“The good and the bad.”

Hampton Inn Hazleton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hazleton
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend June 22, 2012. When we arrived, we were awe struck with the view. The hotel sits on top of a mountain and the views are incredible. They have an outside deck that you can sit on and eat breakfast, or just read while looking at the mountains and the valley below. Check in was quick and easy and we were off to our room. We were on the second floor, and did not have a view which was okay because we didn't plan on being there much. The room was a typical Hampton Inn room. Bed was comfortable enough, however the pillows leave MUCH to be desired. We didn't have a fridge or microwave, which didn't thrill me, but were assured that the hotel has one that we can keep our food in and reheat in their microwave. The bathtub was a little narrow, but again, I didn't plan on spending much time in it, so it didn't bother me all that much. The lighting in the bathroom is awful and makes the room look dingy. Now, the air conditioner in the room was ridiculous. The air coming out was cool, but it didn't cool the room at all. I complained to Aaron (who by the way was absolutely great and is by far my favorite) and he went up, cleaned the vents and it seemed better. Not as cool as I would have liked, but better. However Saturday night, around midnight, the air conditioner just randomly shut off. Now not only am I hot, I'm hot and awake listening to this thing go on and off all night! Upon checking out on Sunday, I complained about it to the woman who was checking us out and she told me that there is a switch that makes it turn off at random to conserve energy, and that if they didn't have the on the unit, they wouldn't be doing their part for the environment! I gotta be honest, at 2:30 in the morning I couldn't care LESS and the environment!!! I was curious though as to why it didn't happen at ALL on Friday, or during the day on Saturday, but it magically happened Saturday night. She didn't apologize, or offer us a discount, or even coupons to a restaurant or something. So that left a VERY bad taste in my mouth! Clearly she does not really care about repeat customers.
Also, the channel list is wrong so keep that in mind as you are flipping stations!
SO other then that, things were good! Like I said, Aaron was just the best! I could talk and hang out with him all day!

Room Tip: If you can, get a room with a view of the Valley! It really is breath taking!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We were disappointed in this hotel. While our room was clean and comfortable, with a lovely view, it lacked a fridge and microwave. Walls in this place are a bit thin and we could hear our neighbours' activities.
Our major complaint is that the WiFi simply does not work! The night we stayed there, the hotel was inhabited by guests wandering around with their laptops and IPads, trying to log on to the network. Why claim to have WiF iin the rooms when you don't?!
The bed was comfortable and we slept well (after our neighbours went to bed) and breakfast was good. However, in our opinion, this place is not worth the money and we would not stay here again.

1  Thank julietheoracle
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We usually stay in Hampton Inns. This was the best one we have ever stayed in. We had a king on the 3rd floor and were passing through on our way South from Maine. Nice place to eat outside. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side facing the valley. No noise or other issues.
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stay at this hotel June 9th and left the 10th. i was there for the NASCAR races at Pocono which is only a half hour away which was nice, since i booked the hotel the week of the race. Normally you are a good 2hours from the track if i booked another raceway. The outside of the hotel is misleading but when you enter it is a very clean and modern hotel. The price didnt seem elevated with it being a race weekend. The only thing i would change is the the breakfast i wish they had bacon to go with those amazing Hampton Inn fresh waffle that we get to make!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stopped here on a Friday night heading home to Canada and were very lucky to get the last available coupon room. The hotel was filling up quickly.

We were given the last room on the bottom floor on the parking lot side which was very clean and in great shape. It might have been the nicest room of our entire trip. The only downside was that we had two double beds instead of queen size but couldn’t complain too much after a long day of driving.

We didn’t have a room overlooking the valley but a short walk to the end of the parking lot provided an excellent vantage point for looking at the beautiful scenery and we were blessed with an amazing sunset.

I only have a couple of issues and wouldn’t really call them complaints or I might have said something to the person at the front desk the next morning.

The door to the outside at the north end of the hotel is locked at all times for security purposes. Only guests with room keys can gain entry. However, when I went outside at six in the morning to load my vehicle, the door was open slightly. Someone had moved the floor mat part way out the door to keep the door from locking. I can only assume it was like this most of the night. Obviously it was never checked by the staff and was hardly secure or serving its purpose. On the plus side, it was no longer banging loudly when it closed which was quite annoying for those of us in the first room trying to sleep.

My second issue is a common one at most of the hotels I used on this trip and more of a personal preference for me. The bed was very soft and my back suffered from it the next morning. I’m sure to some this would be a welcome comfort but I prefer a bed that is a bit firmer. Not a complaint, just a personal observation.

The room was fantastic otherwise. It was clean, in good shape with no signs of damage except for one stain on a chair but nothing to be concerned about. The bathroom was well stocked with plenty of towels. I was very impressed by the LG flat screen TV. Of the four hotels I stayed at on my trip, this was the only hotel that didn’t have a big and ugly tube television. It even had several high definition channels for viewing. This is a big plus for me, especially with the March Madness games taking place.

My final issue is again a matter of personal tastes but the breakfast, while providing plenty of options, did not provide me with anything I could eat. I would have been happy with plain white bread or plain bagels to toast but only whole wheat bread and raisin bagels were available. I’m not much of a breakfast person so I couldn’t complain about it too much. I just had a glass of orange juice and then stopped at a McDonald’s up I-81 after I got back on the road. Others in my group did enjoy the waffles, eggs, toast and cereal. They weren’t too impressed with the coffee however. They were also going through renovations in the front lobby and breakfast area which they kept as clean as possible. Should look good when it's done.

I didn’t interact with the staff too much but when I did they were very courteous and professional. Overall I would gladly recommend this hotel as an excellent place to stop for the night and get some rest.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bundyman
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were there at a difficult time (for a funeral), and were sooooo glad we chose the Hampton. From the minute we arrived, the staff took excellent care of us. We didn't have to worry about a thing, which is what you want during a stressful time. They could not have been more helpful, or more accommodating. Your breakfast hostess makes your day come alive. And the front desk staff are marvelous! We hated to leave.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the "Valley View", it's worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobbi H
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed for the week for business. I was kept awake the first night by a noisy heater. Compliained in the morning to a sympathetic associate who told me they would take care. Second night, I shut it off and froze. Complained again, was told compressor bad and to switch rooms. Checked heater in that room, worse yet. Decided to get room warm then shut off. Probably avoid this place in the future.

Room Tip: Choose valley side for breathtaking views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazleton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton

Been to Hampton Inn Hazleton? Share your experiences!