you enjpyed your trip down memory lane. BW Genetti is still nestled in a charming country setting. Customer service is always our #1 priority! Looking forward to being your host again in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#2 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton? Share your experiences!