“Mediocre At Best”

Cuisines: Chinese
Auburn, PA
“Mediocre At Best”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We met our daughter for dinner last week at this restaurant, based on some of the reviews. Some people loved it, others complained. Anyone looking at my reviews would know I'm more of an optimist but not with this place. The restaurant sits in a strip mall, no problem as a lot of Chinese restaurants are. Our purpose was for a decent dinner so the location and restaurant decorations don't sway me when we're talking a "normal" restaurant and not a "special occasion" restaurant. We were seated right away, service was fine but we did have to remind the guy to bring more duck sauce a couple times and I eventually took it from the adjacent table - no biggie. 4 of us ordered 4 different things as is typical for us. The meals came in about 15 minutes, which is normal. The food did not have a lot of flavor, and typically I eat like I'm heading to the electric chair when it comes to Chinese food - not in this case. The portions were large, however, we each probably ate 1/3 of our platters and took the remainder home. There just wasn't a lot of taste and the food just didn't look that good. No one got sick, and we did eat it over the next couple of days, but honestly it was probably one of the worst Chinese meals I have eaten. I am not a snob, I eat in the mall places all the time and small places in town that have no frills. This place just doesn't cut it and I don't see why people rave about it. Maybe if one of our meals wasn't good, then that's one thing, but they were 0 for 4. Won't return, won't recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank PAJAY

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Good food but RUDE waiter.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have been eating here for several years and we do enjoy the food. Within the last six months, they have hired, by far, the rudest waiter I have ever encountered. The first experience that I had with him, he ordered me three times to put my purse on the adjoining table. I understand that he wanted me to have more room for my food but I wanted my purse with me. I told him that I would put it on my chair. He was yelling at me to put it on the table connected to ours. Then, yesterday my husband and I and elderly mother and aunt went there. My mom spilled her water and we started to clean it up because noone came by until we summoned the waiter. My aunt picked up her paper placemat and was cleaning up. This same waiter told her to leave the placemat where it was. He proceeded to get loud and mean. She is the sweetest elderly woman and she was almost in tears. She said that she had to pick it up because it was running onto her lap. I was so irritated by his mean display that I went to the owner and he said that the waiter knows how to do things that way only. He is very rigid. That was not much in the way of an apology, just that is his way. This is a service industry and customers should be treated nicely. That behavior is not acceptable. He does not belong interfacing with the public. We surely will not be back for a long time until there is a change in attitude.

• Visited December 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Great staff and the food was good too”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My friend had his wedding rehearsal dinner here and everyone was satisfied. The food...well its chinese food, its rarely amazing or terrible. The staff was great and very attentive considering how large our group was.

• Visited May 2013
Upstate NY
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A full menu with fast, friendly service. Good food at a reasonable price. Easy access from the highway and plenty of parking.

Visited January 2013
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“needs a little cleaning up”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

At one time this was our favorite Chinese spot... the last couple take out were a little disappointing..nail clippings !!!!! gross

Visited December 2011