Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton(Hazleton)(Great Value!)
$103
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

Candlewood Suites Hazleton(Hazleton)(Great Value!)
$98
$71
$65
Residence Inn Hazleton(Hazleton)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
$77
$54
Penn Terrace Motel(Beaver Meadows)
$54
Comfort Inn(West Hazleton)
$86
$62
$60
All reviewsvalley viewhighway sideroom was cleancookiesrestaurant next doorcomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationfront desk staffdefinitely stay here againoutdoor poollong drivegreat place to stayfirst floornext morningstaff was friendlyvery nice hotelwaffles
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stopped here on a Friday night heading home to Canada and were very lucky to get the last available coupon room. The hotel was filling up quickly.

We were given the last room on the bottom floor on the parking lot side which was very clean and in great shape. It might have been the nicest room of our entire trip. The only downside was that we had two double beds instead of queen size but couldn’t complain too much after a long day of driving.

We didn’t have a room overlooking the valley but a short walk to the end of the parking lot provided an excellent vantage point for looking at the beautiful scenery and we were blessed with an amazing sunset.

I only have a couple of issues and wouldn’t really call them complaints or I might have said something to the person at the front desk the next morning.

The door to the outside at the north end of the hotel is locked at all times for security purposes. Only guests with room keys can gain entry. However, when I went outside at six in the morning to load my vehicle, the door was open slightly. Someone had moved the floor mat part way out the door to keep the door from locking. I can only assume it was like this most of the night. Obviously it was never checked by the staff and was hardly secure or serving its purpose. On the plus side, it was no longer banging loudly when it closed which was quite annoying for those of us in the first room trying to sleep.

My second issue is a common one at most of the hotels I used on this trip and more of a personal preference for me. The bed was very soft and my back suffered from it the next morning. I’m sure to some this would be a welcome comfort but I prefer a bed that is a bit firmer. Not a complaint, just a personal observation.

The room was fantastic otherwise. It was clean, in good shape with no signs of damage except for one stain on a chair but nothing to be concerned about. The bathroom was well stocked with plenty of towels. I was very impressed by the LG flat screen TV. Of the four hotels I stayed at on my trip, this was the only hotel that didn’t have a big and ugly tube television. It even had several high definition channels for viewing. This is a big plus for me, especially with the March Madness games taking place.

My final issue is again a matter of personal tastes but the breakfast, while providing plenty of options, did not provide me with anything I could eat. I would have been happy with plain white bread or plain bagels to toast but only whole wheat bread and raisin bagels were available. I’m not much of a breakfast person so I couldn’t complain about it too much. I just had a glass of orange juice and then stopped at a McDonald’s up I-81 after I got back on the road. Others in my group did enjoy the waffles, eggs, toast and cereal. They weren’t too impressed with the coffee however. They were also going through renovations in the front lobby and breakfast area which they kept as clean as possible. Should look good when it's done.

I didn’t interact with the staff too much but when I did they were very courteous and professional. Overall I would gladly recommend this hotel as an excellent place to stop for the night and get some rest.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bundyman
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were there at a difficult time (for a funeral), and were sooooo glad we chose the Hampton. From the minute we arrived, the staff took excellent care of us. We didn't have to worry about a thing, which is what you want during a stressful time. They could not have been more helpful, or more accommodating. Your breakfast hostess makes your day come alive. And the front desk staff are marvelous! We hated to leave.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the "Valley View", it's worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobbi H
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed for the week for business. I was kept awake the first night by a noisy heater. Compliained in the morning to a sympathetic associate who told me they would take care. Second night, I shut it off and froze. Complained again, was told compressor bad and to switch rooms. Checked heater in that room, worse yet. Decided to get room warm then shut off. Probably avoid this place in the future.

Room Tip: Choose valley side for breathtaking views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Booked online, friendly staff, clean, a little outdated, but a typical Hampton. My room had great view of the valley! The lobby is undergoing major renovations. But when I booked, I was warned, so I can't complain. Workers stopped around 6:00 PM and didn't start back until after breakfast. Slept well !!! :)

Room Tip: One side of hotel has great views of the valley.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I love this hotel. It was decorated beautifully for the holiday and the room was immaculate! Checking in was easy and fast. It sounds like it was the last reviewer themselves who were having the bad day! I didn't risk anything and made a reservation in advance and got everything I wanted. I guess if you don't make one in advance you can't be too picky about what's left!! Natalie checked me in she was very kind and full of smiles and later at night Lyle helped me kindly adjust my wireless settings and also directed my wife and I to a great restaurant!! Both were top notch and very helpful. I cannot wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011