“Good food and service”

Senape's Tavern Pitza
Ranked #8 of 95 Restaurants in Hazleton
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian, American, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I have known gerry for a long time,have not been there in a while but the last time I was there about april 2012 the food was the same but some of the staff changed,gerry still is cooking downstairs but I do know he has some health problems and was looking to retire if someone can confirm please post here on tripadvisor.

1 Thank traveler457700

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Pizza in PA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I just had to write this to correct nathanr's very poor review of Senape's tavern pizza. It has some very incorrect information. I have been eating pizza at Senapes for the past 37 years. I was temporarily living in Hazleton about a year and a half ago and my family and I went for pitza almost weekly. I have known Jerry, the son, since I was 15 and personally saw him wearing an apron and making pitza as recently as 2010. My daughter just got pizza there and brought some home in April 2012, same excellent quality and taste. Unless it changed owners in May 2012, I would be very skeptical of that review. We are planning to eat there there this week, I will post a follow up review.

1 Thank Haz57
Corvallis, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Senape's gone but not forgotten”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

I grew up in Hazleton, eating at Senape's was always a big treat. We always ordered pizza which was placed on a raised chrome platform and the mozzarella was so good the top would be swimming in oil. You had to use a paper napkin to remove the oil, I would burn my mouth because I couldn't wait for it to cool.
I was home for a visit many years after moving away. My friends and I wanted to introduce our friends to this pizza. What we got was a cardboard piece of crap. When I asked to talk to Jerry Senape , they did not know him. Since his family used to own the tavern and we new the son in high school, I have to assume the tavern was sold. This piece of news is old, it occurred in 1996. I never went back. So the song goes " you can never go back". This is the reason for all the poor reviews. I still search in every town for pizza like I grew up eating.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Nathan R
nepa
“Best pizza- just takes time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

We always order out Pizza from Senapes. If you go to eat there the service takes so long- so we just order out. Even then we wait 30 minutes- but we LOVE their pizza.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank babytravelerNepa
“portions fit for a child & $0ver priced$!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

well today i had a good laugh when i ordered a large tavern pizza and a large linguini and clam sauce first off the pizza was way smaller then it used to be and the linguini wich was the portion fit for a baby with barely and clam sauce was nine dollars lol what a joke my gf looked at me and said never again i was embarrised to bring that home... not to

mension the 13 dollar pizza was
over priced by about 4 dollars but i have to say they did through in this big chunk of bread the size of a cannon ball (g thanx) i fed the birds with it
in short ill never go to this dive again : (