“Meh...”

Hampton Inn Hazleton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Have to travel to hazleton at least once a week for business. Stayed here once because I was looking to upgrade my hilton honors status. I would rate this hampton Inn below average for Hampton Inn's. Asked for a room away form the elevators and I was put right across from the elevators. Sadly the elevator issue was the deal breaker for me. I am light sleeper. Room was clean, The view was great (from breakfast, not from the room), breakfast was on par with the area's food standards. There is a Marriott right down the street, I had a better experience there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HIHazleton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

I deeply apologize that we were unable to honor your request. We only have 5 ADA accessible rooms and unfortunately the other four were occupied. If the travel agent booked you in the incorrect room type, please contact the hotel directly for future stays. I made sure that we have updated your profile in our system to ensure that any future stays exceed your expectation. I'm very sorry that this stay did not meet your standards. Give us a second try, I guarantee you will be happy.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

front desk and breakfast cook very accomodating since we were traveling with an infant, crib was set in room when we got there great views of the valley, maid service was exceptional with our numerous requests since traveling with a 5 month old

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I want to take a moment to say how helpful the staff was. I made an error in my reservation date. And when I showed up on the wrong date, complete with crutches, they were able to accommodate me, even though they were full. The bathroom floor could have used another sweep but was acceptable. The staff was great. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for the kind response! I hope you are feeling better and it was no trouble at all taking care of your stay. It was surprising to see you using the luggage cart in the morning as a make shift crutch, I thought you had a miraculous recovery at first. It was a pleasure speaking to you and look forward to speaking to you again when you are in the Hazleton area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

You may need a reservation, unless you arrive very early in the day. Beautiful panoramic view of the prairie and surrounding mountains. Spacious, comfortable rooms, very clean. Free DVDs available, free wifi and free breakfast. Nice adjacent restaurant

Room Tip: Get a view over the nice panorama
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raymonde F
HIHazleton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

WOW! What a kind review. Thank you for staying with us on your way back. The Conyngham Valley below the hotel is quite the picture perfect view, especially in spring and fall. I'm glad you took advantage of our FREE DVD library and had a nice meal at the Top of the 80's Resturant right next door. I can't wait to share your response with our team, they work hard to make sure our hotel is the cleanest, most comfortable place possible. Safe travels and see you on your way back south.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

So enjoyed our one night stay enroute from southern climes to Canada. Pleasant, helpful staff. Clean, modern, comfortable. Awesome dining room...maybe a little pricey but well worth it. Generous servings served piping hot with an awesome view. We will certainly be back enroute to and from our lower 48 trips!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HIHazleton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I'll say it again....WE LOVE OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS! Thank you so much for staying with us. I can't wait to share this review with our hard working team members. Safe Travels - General Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were on our way back from Maine and stopped in Hazelton. Glad we did. Great restaurant with lovely views attached. Great staff. Beds were great although I tend to be very warm so comforters are too heavy for me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your posting! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel. Hope your trip back to Virginia went well. Many travelers are unaware of this, so I hope other reviewers get to read this tip, there is a lighter blanket located in the luggage bench drawer for our guests that don't want the heavier duvet. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you on the next trip north. - General Manager

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped on a trip north without a reservation. The staff welcomed us and quickly booked us into a perfect room. The restaurant next door is outstanding; the atmosphere, food, and gorgeous view among the best we've encountered. Hampton Inn offers everything you need to wake up refreshed.

1  Thank HappyTraveler1006
HIHazleton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! I shared your posting with the team and it provided a very positive and uplifting moment during our morning huddle. Safe travels and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
3 mi away
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#2 of 8 in Hazleton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton

Been to Hampton Inn Hazleton? Share your experiences!