“Tough one to rate”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Montreal, Canada
“Tough one to rate”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We often stay at Hampton Inns as our preferred Hotel, good beds, quiet, clean etc. This location is the first exception, as soon as we walked in, the lobby smelled of mold and mildew but appeared to be very clean and well kept, beautiful view from the dining room over the valley! Our rooms (we had 2) were also apparently clean but didn't smell as clean as other Hampton Inns, no particular smell but not particularly clean smelling either. The check-in was efficient but less than warm, just doing her job, by contrast, the check-out lady was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was fine with a nice dining room and good food. Just be sure to ask for even numbered rooms or you'll be sitting on the I-81, literally a stones through from the back of the hotel. The other pet peeve of mine is that the ventilation unit cycled to a complete "off" so every time it needed to cool/heat the unit would start up in the middle of the night and wake me, I was told the next day that they could have sent maintenance to set it to "continuous" which I will try next time but all other Hampton Inns we've stayed at have a wall thermostat with the fan "on/auto" setting.

Room Tip: ** Be sure to ask for an even numbered room, a room with the view or the "quiet side" this...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Pomeroy, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I always love staying at a Hampton Inn, the beds are wonderful. As a female who has spent the last 20 years travelling in my job, it was important to be able to have a good experience on the road, arrive at my client's office, rested and ready for a hard long day's work. I have always felt safe and secure at a Hampton. Cathy Matthews

Reviewed August 19, 2013

On our way down to VMI College and stood the night at this hotel. Could not have stayed at a better place. Everything was great from the first step in to when we left. Ended staying another night on our way back home.

Trumansburg, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I hesitated to write this review based on all the glorious reviews I've seen, but I felt compelled to be honest since I rely very heavily on these reviews myself. This Hampton Inn is very well located and an easy-off and on from I-81. It is also the only Hampton Inn we've stayed at without a mini-fridge or microwave in the room. The breakfast was mediocre compared with other Hampton Inn breakfasts we've enjoyed and we were quite surprised by this. As always, the bed was fabulously comfortable as were the pillows, but when we took the pillow cases off two of them to try to see where they came from so we could buy some for ourselves, we noticed brown water stains on both, and promptly put the cases back on. The room itself was very clean. As always, the staff was very courteous and helpful. The cookies at the front desk were wonderful, and I was very happy to see that they did add other varieties along with the "signature" chocolate chip. We did get a good night's sleep, (as we did get a room with a view) and that's what it's all about, but would we stay here again....not so sure.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you find yourself traveling down I-81 this is a good place to spend the night. It is clean, comfortable and convenient. The staff was friendly, professional and helpful and there is a great Italian Restaurant near there with great food and more kinds of craft beer than I have ever seen!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We are always ready to stay at Hampton Inns. We always have a great stay and friendly staff. The breakfast is very good and the beds are super comfortable. The fitness center and pool are a real bonus and the convenience of the business center is extremely helpful during travel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Syracuse, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I would recommend this hotel highly. Courteous staff, true to their word accommodations and amenities. Clean! Overall a great place to stay!!! Anything I asked for they helped me with and they were HAPPY to do so! Everything worked, I could go on and on!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
#6 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Hampton Inn Hazleton? Share your experiences!