“Stay away!”
Review of Forest Hill Inn

Forest Hill Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hazleton
Forest Hill Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Stay away!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Not clean.
Broken furniture and fixtures.
Out dated.
When I called to make a compalin about being bitten by bed bugs, the desk clerk told me there were none at their motel.
I will follow up with the town of Hazelton and the PA Department of Health.

Room Tip: Stay Away!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Raymond R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Longueuil, Canada
Reviewed December 22, 2012

OK, the Forest Hill Inn is no Hilton. It's a pretty basic place but the rates are so low, one can't expect much more. The rooms are a bit grotty, but OK nonetheless. The motel is on two floors without an elevator, and of course, no pool. Internet access is rapid. I read all the negative reviews in TA and I can't understand what the fuss is all about. The nightly rates for this place are dirt-cheap,and for the money, this place is quite acceptable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Please bypass this terrible place! As others have already written, they lie. Internet is not available except in the manager's office, too weak to show up anywhere else. Broken furniture, poor continental breakfast of a couple of frozen waffles with cheap syrup and some orange juice.
Beds were OK and the linen appeared clean but we started off with only one bath towel, 2 handtowels and 1 facecloth, all of which were 'experienced' as my hubby aptly put it. First clue should have been a sign behind the check-in desk that stated 'no refunds after 15 minutes in the room'. You cannot begin to find all the deficiencies in just 15 minutes. I took pictures which I will send to the tourist board in the area. No other travellers should have to spend the night in such a dump. Outside on the grounds there were a couple of old shopping carts dumped, bits of garbage around and an overflowing bag of garbage at the end of the second floor balcony.

Room Tip: Go to the Comfort Inn across the road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank frohn

Travelers are raving about these Hazleton hotels

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Driving to New Englanf from FL. Had great motels first few nights, didn't pay over $50, until tonight in Hazelton, PA, I stopped at the mom&pop motel because I knew the big chains would be pricier (my first mistake). I was super tired, getting dark, and I didn't do my usual check of reviews, second mistake. I also made the mistake of not looking at the room before purchasing, so I guess I'm learning my lesson. Very friendly manager. I asked for no smoking, "no problem, madame". I lug my stuff upstairs, open door and gasp the place smells like smoke. I'm so tired, I don't want to have to fuss, so I ck beds: clean sheets, pillows smell okay, & figure I'll leave door open & run AC to freshen it up. Then I see there is actually a soiled ashtray next to the bed, are you kidding me? The bathroom is clean, but tube soiled & faucet drips. In bedroom mirror is propped near wall as if forgotten. The rug hadn't been vacuumed. I could go on, but it's all bad. Pay $20 more & get a decent room in this town!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Lisabrux
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Front office very unprofessional tired, old, holes in the doors.

The room smelled of urine in certain spots, bed seemed clean.

Vanity sink didn't drain, large hole in wall under sink.

Bathtub clearly never sees cleaning products, built up with dirt!

Walls in bathroom needed repair.

Dirt in all corners.

Didn't want to take my shoes off in this hotel.

Would never stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jenny154927
Syr NY
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This motel leaves a lot to be desired. We asked for a non-smoking room and the first one we went to had obviously been smoked in. The next one had a smell, but not sure if it was from smoking. The heat was either on high or not on at all. The ice machine didn't work so we were given a few cubes out of a tray. It was generally very worn. It wasn't within walking distance of anything unless you crossed 5 lanes of traffic. The breakfast was limited to stale donuts, poor coffee, and oj. I'd go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Peanuts77
jersy city
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This was comfy and worth for your dollar and resonabley priced hotel as i was on bussniess trip i enjoyed hospitality of friendly staff room was clean &looking great with comfortable bed were i got nice & quiet sleep

Room Tip: west side rooms are quiter
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank john l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#3 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Forest Hill Inn? Share your experiences!