“Finally rooms being updated!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've been staying here for over 10 years, and it has always been clean however outdated. Finally the hotel is updating the rooms and they are excellent. The beds are very comfortable, the new bathrooms are awesome Great price for a clean and comfy room!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sonnie P, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to comment on our property renovations and guest rooms! Customer service is our #1 priority

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was visiting Hazleton for a class reunion. I had read a few negative reviews and was somewhat hesitant at staying here. However, I found those reviews to be unfounded. The staff were friendly and helpful. I had a beautiful, quiet, and clean room. It had a coffeemaker, medium size refrigerator, and microwave. I received a deluxe continental breakfast each day which included hot and cold cereals; juices; sausage, egg. and cheese biscuits; burritos; bagels; waffles; toast and jelly; danish; crullers; coffee or tea; etc. The price of the room was very reasonable. There was a McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's close by. I will definitely stay here whenever I am in the Hazleton area.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor since there was no elevator to the second floor. Parking was at the doo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your time to comment on the BW Genetti property and guests rooms! Customer service is our #1 priority. We are very proud of our staff and maintaining a quality is essential! Thank you for taking notice! It was a pleasure to be your host!

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

, I stayed at you Best Western in Hazle  Pa , location , this was by far the worst place I ever stayed at , I tryed to check in at 5:00pm and the room was not ready so we had to wait 45 min. Then when we do get to the room it was dirty , real dirty , hair all over the bathroom floor , sink , and tub as well as the toilet had hair all over , clearly no one cleaned the bathroom , then when we walked on the carpet are white socks was black and full of hair , then we found a sock in the cushion of the sofa , the outside pool was not heated as advertise at all , it was like ice , my wife was so upset that we left that note and never stayed , I called the front desk and they said that they would clean it again , but like my wife said check out is 12:00pm and we did not check in till 5:45 and we had to wait for are room to be cleaned , then in that 5.45 hr. this was the best they could do , we where very upset , the pool the dirty room we did not want to stay it was that bad .....
The worst Nest Western ever!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank gmorganHamburg
Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide superior customer service. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you.

All rooms are inspected by the housekeeping supervisor before and after all guests arrive and/or depart. A Manager on call is available 24 hours a day to ensure guest comfort. Customer service is our #1 priority. A free upgrade to a basic suite was offered to you this weekend. Hopefully, we will have a chance to be your host in the future. Another free upgrade will be offered pending availability.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Hotel is very clean. The sheets smell of too much bleach, but we arrived so exhausted we flopped in bed to tired to even call the management about the Tail gaiting parties outside of the room. Just a reminder that WE who stay in hotels are also making a good or not so good reputation for the facility. I'm sure that under other circumstances this would be a fine place to stay but who wants to come out of their room early in the morning to find bags of beer cans in front of the doors.

The breakfast is adiquate. Dining room is small and food is all prepared. Average.

The manager said that she was sorry we did not call and alert them to the problem. Very nice manager who said our experience was totally unacceptable.

Room Tip: Check to see what events are going on in town before booking reservation in any hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the first time on our recent motorcycle trip to the U.S. and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and well kept, mattresses are comfortable and the young lady (unfortunately we didn't get her name, but she is an expectant mother) who looked after us in the lounge area was great as was the front desk personnel. We only planned on staying one night but ended up staying 2 nights and will consider making this a base camp on our next visit and explore the area. The only complaint that we had was with the area itself not being very friendly for foot traffic - no matter though, to avoid drinking and driving the front desk called a taxi for us so that we could have dinner off-site. We have put this hotel on our Best Western app on my iPad so that it will be easy to remember - will definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

love this place.... Sunny they manager is the best.. goes out of her way for you to have the best stay!! I will stay there every time i go home ... thanks for letting me and my kids feel at home!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to review your last stay and for your kind comments! Vacations should be relaxing and enjoyable. Always a pleasure to be your host.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I recently spent two nights at this MOTEL and was not impressed; it is certainly NOT worth the price paid. Overall it is the 3rd worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed at. The guest room itself was fair; the shower curtain wass totallly ineffective resulting in water all over the bathroom floor, too many chairs in the room, the refirgerator did not work and the air conditioner was very noisy (that ended up being a blessing). I was put in a room on the second floor and the facility does not have elevators so I had to carry the luggage up a flight of stairs. On the first night there were several male guests on the first floor that were sitting in their doorways with their doors open enjoying more than a few adult beverages. I have nothing against someone having a few beers, but I sure as heck do not want my teenaged daughter having to deal with a bunch of drunks when trying to walk to our room. The second night there was a wedding reception being held in the Ballroom facility. Al I wanted to do was get a good night's sleep but was unable to get to sleep for the noise coming from the wedding reception -very loud band playing their version of bad 80's pop music. Since there was no quieting a band at a wedding reception I used the noisy air conditioner and TV to drown-out the noise.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank A M

My apologies if we did not exceed your expectations. Customer service is our #1 priority. The Maintenance Supervisor inspected your room after I received your comments and reported all amenities were in working order, Several teams and an event were on location as well. The Front Desk and a Manager on Call are available 24 hours a day to assure guest comfort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#2 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton? Share your experiences!