“Decent stop in Hazelton, Pa.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We recently traveled 81 to Syracuse, and found the Best Western in Hazelton a pleasant and convenient stopping place for an overnight break. Interestingly, we found our "room" was actually two rooms--a small sitting area with a comfortable couch, tv, coffee table and chair, and another with an additional tv and beds. This worked out well for us, with a little extra sleep time for the later riser, while the early riser/dog walker could watch the morning news in comfort. The motel was clean, the staff pleasant, and our small dog was made very welcome. The price was reasonable. The one small complaint, which the staff promised to fix: our second night stay on the return trip, the bedroom heater did not work. This was not a big issue for us--we like a cool bedroom--but might be for others. Across the street is a decent local restaurant where we had a good and hearty breakfast at a decent price--"Breakfast World Restaurant." We will stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the room by the office and liked it a lot--very convenient for dog walking , as well as for p...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Sonnie P, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your last stay with the BW Genetti Inn & Suites. Customer service is our # 1 priority. We are looking forward to being your host again.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Having read the reviews, I was happily surprised to see a very fresh and immaculate room with very good attention to detail. In addition to free WiFi and a complimentary continental breakfast, the bathroom had amenities to rival much higher-end chains. The front desk staff was welcoming and professional, and the room was extremely comfortable. My only small gripe was that the bedspread/quilt was rather thin, especially for the cold weather. However, the heating system did the trick, albeit a bit noisily. If you are traveling on Route 80 or 81 near the Poconos and want to stay in a non-cookie-cutter property with a great history in the area, this is a great choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Sonnie P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for choosing BW Genetti Inn & Suites! Customer service is our first priority! I am glad we succeeded your expectations. Comments are always welcome.
Looking forward to being your host again in the near future!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed their overnight to visit family - the rugs were dirty did not even looked like they vaccumed- the heat system made a banging noise all night.

The coffee pot when we went to make coffee all little bugs came out and when I took out the coffe filter there was MOLD !!!

When we checked out and I told the front desk they did NOT even say sorry or take anything off our bill !!! It is not worth the $90 !!!! DO NOT STAY THERE

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dusktodawn29750

My apologies we did not succeed your expectations. All rooms are inspected prior to a guest arrival and after departure. Front Desk and a Manager on call are available 24 hours a day to assure guest comfort. Your comments are contradictory to the BW survey previously received.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stopped here for a night mid-road trip to Massachusetts. The weather was a bit cool for it but my kids were excited by the pool. It was kept very clean in spite of the lack of use. The rooms were acceptable but seemed old and a bit worn. There was a nice area to walk with my kids and pup so overall it was a good experience. Staff was friendly and very helpful also.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This establishment is a fine, affordable place to stay with a nice staff. The rooms were good and clean and its setting off the main road, set back among the trees was very comfortable. The pool is almost always shaded and has a nice deck. Some in our group were upgraded into suits with kitchens and living rooms. It is close by (bout 1 mile) to a shopping center with an excellent family Italian restauraunt named Booty's (which is the childhood nickname of the elderly MALE owner). There is a large chain drugstore next door to the restauraunt. The free breakfast was more than ok, set in a comfy, albeit a little crampted lounge area with a fireplace and TV. There is ample parking, usually right outside your door. Well worth the reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Queens Village NY traveler
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed here for $56 (plus tax) a night. it was an internet price and well worth it. The first night I stayed it was a queen bed, with tons of pillows. I think there were four bed pillows and three or four throw pillows.The heat was on in the room when I went in, (unlike the first place I stayed the first night). There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room. I had bought a frozen microwave pizza and a salad, the freezer and fridge both worked fine as well as the microwave. The rooms were clean and well kept. The bathroom was also the same. There was also a closet with a light inside and folding doors.
My room the first night was on the second floor, but the only way to get to the room was on a walk-way that you could only access from the building behind it. So it was a little bit of a walk in the pouring down rain, and the next morning a little annoying in the 5-6inches of snow that fell. My second night they were cleaning the carpets so I was in a ground floor room in the building where you went onto the walkway. The car was directly in front of the room this time which was a little nicer. The room was basically the same as the first except that this one had two double beds instead of the queen.
The first night the heater made some slight noises as it went off and came back on that kind of kept me awake, the second night I did not have this problem. Once or twice I was able to hear a tv from one of the rooms. There were no trucks parked overnight while I was there, as was with the other reviewer. When I checked into second room, there were no ashtrays in the room,and the man at the front desk promptly took care of it. He was there both days when I checked in. He was extremely friendly and polite.
I did not go to the continental breakfast for anything but a coffee to take with me, but it looked fair. I have seen better, but I have definitely seen worse also. All in all, I would definitely stay here again, especially for the price.

Room Tip: Try to book on-line. You can save a few dollars with the internet only specials.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I always like going to Hazleton for company business, because Genetti's is where I am going to stay. They offer nice accommodations for the price and have a wonderful staff. The breakfast in the morning will give you a great start to the day!

• Stayed: December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton? Share your experiences!